Taman Safari Hutan

Hi guys! My name is TheYeti! Some of you might know me from Zoo Tycoon 2, but I've also been struggling with Planet Zoo for quite a bit. It took me some time to get used to it, but I feel like I'm finally on a project that's going somewhere. Taman Safari Hutan is supposed to be a jungle-themed zoo in the future capital of Indonesia. I've had this plan in my head for quite a while, but partly thanks to Koali Zoo I finally found inspiration to work on it in this game.

Anyway, here's some shots from the first exhibit that I've worked on. It houses two Chinese pangolins and also has a some staff facilities. The building is inspired by typical constructions you would normally find in rural tropical areas.

zTGyIXL.png

yhPmYFC.png

qJ1VVpU.png

IFA7hUR.png

3BFfuHu.png

235CZA6.png

With the new Australian pack, I finally built the first exhibit for my zoo on the new map. Obviously, since my zoo is tropical, it is one for the majestic southern cassowary. I wanted to go for a lush tropical habitat and decided to slightly elevate the habitat making the birds look even more impressive while also ensuring that they cannot come too close to the visitors. I really enjoyed experimenting with rocks and tropical foliage and truly fell in love with the new staghorn ferns, which finally allow me to make some realistic epiphytes.

ZcQEhNe.png

CLigNbt.png

nZoDnY1.png

It's been a while since I've showed anything because I was busy with exams. In the meantime I started on a new map again, hoping I've done the planning right this time. Here's some images from the new gharial habitat, based on Singapore Zoo's Tree Top Trail. Some of the items used (Cosmic Cow building and some trees) are from the workshop and are not made by me.

atB19s7.png

QLjodqd.png

1vTULad.png

Top Bottom