General / Off-Topic Tea or Coffee

Didn't find anything on this previously and, well, most people have an opinion here.

Personally, I've always been about coffee. Became a bit obsessed about it a few years back and haven't really turned back since. Been roasting my own beans for almost 9 years now and enjoy a fresh, manual drip every morning and usually an espresso or reheated cup for that afternoon pick-me-up.
March 2019 Getting on for six months ago. Which i understand is a lifetime for some here.

Read the last post, for my answer to this question

Extremely popular prejudice...it isn't better or worse than a coffee from anywhere else in the world. Made from the same beans, using the same methods, and same equipment. But it's magically worse in the US for some reason, right? :)
It is the water?

Personally, I think a post asking about your favorite coffee is quite different from a post asking about your preference towards coffee or tea. I mean, if you want to compare, obviously coffee is superior.

I prefer tea (and will only drink coffee if the 'tea' offered is undrinkable). The advantage behind drinking a hot drink during hot weather is that it raises your core temperature, so you have a lower temperature imbalance against the ambient temperature. Drinking a cold drink lowers your core temperature, increasing the imbalance, and causes you to sweat more.

When I drink tea it is in the way I prefer. For example, I LIKE Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar. When somebody says "That is not how you should drink Earl Grey tea" I respond that "That is how I prefer it, and as I am drinking it (and not you) I will drink it as I prefer it!!!"

I have found that if I have a sore throat Peppermint Tea helps to soothe it (if my throat is really rough a teaspoon of cough syrup in the tea helps even more; don't knock it until you try it under those circumstances!).

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
original.png

I win....

Watch out that Sean Bean, Stephen Frane (stage name Dynamo) and The Kaiser Chiefs don't pop round your place asking for Tea and royalties!
The issue I have with the Sean Bean ad is: He should not be telling everyone, when the fire drill is. It is a drill; therefore a surprise.

That is not doing things 'proper', is it?

Alright, looks like we have an initial tally.
CoffeeTeaBoth (Cofftea?)

Of course there are also those who don't abide by the 2-beverage rule, here is their selection.
CarajiloBeerLeestian Evil Juice

Top Bottom