THARGOID ATTACK IN 32 c PISCIUM

Then what's the threat?

Amongst other things, this will destroy the only orbital station in the system, which will have an impact on the economy/BGS. In real terms the loss of the station will not be catastrophic, but if the attack can be avoided we can prove how to defend against Thargoid insurgency. So far this has only been done once, as far as i know, and even then we're only guessing.

Then what's the threat?
It's roleplay. We're supposed to be scared that the Thargoids are gonna make our whole galaxy burn. You're supposed to forgive the game mechanics that aren't programmed in a way for population to actually decrease.

So you can either roleplay that you'll be the hero and destroy the Thargoids so hard that not a single person died, or you can look at the mechanics and go "this is how the game is programmed and it can't actually work out this way" and move on with your life.

Me? I'll roleplay that my guy is all like "What's in it for me?"

And the PF is like "10,000 credits per scout"

And my dude makes a face like someone farted and goes "Nah, that's ok, call me if you can make it worth my time."

And then my dude just leaves.

Last edited:
I think not. Or at least I've not seen it happen. But they do get really scared.
Population changes can certainly be inserted into the same server update cycle as the rest of the Thursday morning changes. It's usually used to increase populations when adding new stations to a system ... but I don't see why it couldn't be used to decrease them if Frontier wanted to.

Jex =TE=

Banned
It's roleplay. We're supposed to be scared that the Thargoids are gonna make our whole galaxy burn. You're supposed to forgive the game mechanics that aren't programmed in a way for population to actually decrease.

So you can either roleplay that you'll be the hero and destroy the Thargoids so hard that not a single person died, or you can look at the mechanics and go "this is how the game is programmed and it can't actually work out this way" and move on with your life.

Me? I'll roleplay that my guy is all like "What's in it for me?"

And the PF is like "10,000 credits per scout"

And my dude makes a face like someone farted and goes "Nah, that's ok, call me if you can make it worth my time."

And then my dude just leaves.

I'm roleplaying being a gamer right now and want to know what's in it for me :p

Amongst other things, this will destroy the only orbital station in the system, which will have an impact on the economy/BGS. In real terms the loss of the station will not be catastrophic, but if the attack can be avoided we can prove how to defend against Thargoid insurgency. So far this has only been done once, as far as i know, and even then we're only guessing.

OK so they're attacking an actual station and AI ships and interdicting players?

Jex =TE=

Banned
Isn't it a little childish for FDev to treat us like children and have us all play "pretend" whilst they don't have to work on the game?

OK so they're attacking an actual station and AI ships and interdicting players?

Assuming for a minute you've not seen this before.

Normal process seems to be that Thargoid USS' pop up all over a system -no Thargoids in supercurise or interdicting in hyperspace- so to come in to contact with them you have to jump in to a USS to meet them. After a couple of days (during the Thursday morning black out I think) the Thargoids will attack a station, presumably the orbital one, and destroy it. When we all wake up there'll be a station on fire and lots of people to rescue. And permanent damage to the local economy (and the BGS of a control system) until someone fixes the station up by delivering astronomical quantities of everything.

However... according to this news piece, all this can be avoided. Tonight.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5aab9c782de1d34424177dbe

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Jex =TE=

Banned
Actual gameplay - NONE whatsoever.

Roleplay-wise - 19 million people.

I don't expect you to understand.

No, I understand perfectly thank you, unlike yourself and you have to get snidey about it.

minimal effort is being made by the devs who have taken over $120million of our money. Devs that treat us like children with a "let's pretend kids!!" attitude so they don't have to code stuff in. So we have a zero threat enemy that I have to actively seek out because they can't catch me even though "they're pouring into the system" and then on Thursday a perfectly working station might suddenly be wrecked in the blink of an eye.

Most people when they recount games they played actually explain the gameplay. ED is the only game I know of where you have to explain what you imagained, in other words, what didn't happen, because the devs can't code it into the game.

