Guide / Tutorial T. Flight HOTAS - PB Suggested Mapping

very difficult to do in VR though. I am about ready to stop playing after 4,000 hours because of theses changes. Granted it looks interesting, but after just buying a new tflightx because the first one gave such good service,and then F.D. making things too difficult for the " average Joe " player with these changes, it doesent leave a lot of options for me. Don't know why my icon still says mostly harmless, I am almost triple elite now...not that it matters lol.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for this very useful post (with a really nice picture) [yesnod]

Just a question: what's the keybinding entry for "Change HUD mode" ? (B2+A). Is it called "UI focus" in the keybinding section? Otherwise, where should I look?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the related entry in-game :)

Last edited:
I have mapped manually bindings on PC for
zoom and mini-zoom in to the same key,
and zoom and mini-zoom out to another key.

After 2 sessions it looks like it it is working according to my goal (reducing 2 buttons).
I was able to totally scan 3 systems to the smallest details. Please verify.

Last edited:
I do like this bind layout. Not sure how easy it will be to memorize, but it does have more functionality than what I currently have.

Is there a binding file somewhere to download? Just getting into ED again after a while and find it really difficult mapping it all on my own. Would appreciate it!

Edit: Nevermind, did it by myself :D

I like the setup, but i got a few problems.

1) Everytime i use the toggle for any of the look options (X + d-pad) or changing firegroups (X + tog. left/right) i also deploy/retract the hardpoints.

2) How do u map B5? I cant map this button, it just goes from green to red everytime i press it. I have the official and latest drivers installed.

Best regards,

Luffy

Last edited:
I am using the Thrustmaster Hotas 4, and want to do some changes to make it a bit easier on me. Would love to be able to map some of the functions to the keyboard. But since I am not sure how to do it. I was wondering if there is a step by step manual or video that shows what to do. As I would love to take take some of the UI functions and put them top keyboard for easier use. Like when you have to select options in the panels, ie: Modules, and such or in the other panel when you have to pick where you want to go, or request something... Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Is there a binding file somewhere to download? Just getting into ED again after a while and find it really difficult mapping it all on my own. Would appreciate it!

Edit: Nevermind, did it by myself :D

1) Everytime i use the toggle for any of the look options (X + d-pad) or changing firegroups (X + tog. left/right) i also deploy/retract the hardpoints.

2) How do u map B5? I cant map this button, it just goes from green to red everytime i press it. I have the official and latest drivers installed.

Best regards,

Luffy
I'm having a related problem - I can't map the toggle buttons as part of a combo without cancelling the lateral thrust binding. So when I tried to map B + Tog.left to FA off, it says "B + Tog.left is currently bound to lateral thrust axis". Which is of course cobblers - Tog.Left/Right by itself is the lateral thrust axis. Anyone else had this?

Edit: Nevermind, did it by myself:D

Best regards,

Luffy
I've just changed to these controls and I too have this issue. Also when I try to toggle lights or cargo bay my landing gear keeps deploying. Also have issues with FSS and I some of the in game menus when it comes to selecting and cancelling.

Not had your issue with the B5 other then the one I mentioned.

Anyone used these controls successfully?

I've been using it for some time myself. I do have some issues with the combination presses sometimes too. Thought it was just me pressing them strangely. Bug report time possibly

Top Bottom