T- Rex Wrong Dimension

compared to the Indominus Rex the T Rex is huge, even the spinosaurus is smaller than the T Rex. Set the dimensions.
"Spinosaurus was among the largest of all known carnivorous dinosaurs, nearly as large as or even larger than Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus. Estimates published in 2005, 2007, and 2008 suggested that it was between 12.6–18 metres (41–59ft) in length and 7 to 20.9 tonnes (7.7 to 23.0 short tons) in weight."

Frontier have the scaling a little off, but it's nothing they shouldn't be able to fix. [smile]

They know about the size issues they acknowledged them on Facebook and Reddit and even here (I Think). Most likely be something fixed as soon as the fallen Kingdom update is released.

Indominus Rex in the movie was the same size as the T-Rex.

More than making T-Rex smaller, they have to enlarge Spino and Giga up to more than T-Rex.

I refuse to see T-Rex almost the same size as Ceratosaurus. You have to keep the proportions well.

Last edited:
In addition to the Giga, Spino & Rex (both of them) being incorrectly sized, does anyone know how accurate the Diplodocus & Brachiosaur are?

Herbivore sizes

I haven't compared the sauropods much yet, but the small "dwarf" versions of armored herbivores definitely are much too large. Dinosaurs like Kentrosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Styracosaurus and Crichtonsaurus should be literal dwarves compared to giants like Triceratops and Stegosaurus. In game they are almost the same size.

About the T-Rex vs Giga - I'd say it's both the Rex being too big and Giga being too small. The argument that T-Rex shouldn't be shrunk because it should stay larger than Cerato doesn't fly, because the in-game Cerato is massively oversized as well. I'd say shrink both Rex and Cerato.

The topics of Rex and Ceratosaurus sizes can be debated since these appeared in movies and were not always accurately represented in those. But herbivores like Crichtonsaurus don't have good excuses for being as large as they are at the moment.

About the T-Rex vs Giga - I'd say it's both the Rex being too big and Giga being too small. The argument that T-Rex shouldn't be shrunk because it should stay larger than Cerato doesn't fly, because the in-game Cerato is massively oversized as well. I'd say shrink both Rex and Cerato.

The topics of Rex and Ceratosaurus sizes can be debated since these appeared in movies and were not always accurately represented in those. But herbivores like Crichtonsaurus don't have good excuses for being as large as they are at the moment.
I would put it like this:

-Spino: 15 meters long, 5 height
-Giganotosaurus: 14 meters long, 4 height
-T-Rex: 13 meters long, 4 height
-Cerato: 8 meters long, 2'5 height

The most oversized dinosaur of all is the Cerato, it would shrink it a lot. He can not swallow an entire person as he does in the game. About the herbivores, I totally agree. It is seen that Frontier made very similar models in size and forgot the accuracy. In the real world ,Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Triceratops are gigantic compared to their lesser known versions.

Last edited:
Spinosaurus lenght is 15m (it's ok). The problem is Ceratosaurus and T-rex too BIG, so Spinosaurus seem look too small.
T-rex should be scale down to 12.2m (40ft). This t-rex's length is listed in jurassicworld.com. (ceratosaurus's size should be shrunk too).
Giganosaurus should be scale up to 13.2m
CrakgO 5.jpg

Since Rexy is 13.4 m in JW, the size is legit.

Spinosaurus at 15 m is legit because the real one was that long but the JP Spinosaurus is heavily built, which wasn't the case with the real one.

Hence the Spino should used at the JP 3 official chart.

I agree there is definitely some Dino size issues.

At 10.4 meters long - Ceratosaurus is a beast - and way too large either for the JP/JW movies or real life. In JP3 - the Ceratosaurus was listed at about 9 meters long , 2.5 meters tall. In real life - Ceratosaurus was about 7 meters, 2.2 meters tall, and 1 ton.

