Thargoid Challenge Level

I truly wonder where Frontier are going to go with the Thragoids difficulty wise.

Will they be so difficult that only god rolled PVP wings can take them on? If that is the case then fair proportion of the player base will be locked out of the new content which I cant see happening.

However if Thargoids are balanced so solo players can take them on then group/open players will be pretty upset.

I believe Frontier has put then selves in a corner with this as either way salt will be mined a plenty. Too hard and they run the risk of another largely ignored feature too easy and the same applies.....

It's not like they can't introduce different kinds of them :) Baby Thargoids bashing for new-bros in Sidewinders! :)

Surface mission: attack the hatching facility

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Hm, won't find it anymore, but a Statement (several weeks ago?) basically went like this :

Brace yourself, they're very difficult. Probably too difficult, but we'll have to see.

Add to that, that MoM(tm) is happy :D

Sounds like...
zOWspvR.png

PS.
Remember where we went at the original Transition from V2.0 to V2.1...
ELITE-NPCs_20.jpg

ELITE-NPCs_21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't these the drones/fighters? Would they use hatchlings like weapons?! Maybe the Thargoid ships aren't ships but bio-engineered symbiotic battle armors housing just one of them? Eitherway I woul like to see some surface zerg infestation like content. So many ideas for great mission themes! :) Evacuate the colonists! Drop off Federation space marines and keep the sky clean until extraction! :)

To be honest, I can see much more cool ideas for new surface content than for space alien content. Would give you a good reason to actually go down there.

Last edited:
Truth be told our regulars are pretty darn good in the PvP relm. Won't boast and say we are the best but safe to say we are a very large handful of bad news

I hope the Goids scale to our rank and ships.

I hope they will turn every body butthole inside out! total destruction, humankind need to retreat to a safe place until new weapons and equipment is made. You leave the reservation and you're toast.

Last edited:
As it stands with the available technology, we can only scan them or throw some missiles at them. After that, we get disabled by the pulse and dealt with.

Thargoids will apply unfair and imbalanced tactics against us until we develop the technology to counter those.

I hope they will turn every body butthole inside out! total destruction, humankind need to retreat to a safe place until new weapons and equipment is made. You leave the reservation and you're toast.

I'm ok with that train of thought
The only thing scary right now is heat cannons.
Man do those suck

Oh, yeah... :D I can say I'm happy. :)

Ok, now THAT is scary!!!! :eek:

I will be disappointed if one can solo them. Maybe it should be possible for the most skilled pilots, but it really should not be possible for anybody other than the 1%.

Ideally I'd love to see different levels of challenge from the Thargoids. Scout ships could be soloed by good pilots in relatively weak ships, bug frigates or medium ships would be very difficult to solo, bug battleships might be devastating and require wings, and Thargoid Motherships would require multiple wings of heavily engineered ships to even attempt to take down. Something like that would be great, offering avenues for all to take part in Thargoid combat at varying levels of challenge.

Last edited:
Map showing locations of ships sunk during World War II.

I suspect core space will look similar by the end of week one.

both_world_sat.jpg

I think they'll be hard initially until we get the right toys to deal with them. Can't imagine Frontier would go as far as making them unbeatable in Solo.

Lets hope its worthy of the late and great Bill Paxton

[video=youtube;nnHmUk_J6xQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHmUk_J6xQ[/video]

Deleted member 110222

D
I think they'll be hard initially until we get the right toys to deal with them. Can't imagine Frontier would go as far as making them unbeatable in Solo.

I don't care for so much as being able to "beat" them, so long as there's a way to run.

Top Bottom