COMPLETED CG Support the Colonia Bridge Project in Alcor (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
IMO selling and rebuying an existing carrier for the discount is a little extreme. If you'd get reduced weekly upkeep costs with it, ok, but I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that will also be affected by the discount.
You could argue that on the average carrier 1.5Bn credits covers nearly 2 years' worth of upkeep (at 15M/week) and so getting that cash back effectively is a discount on upkeep... if that's what you choose to spend the "refund" on?

You could argue that on the average carrier 1.5Bn credits covers nearly 2 years' worth of upkeep (at 15M/week) and so getting that cash back effectively is a discount on upkeep... if that's what you choose to spend the "refund" on?
1.3 I earned for 5 days or more precisely for 72 hours (night sleep) Money is not a problem?
And the problem in Odyssey is nothing to do, boring!
There are no live players - because it is a local game.
Have you ever seen 60 live people in a game that were fighting at once?
NO!
You can fly with you 3 people that's all!
Boring!

Deleted member 254248

D
You can jump during the "Pending Decommission" state; once it ticks over to "Decommissioned" you lose all access to carrier functions. Also remember you can decommission from anywhere, you don't have to be in carrier admin (although you do to remove any optional services).
Already done. Sold the services, then jumped it back to my home system to a planet farther out so it can sit till it disappears. Before the jump out, the screen said I was due 4.98 billion credits after decommissioning. That due to the 2000 tons of tritium I have stored on it, and the 927 tons in the tank that it probably calculated at the galactic average. I’ll be selling that myself and transferring a full T9 load to my new carrier,
You can buy a new carrier as soon as the maintenance downtime is complete and your old carrier has entered the Decommissioned state. Fingers crossed the discount lasts until that time... there's no absolute clarity about how long "a week" is. Common sense would say it ends on the Friday, but common sense would also lead you to believe the carrier Codex entry is mainly correct. (it is not)
Was trying to find you guys who wrote that report to ask that question. There was some good testing done, there were just a few extra details left out that impacted decisions here. Good to know that everything appears fine so far for the rebuy. If I get the discount, that’s great, if it expires because of a strange timer by FDev, oh well, I can certainly afford the 150 million and change loss for the sake of the experiment.

For the people at the start of this conversation, remember, this is why we ask these questions. Always do the research yourself, and try to find the original sources for your information. Just listening to a group of random blinky pixels on a computer screen and then taking what they say as truth will almost always fail you in the end. These forums help us all understand how the game works, and hopefully that translates into being a source of help for others, but only if we take the time to sort the wheat from the chaff, and are cognizant that we don’t propagate the false information. FDev is just as guilty of this with their Codex and others are.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who's running the sweep on when the Carrier discounts go live? After the maintenance tick, mid-afternoon, sometime else..? :unsure:

Not immediately after maintenance by the looks of it...

Edit: oh yeah, starts tomorrow. duh. Decommission looks to have worked as expected though, so that's something. Looks like 6 decomms have been left in the Alcor system (I count 8 total, but at least 2 of those were already there).

Last edited:
There are currently no free carrier slots in Alcor - what happens if none open up during the window I've got a discount for outfitting? I want to take my carrier in and fit a couple of new services. Am I missing something here?

There are currently no free carrier slots in Alcor - what happens if none open up during the window I've got a discount for outfitting? I want to take my carrier in and fit a couple of new services. Am I missing something here?

Nope.
People dont really care about other people. While some will purposely leave a carrier in there to annoy others people. Because they can.

However, i do expect that at least some carriers will actually start to move after people get the discounts (starting tomorrow) - but it will be a real battle to actually get a slot in Alcor

FC were holding at 122 in system... 6 slots were currently free...
So gankers are not able to fill the system currently...

My carrier is currently not in system as I just dumped of a load of stolen LTD for ~400K per ton and platinum for~ 300K which I intend to convert those sales into 100% tritium tonnage purchases...

Last edited:
im in there at the moment and waiting for the discounts for some services, I'll be posting in here once im done so will give a 15m notice

Nope.
People dont really care about other people. While some will purposely leave a carrier in there to annoy others people. Because they can.

However, i do expect that at least some carriers will actually start to move after people get the discounts (starting tomorrow) - but it will be a real battle to actually get a slot in Alcor

People will move out, but from tomorrow there will be a lot of new carriers as well.

Last edited:
2021-10-15_053342.jpg

There are hundreds of palanet nearby, how is there no room?
And what does space have to do with Discount - where is Discount?
Deception

The discount will be 6:00 UTC now 2:50
Nightmare
Why is it idiotic not to give the 07:37 discount?
It's now 0:00 UTC take the discount out and put it in!

Last edited:
View attachment 268766
There are hundreds of palanet nearby, how is there no room?
And what does space have to do with Discount - where is Discount?
Deception

The discount will be 6:00 UTC now 2:50
Nightmare
Why is it idiotic not to give the 07:37 discount?
It's now 0:00 UTC take the discount out and put it in!
As normal theres a max server limit. Nothing to do with the bodies of system, max is still 128 slots per system on the server that runs that system...

I thought it was 6:00 UTC because Frontiers comes to work at that time and presses the START button
As normal theres a max server limit. Nothing to do with the bodies of system, max is still 128 slots per system on the server that runs that system...
it's 2021, what are the server limitations?
I can bring in 1 billion ships per planet!
Odyssey is a LAN game and is not an MMO

In general, who can say when there will be a discount on the time?
It's 06:00 on October 15

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom