Ship Builds & Load Outs Federal Corvette Test driving different Corvette PvE hardpoint builds

Finally, I would highly suggest replacing two of your HRP's with SCB's to be able to double bank keep your shields from going down. If you're unsure of how to double bank without cooking, hit your heat sink and as soon as your temp drops to roughly 20-15% hit your bank button twice. You'll slightly overheat for a second but it will quickly cool back down without melting your modules.
Strange, I usually use : push SCB, wait T=80-90%, push heat sink, wait T=15-20%, push another SCB.

P.S. And it turns out that it’s more profitable to carry SCB class B since 3 charges of heat are just 6 scb,

Strange, I usually use : push SCB, wait T=80-90%, push heat sink, wait T=15-20%, push another SCB.

P.S. And it turns out that it’s more profitable to carry SCB class B since 3 charges of heat are just 6 scb,
In pve you're fine doing it that way but if you were to bank like that in a fight a against a player, it would give the opponent almost double the opportunity to cancel your bank with a FC rail.

It depends on how many heat sinks you have. If you only have 4, there's no use in going with class B.
As you can see on my pvp build I already don't have enough heatsinks for all 5 double banks.

In pve you're fine doing it that way but if you were to bank like that in a fight a against a player, it would give the opponent almost double the opportunity to cancel your bank with a FC rail.

It depends on how many heat sinks you have. If you only have 4, there's no use in going with class B.
As you can see on my pvp build I already don't have enough heatsinks for all 5 double banks.
Sorry for my bad english but:
1. As far as I understand, the topic is about PVE.
2. About SCB.
If one SCB class B to 1 heat sink
If two SCB class B to 2 heat sink
and etc
The main thing is that the banks would be divided by heat-sync by 2.

PvE is so forgiving on the SCB:s and big ships. I would say that I am almost never surprised when my shields are running low so even a single thermal vent beam laser is enough to pre-cool the ship before SCB use and then continue shooting. There is rarely an issue where SCB actually overheats the ship.

Sorry for my bad english but:
1. As far as I understand, the topic is about PVE.
2. About SCB.
If one SCB class B to 1 heat sink
If two SCB class B to 2 heat sink
and etc
The main thing is that the banks would be divided by heat-sync by 2.
Yeah, I don't think you're not understanding what a double bank is.
SCB 1&2 - heatsink 1
PvE is so forgiving on the SCB:s and big ships. I would say that I am almost never surprised when my shields are running low so even a single thermal vent beam laser is enough to pre-cool the ship before SCB use and then continue shooting. There is rarely an issue where SCB actually overheats the ship.
Go test your Vette out in a pirate activity threat 7 signal source in a system in civil unrest and see if that still works.

For PvE you can go specialized on the SCBs and not really worry about the heat. NPCs don't carry feedback rails, so nothing gets cancelled.
But if you fly in open rapid charge is the way to go and fast double banking on 1 sink is preferable as it shortens the window to get cancelled. The heat doesn't do much to the ship anyways, might use it for some TC action:devilish:.

No problem, I'm glad to help.

You really shouldn't have a problem with modules malfunctioning with that guardian module reinforcement.
Switching to thermal spread on the pp will help a bit with heat while scooping. Switching to super conduits on the distro will help everything recharge a bit faster. Also, drag drives instead of drive distributors since the 8A distro can handle recharging your thrusters for infinite boost with all pips to engines.
I would suggest super cap on your boosters but I see you're at your power limit and going monstered on your pp would make scooping even more of a pain and it sounds like you're already tanky enough as is. If you do want to be even tankier though, you could switch your life support to a 5D and your sensors to 8D with long range engineering to save on some power to make more boosters super cap instead of flow control.

I also just noticed you have no heat sink for your SCB's. Was that an accident or are you cooking yourself when you fire them off?
Followed all of your advice on thruster's, pp, pd and shields. I also put super cap on all the boosters.
You just gave my vette more. Well just more. :)
No. I don't need heat sinks with spec sbc's and thermal vent.
I almost feel sorry taking this ship to a haz rez or haz cz or any signal source.
https://s.orbis.zone/6zjm
I think i'm done here THX again. Great advice. You da man for sharing.

Last edited:
If you built your vette right, you shouldn't need to turn one off.
I always use a armoured PP (not for cooling, but for punching protection) and there is not always enough power for everything, even with a monstered.

The commander over there has a lot of guns that don't consume much power and his PP (overcharged 5) barely made it.

Last edited:
Followed all of your advice on thruster's, pp, pd and shields. I also put super cap on all the boosters.
I almost feel sorry taking this ship to a haz rez or haz cz or any signal source.

Would bi-weazes not be better for you at haz rez's and cz's? My ship takes 8 minutes to get from 0 to 100%, your's takes 47 minutes.
Then again i've never lost my shielding yet, so god knows what you'd have to do to lose your's!

Would bi-weazes not be better for you at haz rez's and cz's? My ship takes 8 minutes to get from 0 to 100%, your's takes 47 minutes.
Then again i've never lost my shielding yet, so god knows what you'd have to do to lose your's!

You usually run out of ammo before shields. I use my prismo conda for res-site farming as it's more fun and I'm always out of ammo before the first set of SCBs is used, lot's of ramming and just aggro everything.

Yup. Sir Ganksalot is THE MAN. Friendly, gives excellent advice, doesn't mind sharing, and keeps encouraging. Could open a flight school for new CMDRs, that one... could be a great teacher, incidentally.

Thank you, Sir Ganksalot. :)

Anyone tried pack hounds in the medium or large slots (Or both), they do look cool!

I used them frequently when my favourite HAZ for pirate massacres was under control of an anarchy/lawless faction, but stopped when another faction that enforced the law took over. Accidental splash damage kills on npc miners & their SLF's was too much of a pain in the butt to deal with once they introduced notoriety to the crime & punishment system. They also chew through ammo pretty fast which can be an inconvenience if you're low on synth ammo refills (and I already go through about 15 basic multicannon ammo refills per HAZ session, as I prefer a small long range corrosive turret rather than the typically chosen high capacity).

My pleasure. If there's any other ship builds you need help with I'd be happy to give you my advice.

So this is my current pve/haz load out. Nothin' special, pretty standard really, but Ive occasionally seen folks say long range pulse lasers are a better choice due to the lack of damage falloff. Any input in that regard, or other ideas?

Current design philosophy for the above was being able to survive/fight back in open, so thats why the efficient beams, armoured+monstered PP, and some flow control specials are there, to keep the cores under 40% power, and the weapon's & shields under 50%, but I havent played in open in yonks so that's not a huge concern at the moment. I do prefer a flow control shield over fast charge, as I usually only bother too put pips in sys to refill the capacitor while boosting over to the next bunch of pirates across the haz (naturally pips will go into sys if I run into a wing of npc condas & T10s, or if I accidentally/intentionally aggro a second wing of pirates).

So this is my current pve/haz load out. Nothin' special, pretty standard really, but Ive occasionally seen folks say long range pulse lasers are a better choice due to the lack of damage falloff. Any input in that regard, or other ideas?

Current design philosophy for the above was being able to survive/fight back in open, so thats why the efficient beams, armoured+monstered PP, and some flow control specials are there, to keep the cores under 40% power, and the weapon's & shields under 50%, but I havent played in open in yonks so that's not a huge concern at the moment. I do prefer a flow control shield over fast charge, as I usually only bother too put pips in sys to refill the capacitor while boosting over to the next bunch of pirates across the haz (naturally pips will go into sys if I run into a wing of npc condas & T10s, or if I accidentally/intentionally aggro a second wing of pirates).
thermo on the shield allows you to make the thermo resistance greater than 50, and align all the resistes. With other modifications, this can not be done.
why do people use emissive emissions on turrets? This can only work in free-fire mode on turrets. And if there are no enemies or police nearby?

Last edited:
thermo on the shield allows you to make the thermo resistance greater than 50, and align all the resistes. With other modifications, this can not be done.
why do people use emissive emissions on turrets? This can only work in free-fire mode on turrets. And if there are no enemies or police nearby?

Not sure what you mean about the emissive turret. It works fine set to 'target only' (unless theres been an update in the month since I was last playing). The shields are engineered for reinforced with 58/35/65 resistances for when I was playing in open and damage defence for surprise pvp moments was more of a concern than the predominantly thermal damage coming from npcs. I do have various thermal shields laying about I could swap in, but its honestly not much of a bother. Or I could probably bin the KWS and slot in another thermo booster, as the KWS doesnt seem to earn as much as it did a while back, but again, its not much of a bother.

Top Bottom