Guide / Tutorial T. Flight HOTAS - PB Suggested Mapping

very difficult to do in VR though. I am about ready to stop playing after 4,000 hours because of theses changes. Granted it looks interesting, but after just buying a new tflightx because the first one gave such good service,and then F.D. making things too difficult for the " average Joe " player with these changes, it doesent leave a lot of options for me. Don't know why my icon still says mostly harmless, I am almost triple elite now...not that it matters lol.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for this very useful post (with a really nice picture) [yesnod]

Just a question: what's the keybinding entry for "Change HUD mode" ? (B2+A). Is it called "UI focus" in the keybinding section? Otherwise, where should I look?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the related entry in-game :)

Last edited:
I have mapped manually bindings on PC for
zoom and mini-zoom in to the same key,
and zoom and mini-zoom out to another key.

After 2 sessions it looks like it it is working according to my goal (reducing 2 buttons).
I was able to totally scan 3 systems to the smallest details. Please verify.

Last edited:
I do like this bind layout. Not sure how easy it will be to memorize, but it does have more functionality than what I currently have.

Is there a binding file somewhere to download? Just getting into ED again after a while and find it really difficult mapping it all on my own. Would appreciate it!

Edit: Nevermind, did it by myself :D

I like the setup, but i got a few problems.

1) Everytime i use the toggle for any of the look options (X + d-pad) or changing firegroups (X + tog. left/right) i also deploy/retract the hardpoints.

2) How do u map B5? I cant map this button, it just goes from green to red everytime i press it. I have the official and latest drivers installed.

Best regards,

Luffy

Last edited:
I am using the Thrustmaster Hotas 4, and want to do some changes to make it a bit easier on me. Would love to be able to map some of the functions to the keyboard. But since I am not sure how to do it. I was wondering if there is a step by step manual or video that shows what to do. As I would love to take take some of the UI functions and put them top keyboard for easier use. Like when you have to select options in the panels, ie: Modules, and such or in the other panel when you have to pick where you want to go, or request something... Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Is there a binding file somewhere to download? Just getting into ED again after a while and find it really difficult mapping it all on my own. Would appreciate it!

Edit: Nevermind, did it by myself :D

1) Everytime i use the toggle for any of the look options (X + d-pad) or changing firegroups (X + tog. left/right) i also deploy/retract the hardpoints.

2) How do u map B5? I cant map this button, it just goes from green to red everytime i press it. I have the official and latest drivers installed.

Best regards,

Luffy

I'm having a related problem - I can't map the toggle buttons as part of a combo without cancelling the lateral thrust binding. So when I tried to map B + Tog.left to FA off, it says "B + Tog.left is currently bound to lateral thrust axis". Which is of course cobblers - Tog.Left/Right by itself is the lateral thrust axis. Anyone else had this?

Edit: Nevermind, did it by myself:D

Best regards,

Luffy
I've just changed to these controls and I too have this issue. Also when I try to toggle lights or cargo bay my landing gear keeps deploying. Also have issues with FSS and I some of the in game menus when it comes to selecting and cancelling.

Not had your issue with the B5 other then the one I mentioned.

Anyone used these controls successfully?

I've been using it for some time myself. I do have some issues with the combination presses sometimes too. Thought it was just me pressing them strangely. Bug report time possibly

Hey folks. It's been found useful over on Facebook and Twitter so thought I'd drop it here too. I've been running most of this mapping for some time, with the added FSS and DSS now having been given a shakedown it's working very well for me.

unknown.png

Just picked one up. I'll give it a go.
One of the hardest parts about a flight stick on console is to want to supplement it with keyboard, for various macrod actions. This frees up some of the challenges of keybinding everything to the stick, and avoiding breaking immersion. It bewilders that Elite doesn't support keyboard on Xbox.

Top Bottom