General Gameplay Tell Rangers to wait somewhere

Your Feature Request / Idea
Add an option to tell a Ranger jeep to park and wait at a location. Useful for during storms, because you can preemptively space your rangers out across the park, next to sensitive buildings such as important substations, fences that are likely to be attacked, and so on. Also useful for photo opportunities.

Yes, please add an "idle" option! It'd be nice if you could put a time limit on this option too. Like, idle for 5 minutes before returning to base.

Having just played some of Dr. Wu's missions, getting my Stegoceratops into fights, the jeep kept heading back to base. Would really appreciate an option to make them stay put!

Nah this is not needed. You just need to plan better.

Place several ranger stations across your park. Depending on the map two or three should be more than enough. Just being able to park them everywhere takes away the challenge.

I think an option would definitely work for ranger and ACU teams. Like you go to management option and choose a waiting duration before going back to the ranger station. I don't think they should stay in a position indefinitely, but at most like 20 seconds.

This would make life a lot easier for sure.
I didn't really needed it for the campaign but in challenge mode this could make a world of difference.

Perhaps they could make a new building like a ranger outpost or some kind of utility building. It would be small and let you assign a ranger vehicle to it for OP's purpose. if any of you have read the books im thinking of that employee shed with hay and stuff where Grant and the kids spent the night.

This would make life a lot easier for sure.
I didn't really needed it for the campaign but in challenge mode this could make a world of difference.

It's those missions you want them for, "Take a picture of a T-Rex eating" for example by the time I spot the T-Rex eating & got my ranger there it has already had it's fill & i've missed it. Or when a pesky storm knocks down a wall (or a scared dino predator does in the middle of said storm) so maybe we at least have a chance of sealing that breach before all my raptors decide it's lunch time & the meal is my park guests...

It's those missions you want them for, "Take a picture of a T-Rex eating" for example by the time I spot the T-Rex eating & got my ranger there it has already had it's fill & i've missed it. Or when a pesky storm knocks down a wall (or a scared dino predator does in the middle of said storm) so maybe we at least have a chance of sealing that breach before all my raptors decide it's lunch time & the meal is my park guests...
It's mainly for the storms I would like it, because in challenge mode a storm can be a potential game over if you aren't fast enough to repair everything.
Didn't think about the missions, but yes those also.

Photo missions: get a ranger to the paddock, zoom out to find which dinos are thirsty, and by the time you've found one, the ranger has headed back to base >_<

In some of my Islands, I don't have enough incubation labs and because of this I have to control the ACU Helicopter, wait for the Carnivore to come out of the Incubation Lab and tranq it before it can hurt any of the herbivores than transport it to it's encloser.

Top Bottom