Switched from Rift to Odyssey, Oculus software still starts with game

I have a standalone version of the game (ie not through Steam or Oculus store). My first foray into VR was with a Rift, but I recently picked up an Odyssey+.
Now even when I have the Odyssey plugged in, the Oculus software still starts when I start ED. I've removed it from the ED library, but still no joy.

Any suggestions on how to keep Oculus from starting with it would much appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't think that's it - there's nothing referencing Elite in OTT (already have that). OTT is not running on startup, nor is Oculus service, something else is invoking Oculus on ED startup.

I don't think that's it - there's nothing referencing Elite in OTT (already have that). OTT is not running on startup, nor is Oculus service, something else is invoking Oculus on ED startup.
The Oculus Runtime Service is always running in the background unless you've manually turned it off in Windows Services.
OTT is just a utility which can be used to easily turn it on and off (as well as doing some other stuff).

If the Oculus Runtime Service is running and it detects a VR game starting up, it'll start the Oculus client software automatically.

So personally I have OTT starting automatically, and always have the Oculus Runtime turned off unless I explicitly want to play in VR. Stops the headset from accidentally turning on as well.

I had the same issue playing Ark. I tried it once in VR and then every time I launched the game it would start the Oculus software even tho I was playing in pancake mode. I never sorted it out. I would just ctrl-alt-delete and kill anything related to Oculus before I played it.

You can set Oculus Home to "run as admin" in compatibility settings and then run it as admin when you want it to start. Otherwise it should not launch automatically. I had this happening when using my Pimax in a couple of games (non Oculus games) until I did that.

Top Bottom