Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Guess I just did a crappy job of looking for it then :p I've finally gotten back to the Bubble, so I'm going to install your plugin and hopefully send record of my first thargoid encounter pretty soon...

When you create the form there is an option under "more" to create a pre filled url.

If you look in my plugin code you can see how I have constructed mine.

I'll get you more info when I have more time

I can get my code to look up the system on EDSM and get the coordinates, I have experience of doing that on other plugins.

Cool :), I don't know what EDMC is exactly [edit] (do now, seems cool, but not sure I want to run yet another program alongside ED) & I've been using EDSM since January.

Last edited:
Hey! Been busy those days.

LCU No Fool Like One: Amazing! I love the fact of being able to auto update in an spreadsheet the data we collect. I could easily get it together in my own spreadsheet in order to have all the alien interactions together.

Unfortunately the latest update has rendered new EDMC installs inoperable. Hopefukky fdev will fix cApi soon

Just tested it right now. The last 3 entries are mine using your app :).

Excellent!

HIP 17694?

If you like this plugin you might also like this one which shows you the location of the nearest surface site. I think the approach could have lots of useful applications for canonn.

https://github.com/NoFoolLikeOne/EDMC-Alien-Tour

That's most excellent! I'll test it and pass it to Canonn Research.

Mapper update

I updated the ThargoidMapper, just some minor changes:

- the spreadsheet data will now update automatically on each start directly from Volgrands Google sheets. No more manual exporting needed.
- if a system can not be found in the database, it will get it from EDSM. If that still fails, it will search in the externalSystems.tsv
- failed resource import on some systems fixed.. hopefully..

Same downloadlink: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubas1lvwf5smf5n/ED_ThargoidMapper.zip?dl=0

By looking at the results, it is clear that the Thargoid invasion is massive [alien]

I updated the ThargoidMapper, just some minor changes:

- the spreadsheet data will now update automatically on each start directly from Volgrands Google sheets. No more manual exporting needed.
- if a system can not be found in the database, it will get it from EDSM. If that still fails, it will search in the externalSystems.tsv
- failed resource import on some systems fixed.. hopefully..

Same downloadlink: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubas1lvwf5smf5n/ED_ThargoidMapper.zip?dl=0

By looking at the results, it is clear that the Thargoid invasion is massive [alien]

Problem I see is that the reports gather mostly around transit zones. We should try to organise expeditions to check where exactly in the Pleiades the alien activity gathers.

This makes me think that maybe we should try to add more time related data. For instance, eliminate from the 3d viewer entries older than a certain number of hours. That wayvwe could see if the aliens lose interest in certain systems.

Anyway I think I'm asking you too much, you already did a great job piranha!

Just had my second Thargoid encounter I recorded, looks like it had destroyed a Corvette I think it was....the bit I thought was cool was when I recorded it retrieving an Occupied Escape Pod.....what do they want with us??!? :eek:

Shame I couldn't scan the Thargoid Wake. Encounter was in the Wolf 1293 system.

Problem I see is that the reports gather mostly around transit zones. We should try to organise expeditions to check where exactly in the Pleiades the alien activity gathers.

This makes me think that maybe we should try to add more time related data. For instance, eliminate from the 3d viewer entries older than a certain number of hours. That wayvwe could see if the aliens lose interest in certain systems.

Anyway I think I'm asking you too much, you already did a great job piranha!

That is actually already possible. If you look at the start of the timeline, there is a little blue handle which you can move around. The data is only displayed for the time between that blue handle and the big yellow one.

But I agree, currently the data is not very revealing..

Tonight, i will check out the borders of the Merope shell, see if Thargoid activities are the same in and outside of the shell.

Are they all within the Merope shell?

Do we need to set up a patrol between merope and the test of the bubble?

I could integrate sonething into my EDMC plugin to monitor distance from Merope to show commanders where they are relative to Merope so they can patrol between 135 and 200ly outside the shell

I could integrate sonething into my EDMC plugin to monitor distance from Merope to show commanders where they are relative to Merope so they can patrol between 135 and 200ly outside the shell

Actually that is a brilliant idea.

I was actually thinking on trying to gather more commanders to organize a patrol expedition around the Merope Shell. I was thinking something of the likes of the Colonia Militia, that grant "military honors" to the pilots that patrol areas from the bubble to protect traders and migrants.

EDIT: There are a few reports outside the Merope bubble, I believe 3 or 4.

I added the shell in my viewer so you can see that currently about 99% of them are inside the shell. But that does not have to mean something since there are not enough reports from the border yet.

Is the "Merope Shell" equivalent to the charted Thargoid Structure area in the "Canonn - Thargoid bases and UL destinations Map"? (https://map.canonn.technology/ts/)

If so, I have jumped with the Gnosis and am now exploring on the rim of this "shell".

I travelled between two Thargoid Structures from HIP 18778 (Gonsis) to MEL 22 SECTOR MC-V D2-19.

There have been frequent NHSS 5 spawns in the rim-systems with the Thargoid Structures but there were no NHSS spawns further outside. I'll keep scanning this area and uploading.

Is the "Merope Shell" equivalent to the charted Thargoid Structure area in the "Canonn - Thargoid bases and UL destinations Map"? (https://map.canonn.technology/ts/)

If so, I have jumped with the Gnosis and am now exploring on the rim of this "shell".

I travelled between two Thargoid Structures from HIP 18778 (Gonsis) to MEL 22 SECTOR MC-V D2-19.

There have been frequent NHSS 5 spawns in the rim-systems with the Thargoid Structures but there were no NHSS spawns further outside. I'll keep scanning this area and uploading.

The "shell" is the original area where the Unknown Artifacts (now Thargoid Sensors) spawned, and is about 135 to 150LY around Merope.
Anyway, while you do your bits with the alien bases, please report any Non human USS or other alien activities you may find via those forms. The more data we gather, the more reliable conclusions we can do!

I'm still checking systems for NHSSs, so far from about 100-155 LYs from Merope, whilst I could report manually I eagerly await the plugin for EDSM, to save me time ;).

Failing that I'll grab EDCM, but can that scan my log to gather data from past NHSS events?

Top Bottom