Thank You Frontier For Being One Of The Good Guys

The headlines are filled with evil and greedy companies trying to extort protection money by throttling net traffic or using predatory pay2win loot boxes. In the midst of all this nihilistic doom and gloom, it really makes me appreciate how lucky we are that companies like Frontier hold themselves to a much higher ethical standard, with having a cosmetics-only store. It makes me feel so much better too about the money I spend there to support Frontier. I don't mind parting with some dollars for a good cause, and sweet paint jobs + the hope of a more fully realized game are definitely worth supporting imho.

The headlines are filled with evil and greedy companies trying to extort protection money by throttling net traffic or using predatory pay2win loot boxes. In the midst of all this nihilistic doom and gloom, it really makes me appreciate how lucky we are that companies like Frontier hold themselves to a much higher ethical standard, with having a cosmetics-only store. It makes me feel so much better too about the money I spend there to support Frontier. I don't mind parting with some dollars for a good cause, and sweet paint jobs + the hope of a more fully realized game are definitely worth supporting imho.

Don't worry, your sense of pride and accomplishment will arrive when you have to buy a £30 addon to get the Type 10 Defender. :p

:D

Gotta agree with the OP.

For all their faults, it seems like somebody at FD must've considered all the different options for administering an online game and deliberately rejected a bunch of options that would force people into ongoing payments in favour of a much simpler, much more straightforward, concept.

Good on 'em. [up]

Yup and its going to contrast them in a better light with the continual idiocy that goes on elsewhere.

Well done Frontier.

I agree. I too feel good about my paint/cosmetic purchases. And I do hope they support frontier's plans, whatever they may be, in this game or another, as they have proven they are good stewards.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I'm looking forward to some more immersive things (Space Legs, Atmospheric Landings, Cities, etc.), but overall, I really like the direction this game is taking.

I dunno, after hearing about my friend who likes to mess around with the code of ED to test some skins (before you say he does it to avoid paying for skins, he is a hardcore buyer of them, he likes them A LOT and is keen to support FD) by transfering some models from skin to skin, he discovered that new skins were possible to make just by literally adjusting a few numbers and that was it. We pay 3 dollars for just a lame change in some numbers and that's it.

Doesn't sound very fair to me.

EA caved to the instant gratification kids.
So glad FD didn't when pestered for the same.

QFT

I've mentioned it before, too- EA, Activision, Rockstar, etc. all their games seem to go the way of the dinosaur after a while because of "get rich quick" schemes rather than slow and steady wins the race.

Sure, I'm frustrated at times over the "pace" of development, too- but I'm also smart enough to understand the burnouts don't win because they juice their NOS a little too quickly.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3

What pay2win lootboxes are you talking about, specifically?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
When out and about in the real world I also feel the need to thank and congratulate people for behaving normally.
I simply find it incredible!
LOL

I simply find it incredible, you openly mock someone expression appreciation for a positive behaviour.

People in life in general are quick to criticise, complain and berate unacceptable behaviour, but rarely offer any positive reinforcement for positive behaviour.

That reads like if someone held the door to an elevator for you, you would scoff at the idea of saying thank you as you expect them to do it for you.

After all why should you even acknowledge what they did, even if that too is the normal thing to do, isnt it?

Or maybe expressing contempt for someone saying thank you is normal behavour for you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom