Terminal Cancer Diagnosis

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 25: From HIP 38064 to Asterope

Tonight at 19:00 space time, we'll proceed to Asterope (3 jumps) on our way back to the bubble again. We'll stay there for some time to have fun and hunt down Thargoids together. Asterope was the system where Paul (accompanied by me) finally killed his first Interceptor and proudly earned the Thargoid cockpit bobblehead. It took us several attempts and multiple days, as we needed a Heart and the caustic cloud at the end reliably intervened any real progress. But finally, we made it! 🤠

We will stay in-system until Saturday, 09:00 space time due to several RL interdictions.

In the meantime, this is an original one taken by Paul himself. Reina Del Cid is my AX Krait. We were badly beaten up, it seems, but: 10% still ;)

6-notingreatshape-jpg.293538

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 31: From Asterope to Mel 22 Sector SK-E b12-1

As Leg 1 of our tour is nearing completion, we'll do another hop today to Mel 22 Sector SK-E b12-1 and stick with the Thargoids for another day, as planet 2 has a Thargoid ground installation to visit. It's only a stone's throw away at 110ly.

Oh, a Thargoid structure, one might think, seen too many of them already? Think again, this one is rather unique! 🤠

Screenshot_0083.jpg

I can only estimate the height, as the SRV cam stops at 250m, but that giant structure may well be twice as tall!

Screenshot_0088.jpg

And the site has two of them, this is the other one. Might it be a mothership even?

Screenshot_0104.jpg

The door is open, but the beast is still sleeping...got everything with me, but better wait for the others.

Screenshot_0105.jpg

All that stuff on board is corrosive, so better back to the ship for now 🙃

We will fire up the device on Sunday at high noon (12:00 space time) in remembrance of Paul, in Open. First three applicants have a chance to join the team!

We'll stay here until Sunday evening, 19:00 space time and then proceed to Skardee where the carrier will be refueled and refitted for Leg 2, ultimately ending at Colonia. We will take it slow and make several stops on the way, allowing for excursions, including one at Rackham's Peak. Hope we find a parking lot!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 32: From Asterope to Mel 22 Sector SK-E b12-1

Well, as advertised, today at High Noon (space time), our ad-hoc TBAG commando boldy made it to the Thargoid Map Room, and, after a lot of fiddling, we finally fired up the show! Hint: drop it on the light, not on the opening.

Screenshot_0114.jpg

Screenshot_0117.jpg

Screenshot_0122.jpg

Screenshot_0126.jpg

Screenshot_0124.jpg

Screenshot_0129.jpg

Screenshot_0145.jpg

Even though the lightshow is exceptional - in particular in VR -, we'll have to move along to Skardee tonight, ending Leg 1 of our tour. I plan to stay there until Sunday, July 31st, 19:00 space time. This all requires meticulous preparation. The carrier has to be refueled and refitted, from now on, we will really really go long distance travel and finally, to the End of the World, in Leg 3. Leg 1 has been exceptional IMHO, so much to see and experience! But we only covered 33k ly so far. The following legs will about quadruple that. Stay tuned, and if you didn't yet, consider to hop on board!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Just departed from the Carrier in Skardee, going to be hanging around the bubble at least till Update 13 as I think it may get spicy around these parts! I couldn't partake as much as I would like, but really enjoyed it when I did. It's been a backburner goal to take my FC out into the black and this gave me a great taste of what it would be like. o7

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 32: From Asterope to Mel 22 Sector SK-E b12-1

Well, as advertised, today at High Noon (space time), our ad-hoc TBAG commando boldy made it to the Thargoid Map Room, and, after a lot of fiddling, we finally fired up the show! Hint: drop it on the light, not on the opening.

Even though the lightshow is exceptional - in particular in VR -, we'll have to move along to Skardee tonight, ending Leg 1 of our tour. I plan to stay there until Thursday at least, but maybe Sunday even. This all requires meticulous preparation. The carrier has to be refueled and refitted, from now on, we will really really go long distance travel and finally, to the End of the World, in Leg 3. Leg 1 has been exceptional IMHO, so much to see and experience! But we only covered 33k ly so far. The following legs will about quadruple that. Stay tuned, and if you didn't yet, consider to hop on board!

O7,
🙃
A couple of videos of the lighting up...
Here you see the machine pick up our second gift
and here we finally work out how to kick off the lightshow...

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 34: Skardee (Preparing for Leg 2)

This week is preparation week for Leg 2 which will ultimately take us out to Colonia. We will take several stops along the road, including Rackham's Peak which is only reachable by carrier but crowded nowadays even if Console Transfer is on the way. Let's see. The carrier is refueled again already (Inara works miracles if you set Tritium buy prices high enough), minor improvements being made still, and all the snake oil stuff had to go overboard. Meanwhile, time to enjoy Skardee. That system has two landable bodies just outside the exclusion zone which means it gets hot there. Will post pictures as soon as I manage to take them!

In the meantime, this is what we covered in Leg 1.

1658868611047.png

And the departure date for Leg 2 had been fixed: Sunday, July 31st, 19:00 space time. Hop on board for a free ride to Colonia and beyond!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 35: Skardee (Preparing for Leg 2)

Well now, preparing for Leg 2 still, but not forgetting the local attractions ofc. In this case, Skardee 1 which rotates a mere 3 ls from the main star. So it's hot, bring enough heat sinks if you want to try yourself! Used about four of them, departing again was much more difficult than landing there..but finally I made it, even in a Cobra IV!

Screenshot_0161.jpg

Screenshot_0169.jpg

Screenshot_0167.jpg

Screenshot_0177.jpg

Screenshot_0180.jpg

O7,
🙃

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 36: Skardee (Preparing for Leg 2)

As the carrier is still moored at Skardee, we finally found the time to do some photo sessions. The tour would not be possible without such a great team behind it!

Screenshot_0232.jpg

Screenshot_0285.jpg

Screenshot_0284.jpg

Thank you, fellow Teabaggers! Paul would very much approve, he was one of us! 🤠

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Day 37: Transmission ends.

I have been advised that the thread title my friend Paul chose might have "disheartening" effects to some people and therefore I (and you) should stop posting here. It was furthermore requested to have this thread locked altogether, so that it doesn't disturb people anymore when they check the news and read the words "Terminal Cancer Diagnosis" there, as they want to have fun in their leisure time.

I do not want to discuss this in detail, but for now, any progress reports, schedules, pics or such will stop with immediate effect.

Paul was decidedly against trigger warnings of any kind and I am too. He openly lived with his disease and showed it a clenched fist. He never complained. He was one of the bravest men I know and never shoved the issue of his own death away. That fact was present each and every day. The game was not only a leisure time subject for him, but part of his and my life. We, the Ceremonial Teabaggers, do this Tour to honour him and for me personally to get over grieving. Neither Paul nor me did want to cause any harm to or even annoy people, though, and in this spirit, I humbly act now as well.

Please dont discuss the issue here any further. Note that neither the moderator team nor FD (who always supported us sterling level) were involved in this decision in the least.

The Memorial Tour itself will go on as planned of course. We will continue with Leg 2 on Sunday, July 31st at 19:00 space time from Skardee and it will be great! We posted the flight plan twice here and it is still valid. We will travel up to the end of the galaxy. Everybody is invited to join for free. Hop on board if you will.

For the time being, though, Tour status updates and departure dates beyond the one above will only be available via joining the Ceremonial Teabagger Discord (https://discord.gg/s3Mp3tkr) anymore.

Thank you for bearing us so long, and everything,
Stay safe, O7,

-- The Lawful

Last edited:
Top Bottom