Thargoid attacks for Noobs

The fresh Thargoid attacks in the Pleiades and Witch-Head nebulae are new to me and as I've been playing >4 months offer some great opportunities for something new. I've been in the process of engineering my FSD and exploring the Pleiades, trying to find fruiting barnacles sites. One to two weeks ago though I noted that the uninhabited systems in the nebula were absolutely alive with Xeno signals towards 30 in the systems close to Atlas. Was this business as usual for Thargoids or a built up? It seems a terribly naive question for this strand. Noob.

The Thargoid Station attacks has been turned off for a while, the masses of NHSSs in certain areas is nothing new afaik.

Glad they are back now though.
(Mutters about pad blocking on Rescue ships).

Quite low - many central systems will have 100+ - probably including Atlas as it was attacked this week. The numbers drop off as you get away from Merope (which is the centre), and disappear < 200 Ly out. Witch Head is a smaller sphere, but same idea, central systems have most signals.

It seems a terribly naive question for this strand. Noob.
And I wouldn't worry about asking questions - this isn't clear at all in-game. As long as you don't come in screaming we'll try to be gentle :)

Check the 2nd post in Galnet (in-game) for details of where the Thargoids are (and what they have attacked) - though it hasn't changed for months before this week. Worth visiting one of the attacked stations if you get the chance, they are quite atmospheric, though they get a bit warm :D

My next naive question is has anyone ever tried to feed a barnacle?
Not sure how you would do that. Though in general people have tried every combination of 'Have you put X in Y' you can think of - but try your own experiments, you might find something new. Gifting your Meta-Alloys to Thargoids in space works, in fact if they catch you with Meta Alloys and you don't offer then they get annoyed ;)

Top Bottom