Tekton Zoo

Tekton-Zoo-Logo4.jpg

Welcome to Tekton Zoo! A Modernist, city zoo built in franchise mode. This is the first zoo I've actually designed myself rather than re-created. This forum was the first (and for a long time only) place that I shared London Zoo 1985 and the comments & encouragement I received on here were such an inspiration to me, thank you!

Tekton Zoo is inspired by the work of the Tecton architectural group, designers of the Penguin Pool at London Zoo along with the original habitats at Whipsnade Safari Park & Dudley Zoo. I'm hoping this will make it look fairly unique, it will be almost entirely built with plaster pieces, metal & glass. There will be a new build on YouTube on Saturdays at 5pm.

Last edited:
One of my zoos is also on the plaster/glass/metal style, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you show us to do to get some ideas :)

Episode 2 - Bankruptcy Avoidance Techniques
Somehow my glacial pace of building managed to produce 6 new buildings from 3 designs! I've concentrated on getting all the initial staff & guests buildings done so I can open the zoo as soon as possible.

First up is the Staff Facility. This has a staff room, keeper hut & trade centre plus a small green house.
TektonZoo-Episode002-04.jpg

Next is the Medical Facility. This is based on the cafe that Tecton built in Dudley Zoo. It contains a quarantine and surgery, the roof hatches are by the brilliant @Creative_Games
TektonZoo-Episode002-02.jpg

TektonZoo-Episode002-03.jpg

Finally we have the Guest Kiosk. This is used for info kiosk, gift shop, food & drink.
TektonZoo-Episode002-01.jpg

Watch the speed build here:

Episode 3 - Penguin Palace
The centre-piece of the zoo's central plaza is in, Penguin Palace. This is inspired by the Tecton Penguin Pool at London Zoo but re-imagined for the modern world. It is about 4 times the size and features a giant underwater viewing area and a naturalistic, pebble beach for the Penguins. This matches their natural environment of sub-antarctic islands which are snow-free during the summer.

Underwater viewing area
TektonZoo-Episode003-06.jpg

TektonZoo-Episode003-07.jpg

Overview
TektonZoo-Episode003-05.jpg

Nesting Area - inspired by Edinburgh Zoo
TektonZoo-Episode003-03.jpg

Penguin surveying his new home
TektonZoo-Episode003-02.jpg

Speed build and lots more info about the habitat

I like the use of the pebble path inside the habitat. The stairs are a bit massive, but I understand that's the game's fault since we need to have enough deep water. Overall I like the habitat 👍

That’s a nice build. I tried to do a terrapin exhibit but I don’t like the scenery in their exhibits so I gave up in the end

Episode 5 - Flamingo Forest
Tekton Zoo has acquired a new area - The Forest. This will contain a waterfall, Flamingos, Lemurs, Red Pandas and Binturongs. In this week's episode I built the waterfall and Flamingo Lake. I've also finished the Grand Plaza at last!

Grand Plaza
TektonZoo-Episode005-09.jpg

Forest Entrance
TektonZoo-Episode005-02.jpg

Flamingo Lake
TektonZoo-Episode005-06.jpg

TektonZoo-Episode005-08.jpg

Keeper Hut
TektonZoo-Episode005-03.jpg

Speed build & Cinematics

Top Bottom