Like wise the T.rex is a bit too large even when compared with the JP/JW series - At 14 meters/46 feet long, 5 meters/16.4 feet tall, and 18 tons - it is a giant. After all - the largest T.rex from the JP/JW series is Rexy in JW & JW:FK - she is stated at being - 13.4 meters/44 feet long, 5.12 meters/16.8 feet tall, and about 9-10 tons. The adult T.rex pair from JP:TLW - is roughly 12-12.8 meters/39.4-42 feet long, about 4.9 meters/16 feet tall, and weighed 7-9 tons (basically they are normal sized adult T.rexes). The male T.rex from JP3 was a young adult (based it his stats) - at about 11.3 meters/37 feet long, 4.4 meters/14.5 feet tall, and 6 tons.

Still even if T.rex in JWE was based off of Rexy from JW - then she would be very slightly longer than the JP 3 Spinosaurus - at 13.3 meters/43.75 feet long, 6 meters/19.7 feet tall (at top of spines), and the real world Giganotosaurus - at 13.2 meters/43.3 feet long. But at least they would all be roughly the same size. But the problem is they aren't - in JWE - the Giganotosaurus is stated at being 12 meters/39.4 feet long. Which is a 2 full meters shorter in length, and about 1.5 meters shorter in height.

In addition - the Indominus rex is stated in Jurassic World to be longer than the T.rex (Rexy) -- up to 15.24 meters/50 feet long when full grown,

Still there are a few other dinosaurs who also need to be increased in size -

Brachiosaurus' JWE stats state it is 6.4 meters/21 feet tall, and 18.8 meters/61.7 feet long - which is clearly wrong. The Brachiosaurus of the JP/JW series is about 25.9 meters/85 feet long, about 12 meters/39.4 feet tall, and 30-35 tons. These figures are pretty seem to the real world estimates for Brachiosaurus.

In addition the Dilophosaurus is also a bit too small. The real world Dilophosaurus was about 5.5-7 meters/18-23 feet long, 2-2.5 meters/6.5-8.2 feet tall, 200-400 kg. The Dilophosaurus which attacked and killed Dennis Nedry in JP was basically a juvenile. The stats from JWE state the Dilophosaurus is about 3 meters/9.8 feet long, 1.7 meters/ 5.6 feet tall.

Last edited:
Dinoken,

I don't have the game yet.

The stats of the T. rex are really as such in the game ? 15 tonnes ?

You know it is not impossible actually. Some really large specimens we have were not fully grown and Sue weight estimates have topped 18 tonnes at time.

The stats of Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, T-rex:
CrakgO5.jpg

As you see, Spinosaurus's length is 15m (in fact the length is between 14-16m -> ok), weight should be about 9-14 tonnes
Giganotosaurus is 12m (too small), weight should be about 8-9.5 tonnes
T-rex is 14m (too big), weight should be about 8-10 tonnes

The stats of Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, T-rex:

As you see, Spinosaurus's length is 15m (in fact the length is between 14-16m -> ok), weight should be about 9-14 tonnes
Giganotosaurus is 12m (too small), weight should be about 8-9.5 tonnes
T-rex is 14m (too big), weight should be about 8-10 tonnes

You can pretty much ignore the in-game weight values (they are pretty random and don't correlate well with the size of the in-game model), but the in-game length and height values are quite believable compared to the models.

Honestly this shows pretty obviously how the T-Rex is too big. Yeah, Giga should be upscaled a tiny bit, but the main issue is Rex being a Godzilla.

The thing about the Giga at the moment it contradicts Jurassic World lore in game. So the Indo-Rex was giving Giga DNA on top of it;s base Rex DNA so that'll it'll grow bigger than the Rex. If the Rex towers over the Giga why bother adding Giga DNA to the genome. So in the Lore Universal set out the Giga should be bigger than the Rex.

A 14 m T. rex is not unrealistic :

- Thomas Holtz, T. rex expert, said we can expect specimens 15-20 % larger than Sue.
-we have several specimens (Wankel, Tristan..) which died at 17-18 years, had still to grow and yet were already 12 m and Sue's bulk.

Top Bottom