Taking the fight to the Thargoids.

Currently humanity appears to be waging a purely defensive war against the Thargoids, letting them run rampant through human occupied space, while we leave Thargoid controlled systems as delightfully peaceful tourist attractions.

I therefore wonder if alternate more agressive tactics could be used to slow their advance.

Taking a leaf out of the unknown artifict station bombers, i wondered if a worthwhile tactic would be to guardian bomb thargoid sites.

We know the thargoid machines react unfavourably to having guardian artifacts inserted into them, so perhaps doing this to a significant number of thargoid sites in a mass attack would cause the Thargoids to retreat somewhat to defend their bases.

If it hasn’t been done before that would seem to make sense. I too would like to make better use of our weapons if at all possible.

o7

Hello @TheChairmaker:
This is not actually a bad idea, but I assume we would need to use guardian artifacts on active sites-which requires a decent amount of player coordination given the number of sites out there.There is also the possibility that we could trigger something that we can't fight back against.

Ive had another brainwave of how to take it to the thargoids, and that is to scavenge all the barnacle sites.

We know the Thargoids have been seen visiting the barnacles to "refuel" If we cut off their fuel supplies then they cannot attack us.

Top Bottom