Tempted by Black Friday Paint

I'd love to see your favorite Black Friday paint job screenshots on PS4. In particular, I'm interested in the Anaconda and Dolphin (but feel free to post images of any ship). If you take a screenshot just for this thread, would you do me a favor and take it in Performance Mode if you're on a PS4 Pro? There are two reasons I'm tempted by these paints - first is that they just look cool, and the second is that they may hide the very low quality shading on our hulls that was recently "introduced" on standard PS4 and the Slim.

I swore I wouldn't buy any more paint from Frontier until they fixed the shadows in this game, but since BF paints are for a limited time, I may just take a leap of faith and grab a couple while I can. How long are these paints for sale?

Can anyone from Frontier able to comment on whether our cosmetics will be available to us when we someday upgrade to PS5? I'm pretty sure I've spent more $$ on cosmetics than I have the game itself!

Deleted member 110222

D
Who says Elite will even be on PS5?

Another reason I've gone back to PC. I don't need Sony's or Microsoft's permission to play older games.

Who says Elite will even be on PS5?

Worst-case scenario, there's strong evidence (so say the experts) that PS5 will run also run PS4 games. Frontier may release a PS5-specific version of ED that supports PSVR. I'm not sure if they would force us to rebuy ED for this new version or allow owners of PS4 ED to "upgrade" for free. There's still a lot of speculation regarding PS5.

Regardless of hardware, I think paint jobs should tied to our Playstation accounts, thus available on any Playstation hardware that runs ED. If I upgrade to a PS4 Pro, my cosmetics are still there. It really should be no different for PS5.

Deleted member 110222

D
Worst-case scenario, there's strong evidence (so say the experts) that PS5 will run also run PS4 games. Frontier may release a PS5-specific version of ED that supports PSVR. I'm not sure if they would force us to rebuy ED for this new version or allow owners of PS4 ED to "upgrade" for free. There's still a lot of speculation regarding PS5.

Regardless of hardware, I think paint jobs should tied to our Playstation accounts, thus available on any Playstation hardware that runs ED. If I upgrade to a PS4 Pro, my cosmetics are still there. It really should be no different for PS5.

PS4 Vanilla/Pro use exactly the same OS last I checked. No different to two PC's having wildly different hardware but both running Windows 10.

Yo Mr. Duck, I recently posted these elsewhere on the forum. I don't have the PS4 Pro I'm afraid, these are just the higher resolution PNGs.

Elite-Dangerous-20181126041537.png

Elite-Dangerous-20181126041621.png

Elite-Dangerous-20181126042517.png

Well i can't afford a gaming pc etc nor a xbox one x and pass on a pro because of tv and performence upgrade is too short stroke.but i bear with it accept that this vanilla even pro machine is from another age was already old was released compare to a pc but i learn very early to thanks for what i have and can afford for my pleasure.

I bit the bullet and grabbed the Midnight Black paint for my Battle Conda.

DtAx_d_WoAAXNNd.jpg:large

I really like it! The surface reminds me of the submarine I once served on IRL, and it definitely helps with the low-quality shaders. I don't really like black paint for my Dolphin, however, so please still fix those aforementioned shaders, Frontier ;)

I was tempted to grab the Krait Mk II skin, but I realized I'd use it for a few days at most. Headed to the Faulcon DeLacy dealership the day of the patch to make a deal on a Krait Phantom (which I will end up flying much more often than the MkII).

I already made the mistake last year of purchasing midnight skins for a couple ships I planned on flying, but barely touched a week after I flew them out of the mail slot. [wacko]

I already made the mistake last year of purchasing midnight skins for a couple ships I planned on flying, but barely touched a week after I flew them out of the mail slot. [wacko]

We've all been there! I can't even remember which ones I've not bought, but I managed to refrain this year.
It looks best on the Courier though I think.

I've done that with other paint jobs. My blue DBX used to be my favorite ship, and then one day I just stopped liking it, sold it, and probably will never fly it again.

I ended up getting the MB paint for just my Anaconda, which will always have a place in my small fleet.

Similar here in that the gunship was one of my progression ships for a long while eventually sheened with a gold paintjob, but since the cutter, and now the krait mk ii, it rarely gets looked at except for module storage space..

My worst paintjob mistake was buying a holiday season chrome paintjob for the Cobra MkIV. It was my first weeks or so of playing the game just to realize I had missed and was ignorant of the pre-order date Horizons requirement by several months, and so I'll probably never be able to get the ship. (I had bought the game in a summer sale (2016) but didn't really get down to it until later in the year).

I guess I'm 'ok' with it. I practically didn't play other games besides ED in 2017, and I've considered my paintjob purchases (almost all specials) as part of 'donating' to Frontier to help pay for their use of AWS as I also missed out on an LEP and Kickstarter back then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom