Ship Builds & Load Outs Federal Corvette Test driving different Corvette PvE hardpoint builds

Your build is pretty solid but even for open it's a bit overboard on the hull for PVE. I would suggest removing some of the HRP's for some cargo and and collector limpets so you can scoop up those sweet, sweet mats.
I would also suggest adding shield cell banks as well...

Based off of your build, this is what I'd do instead.

Just havin' a closer look at this now. No engineering on the 7A SCBs? Also, on the distributor, why are super conduits typically the preferred option over cluster capacitors?

Just havin' a closer look at this now. No engineering on the 7A SCBs? Also, on the distributor, why are super conduits typically the preferred option over cluster capacitors?
I didnt know what SCB engineering you had available so I just left it blank. I would probably assume you'd want to go with whatever level of specialized you can do. Distributor capacity is pointless if it can't recharge fast enough to keep up with your modules. Shield recharge is particularly why super conduits is so necessary. The faster your distro can recharge systems, the faster your shields can recharge.

I didnt know what SCB engineering you had available so I just left it blank. I would probably assume you'd want to go with whatever level of specialized you can do. Distributor capacity is pointless if it can't recharge fast enough to keep up with your modules. Shield recharge is particularly why super conduits is so necessary. The faster your distro can recharge systems, the faster your shields can recharge.

Finished engineering last night, and I certainly like it. Made a few small changes but nothin' major. Dumped the KWS and added a second heatsink while I get used to picking the right time to pop a cell & cool off with vent beams. Didnt need collectors & racks as I already have those in storage for specific mat collection runs in anarchy HAZs/beacons, so added some more hull. Without the KWS & collectors I could keep the armoured + monstered PP. And finally, lightweighted the reactive surface composite as I've never really felt the 500 points of hull is worth the 50 tonnes that comes with heavy duty.

Silver Dollar

Might swap out one of the medium bursts for a packhound, occasionally run into deadly dropships that seem to have unusually high thermal resistance. But they arent super common, its just rather annoying when they take longer to kill than an elite conda.

Gonna check out carriers on the weekend, but after that might get on that fixed MC vette build you posted.

I'd be interested in your opinion of my current (and first) Corvette build.

Sure.
First and foremost, I'd ditch the point defense. By replacing the with more shield boosters you double your shields.
Then I would change your powerplant experimental to thermal spread and change the multicannon experimental to incendiary. Also maybe change the sensors to long range.

Other than that it's actually a great build.

Mine is set up for basic PvE bounty hunting.

Primary fire is two class 4 gimbaled efficient thermal vent beam lasers and, one class 1 turreted efficient scramble spectrum burst laser.

Secondary fire is one class 3 and two class 2 gimbaled overcharged autoloading multicannon and one class 1 gimbaled high capacity corrosive multicannon.

Here is my Corvette build. Still a work in progress. but I've had decent success in combat with it. Taken down 2 T-10's(not at the same time) with it.
I usually wait to the shield drop and then hit it with the missles.

My current frag build (built to handle wing assassinations solo, though the shield cells really aren't necessary, it can manage spec ops using the huge beam to vent heat and take out smaller ships):

Could probably sacrifice some hull protection, the worst the phasing sequence gets me down isn't close to critical. I don't bother with module protection. This is a PvE build designed not to lose shields and it doesn't, so no need to protect modules.

I changed this up a bit to accommodate SLF (added collectors as per Ganksalot's advice :)).

And in 6 days, I can buy pacifiers and I'll try this beauty out:

Last edited:
For me, some factors MUST be taken in consideration for any build here, in PvE - most builds here fail badly, when passing through this filter;

1 - AMMO counting; builds based primarily in Frag or / and MC.s cannot stay more than 5-10 min in a sustained fight without getting dry:
2 - Ability to fight 2 wings of NPC.s at once - 2 hard wings, with NPC in elite Condas , Python.s and a mix small / medium ships ( Vulture, DS, etc) If your build can fight 2 Condas, 2 Vulture and 2 Eagles AT ONCE without running out of ammo and without getting hull damage ( or worse, get killed) AND be able to fight again the same thing 5 minutes later, then is a GOOD build.

I can do this over 1 hour with my build in CNP.s and ReSh.
I think you cannot use a black only or withe only build, since we have a big enough variety of ships/targets, all with different strong points. I think one must use a mix of what he feels better at getting most effective results.

My build consists in a pair of huge, efficient/vented beams, 2 I Hammer.s with LR and plasma slugs, and 3 MC with corrosive - the small ones in turrets, the ventral one gimballed ;

I never run out of ammo and I find this build THE best for my taste, since is a mix of fixed / gimballed / turrets who can deal fast with anything the NPC will throw at me. Also, in a side note, I found an elite NPC pilot for my SLF worth his cut, when you "school" him from novice up to elite, once he can do hilarious amounts of damage against other NPC.s...

The Beam can fire NON-STOP, same go for the rails, never overheat, and you only can screw-up if you make dumb mistakes...

Here’s something to try. Two efficient thermal shock beams on the mediums. I open with them and it slows NPCs to a crawl. Once heated up, ships will refuse to boost and will only fire low heat weapons, so no plasmas or lasers. Makes it a lot easier to target modules.

Nobody’s touched thermal shock in years thanks to the heat meta. Turns out it’s actually quite useful as a kind of debuff.

I need to use vented because of hammers - they can fire really fast and without venting I overheat ; the hammers are much better than normal rails since are effective even vs small ships, I love them, by far my favorite weapon - is so funny to snipe a running Cobra NPC at 5-6 km and pop him just before he jumps away...

PS - Thermal shock cut 10% of damage, and from my experience that is not a good trade-off... and the crazy Python.s NPC using zillions of heat sinks and chaff, with a hull made from Duracell, will laugh at you...

Last edited:
All multi cannons except for the small thermally vented beams on the vettes nose. Mcs all extra ammo incendiary except one on corrosive. The 2 huge MCs are rapid fire incendiary hehe. Results are :
Loss of dps yes but that's speeded up by the fact that the poor victim has an ambient temp of about 140° at this point and is unable to fire without blowing himself up...meanwhile I've got 4 pips in shields almost always cos of the low dizzy useage. Those 2 turreted small long range thermally vented beams use nowt. They also tell me where the enemy is.
That's the coo here. 4 pips in shields almost always. Plus she has 6k prismatics and x2 6a scbs. G4.
Comes out without a scratch and in a high cz she'll drop 14 or more before the end of the battle and ammo is low.
Carrier parked 30 secs away to rearm.

All multi cannons except for the small thermally vented beams on the vettes nose. Mcs all extra ammo incendiary except one on corrosive. The 2 huge MCs are rapid fire incendiary hehe. Results are :
Loss of dps yes but that's speeded up by the fact that the poor victim has an ambient temp of about 140° at this point and is unable to fire without blowing himself up...meanwhile I've got 4 pips in shields almost always cos of the low dizzy useage. Those 2 turreted small long range thermally vented beams use nowt. They also tell me where the enemy is.
That's the coo here. 4 pips in shields almost always. Plus she has 6k prismatics and x2 6a scbs. G4.
Comes out without a scratch and in a high cz she'll drop 14 or more before the end of the battle and ammo is low.
Carrier parked 30 secs away to rearm.

This build is plagued by re-arm necessity, for each 1 h of fighting you spend half on trips to rearm... not to say is not the best thing to drag your FC all day long to all places where you need / love to fight... good systems for mining have (very) scare places to park, once you leave that spot another FC will take your place and make your mining activity harder....

I avoid jumping too much my FC, except when I have 3-5000 Painite and a market offer over 1 million / unit so I jump there for 1-2 h to sell my stock... but right after, I put him back before some take my place. Not always successfully, tough, but the idea is to avoid to many jumps / week; hull maintenance and tritium costs are not to be ignored, my bill is 11 millions / week... not considering the tritium involved.

Last edited:
Lol man, I DO USE synthesis for 2 small MC - is worth the price, but do not argue with me is a stupid idea to use synthesis for A FRAKING FULL MC build !
Just thinking at the costs to rearm just the 2 HUGE MC alone make me laugh !

They last a high cz till the end.. 're arming is no big deal. The strong shields allows me to ram alot too. Saving ammo hehe

They last a high cz till the end.. 're arming is no big deal. The strong shields allows me to ram alot too. Saving ammo hehe
Lol, how is that even near when I can stay in ResH unlimited time almost ? ... I switch the grade 6 fuel scoop at a second fuel tank and I can fire the hammers 24 hours, almost free...
Usually I stay 1-2 hours until I spend 128 limpets and get a full load of hundreds manufactured materials.... AND 9-11 000 000 credits.
AMMO costs ? 2-3 000 credits :p

Lol, how is that even near when I can stay in ResH unlimited time almost ? ... I switch the grade 6 fuel scoop at a second fuel tank and I can fire the hammers 24 hours, almost free...
Usually I stay 1-2 hours until I spend 128 limpets and get a full load of hundreds manufactured materials.... AND 9-11 000 000 credits.
AMMO costs ? 2-3 000 credits :p
ResH ? In my opinion, I was talking about high CZ ...

Top Bottom