Minimum Viable Product... and then expecting the players, after having taken all that money, to fill in the blanks using their imagination leaving everyone with completely different outcomes of reality. Why bother adding the Thargoids at all then - why not just ask you to imagine they're in the system and you're fighting them?

The imagination argument goes nowhere because you can drag it all the4 way back "well imagine you have a computer and this game". Other game devs take our money and make a game, FDev make you imagine so they don't have to.

Should we mainly fight the Scouts or the bigger bugs?

What is more effective?

Depends on your weapons, scouts can be killed with ordinary weapons easily, muticanons are perfect. Only go after the larger goids if you have an AX load out and a fairly sturdy build.

No, I understand perfectly thank you, unlike yourself and you have to get snidey about it.

minimal effort is being made by the devs who have taken over $120million of our money. Devs that treat us like children with a "let's pretend kids!!" attitude so they don't have to code stuff in. So we have a zero threat enemy that I have to actively seek out because they can't catch me even though "they're pouring into the system" and then on Thursday a perfectly working station might suddenly be wrecked in the blink of an eye.

Most people when they recount games they played actually explain the gameplay. ED is the only game I know of where you have to explain what you imagained, in other words, what didn't happen, because the devs can't code it into the game.

Minimum Viable Product... and then expecting the players, after having taken all that money, to fill in the blanks using their imagination leaving everyone with completely different outcomes of reality. Why bother adding the Thargoids at all then - why not just ask you to imagine they're in the system and you're fighting them?

The imagination argument goes nowhere because you can drag it all the4 way back "well imagine you have a computer and this game". Other game devs take our money and make a game, FDev make you imagine so they don't have to.
I think you need to take a break from the game.

Not my field of expertise, but there are a few pilots here murdering injured cmdrs, flying back to repair with AX fits.Bounty hunting these guys might be of economical interest.

Sorry, but these guys tend to have better stuff than I can get, as it is no longer avaliable due to Pilots Federation providing Engineers with new standarts while having no clue about what they should include. If anyone is responsible for most of cmdrs leaving this world to burn, it is the Pilots Federation. Not me.

Was there this morning fighting scouts. Killed a couple dozens...
It would be nice to have some missions available for killing scouts but it seems 32 C Piscium habitants dont care about the Thargoid invasion and im starting to think why should i care too? Still, later today i might kill a few more and then check what happens tomorrow.
AEGIS doesnt seem to care either. Their megaships are more than 100ly away doing nothing! Maybe they will come after the station is burning...

Gods of Elite Galaxy (FD) please do something or those folks at Operation IDA will have like a gazillion stations to repair!

How much is this Pranav chappie willing to pay for my help??

If nothing or not much then let the goids have this system, plenty more out there and they don't really seem to do a lot apart from set fire to a station then leave

Last edited:
Oh yeah, those guys are at it again. Sorry to hear it.

I'll be right over there as soon as I had successfully unlocked the Guardian blueprints to have a chance to actually win an engagement against an Interceptor. Since it's an emergency, I'm sure the affected Tech Brokers will pitch in as well and allow a bit of flexibility of their terms. NOT.

Otherwise, it might take me a bit to rearm with all that paperwork and bureaucratic red tape (18x relog, ad nauseum).

In terms of role-play they need to change the mix a bit. Can't have business as usual--low payouts, ridiculous unlock requirements, etc., etc., then asking the players to sacrifice their ships and engage a superior enemy while worrying about repair bills and bankruptcy. I've tried that before but got my kicked in the process time and time again until I couldn't afford the rebuys any more.

The ferry-refugees-from-the-burning-starport gig is another Zero-Sum game at best, the credits barely cover the repair/maintenance cost. The Risk/Reward balance is way off, plus those refugees can be pretty demanding to put it mildly. So, let them cook until an attitude adjustment occurs or pay a fair compensation for the war zone extraction effort.

If Mr. Pranav wants help, he should put the economy on a real war footing, throw in a few pieces of Guardian weapons to equip the volunteers and I'll be happy to do my part in the defense of his system.

Until then I got paying passengers to ferry to replenish my funds to afford to fight again...someday.

Top Bottom