System Shock 3 edging closer...

Oddly, it is set in 2085, so before the second game. The first game made most of an impression on me, although the second one has some fantastic moments as well (brood mothers shiver). Got a bit of a fix from Bioshock Infinite though...

:D S

Oddly, it is set in 2085, so before the second game. The first game made most of an impression on me, although the second one has some fantastic moments as well (brood mothers shiver). Got a bit of a fix from Bioshock Infinite though...

I loved Bioshock, but thought Bioshock Infinite was a huge let down. Between the (comparatively speaking) lackluster gameplay and the overwrought race obsessed white man bad patriotism bad evil I just couldn't get into it.

Optimistic about System Shock 3 though.

I think most recent Prey was the closest thing we've ever got. Highly recommended, very atmospheric and immersive. Kind of curious how this will turn out. I assume many of the devs that worked on the first two games? I wouldn't expect some random studio to pick it up, too niche.

I think most recent Prey was the closest thing we've ever got. Highly recommended, very atmospheric and immersive. Kind of curious how this will turn out. I assume many of the devs that worked on the first two games? I wouldn't expect some random studio to pick it up, too niche.

Prey is great fun, although it never failed to scare me when a medipack wasn't what it seemed to be...

Paul Neurath, who founded Looking Glass - the company that made the original System Shock, is also in charge of System Shock 3. Fingers crossed!

Now...how about full room VR support so we can really get a heart attack inducing game...that i will refuse to play...
Well the original System Shock had VR support (VFX-1 headset) so the series has previous form...but having played Alien Isolation in VR, hmm, maybe my adventuring trousers aren’t quite the right shade :)
Is it? Last I heard were kinda troubled development.
Is it possible you’re thinking of the SS1 remake?

Oh, yes. Sorry - didnt even know SS2 was getting a facelift too.
SS2 getting an enhanced edition was news to me, thanks for that! Looks like it’s on a par with SS1 Enhanced, so it’ll play nice with modern computers and resolutions but still be the original.

Hopefully sales of the SS1 remake and SS3 might encourage them to revisit SS2 and wallop it with the Unreal/Unity stick. Though preferably not the SS1 guys who spaffed all the KS money away doing a “re-imagining” instead of the remake the KS was for :) (mind you, at least they are now doing what was originally pitched)

Top Bottom