Targets flees, to body 200,000 Ls away? thanks fdev

HR 1179(A A Belt)_00001.jpg

And I need it too!

side not: Also fdev please up the stupid image size limit so I can post my Ultrawide screenshots without converting it, its annoying

View attachment 276660

And I need it too!

side not: Also fdev please up the stupid image size limit so I can post my Ultrawide screenshots without converting it, its annoying
Nobody (sane) ever claimed that the game is, was or should ever be easy...that's part of the appeal. If it wasn't challenging it would collect dust and cobwebs like many, many other games I have purchased over the years.

Last edited:
Can't we shoehorn in some (actually real IRL) Relativistic effects like time dilation and length contraction (which are real effects near the speed of light)?? I mean we are going faster than the speed of light

I think the idea of spawning mission USSs far away is to give the player time to prepare, read the messages etc, but it doesn't seem to be calibrated well. The occasional optional time limit has a similar issue where it tends to allow way too much time for more distant destinations.

Speeding up supercruise acceleration at higher velocities is a common request.

Exactly, it should work like it does in real life.

When someone decides to run away, or skip the country, its common knowledge they're only allowed to run no more than 50 metres, or in the case of fleeing the country, just over the border where they're obliged to wait.

(200k ls takes what... 7-8 minutes maybe?)

Exactly, it should work like it does in real life.

When someone decides to run away, or skip the country, its common knowledge they're only allowed to run no more than 50 metres, or in the case of fleeing the country, just over the border where they're obliged to wait.

(200k ls takes what... 7-8 minutes maybe?)
Speaking of “real life” - how could the target get 200k ls away in mere seconds while the player has to fly much much longer?

If anything, we should be able to chase and interdict them.

Last edited:
The question is, is it worth the effort to complete the mission.

Reminds me of the not so famous scene in the film 'Silverado', where, to the best of my recollection, the sheriff leading posse chasing the bad guy stops. And when asked about whether they are going to continue the chase before the escapee gets out of his jurisdiction, the sheriff replies something to the effect of "today, my jurisdiction ends here".

Steve 07.

There does seem to be a tendency for some missions to spawn POIs about as far away from you as it possibly can. If I fly out to that POI and then relog or lose connection, upon returning the POI will magically respawn at the opposite end of the system. If it's a single-star system, this is usually right by the entry point, just to taunt me.

It doesn't challenge anything except my playtime. Just a timesink.

Nobody (sane) ever claimed that the game is, was or should ever be easy...that's part of the appeal. If it wasn't challenging it would collect dust and cobwebs like many, many other games I have purchased over the years.
I think I'm getting too old, because I just can't do it. :( I can keep the trajectory straight for about 100K Ls, but after that I just wobble all over the place and miss the destination by a mile.

@RyuStaar : Use Apex, it's like Elite's Prius. Targets never hear you coming.

Untitled10.jpg

Top Bottom