Taxi service

So, folks, I want to grab a couple of my ships scattered around the bubble. Why on earth can we not catch a taxi or advertise as a passenger to system 'X' so that we can fetch our ship and bring it to a preferred location? It's rather sad that we are unable to perform this simple task! At the moment it looks like my only option is to build a light weight ship, fly over then sell and exchange which is annoying!

Also offering a taxi service to other players who are heading your way would be good too. Could even get picked up by pirates but a feedback system could help to ensure people have a choice.

I really hope Elite is still considering basic gameplay, and not abandoning a game that has so much more potential without the space legs! I feel if so, Braben is doing his own game a huge disservice!

Taxi service (Apex) and physical multicrew (getting a ride from other player) are both features of Odyssey,... I'm no oracle, but I'd wager you'll get neither feature if you never upgrade. Even when they eventually merge the expansions.

I think the OP is also getting to the point that there aren't player mission boards where "need a ride", "want a ride" can be posted.

The best use-case would be if ED started new players on-foot and made the ships, i don't know, like actually cost a lot more than a space suit or gun? So players would want a ride because they could not afford a ship yet?

But that could lead to boredom if they couldn't overcome that hurdle pretty quickly. Also, player passengers would be just as bored as Apex passengers without ship interiors to explore and NPC's to interact with while they are along for the ride. Apex taxi will rarely be used, as it shines an extremely clear light on how dumb and boring and what a waste of play time the excess travel times are in Elite Dangerous but also in any game.

You can grab an Apex if you're an Odyssey player, if not, you can order your ships to be delivered to your current starport!
This is nice.
I don't think i've ever seen more than a handful of dev replies in this sub-forum.

I hope FD has decided to collate and categorize all suggestions here (there are only about 10,000 and many of those are repeats and if done weekly it wouldn't be that hard).

>> Absent that, taking them internal and then bringing back some feedback, this is just a black-hole and a waste of time.

It would also be nice if moderators would merge threads and group them and close old ones that were implemented (whether due to being posted here or more likely just coincidentally).

Top Bottom