Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Hey, good to see you LCU :), spotted you briefly in ED the other day, but afraid I was busy battling the goids at the time.

Most probably no big news. NHSS found 113.37 ly from Merope in SYNUEFE UZ-M D8-25. Whole range from 4 to 7, lot's of.
NHSSs are found in systems up to 175 LYs from Merope, although they are very sparse at the outer fringes. I'm not counting the bubble systems that are infested or under incursion, they are further still.

The audio from my previous post had a period of ~25.345 second, contained a repeating sequence of 12 pulse/beeps.The pattern appears to be 1 23320 23320 1 (The numbers were applied in no particular order to the different pulses)

The spectrum seems to be centered on 650 exactly with upper and lower bounds of 850 and 450 exactly. (650+/- 200) It is exactly symmetric about 650. Not much in the spectrum beyond 1.5k Hz.

Does not look to be much in the audio itself (with only 12 pulses not much room for any info or complexity), but does seem to possibly signify that symmetric is important?

Hey, good to see you LCU :), spotted you briefly in ED the other day, but afraid I was busy battling the goids at the time.

NHSSs are found in systems up to 175 LYs from Merope, although they are very sparse at the outer fringes. I'm not counting the bubble systems that are infested or under incursion, they are further still.
I am currently participating in the Apollo 11 expedition and on my way from Mira to our next waypoint I came across a lvl 9 nhss in Aries Dark Region IR-W d1-39, which is 151.99ly from Merope. Thought its worth mentioning it here.

Just got hyperdicted on the way to the Witch head nebula ~600 ly from Maia. Witch Head Sector DR-M B7-0. It was not an incursion system, but a seemingly random unpopulated system.

Just got hyperdicted on the way to the Witch head nebula ~600 ly from Maia. Witch Head Sector DR-M B7-0. It was not an incursion system, but a seemingly random unpopulated system.

Not quite so unpopulated as you thought, eh?

It's been a really, really long time since I was last hyperdicted... and I was in a Dolphin.
Little thing is so fast that by the time I actually was pulled out of hyperspace, I was already out of range of the artichoke that tried to stop me - couldn't even be EMP'd and scanned. Kind of funny actually. I was somewhere between the there and the bubble at the time, also not anywhere in particular. No NHSS anywhere to be found either, so it did come as a bit of a surprise to both me and the artichoke.

Crimson
Sounds like you bumped into the new Witch head Thargoid bubble.

I found the following in another thread, but will certainly be of interest here :) :-

I made an analysis of Thargoid presence in Witch Head. It's easy to see that this area shows analogies with the Pleiades, as NHSS appear in systems that are not under an active incursion nor, to the best of our knowledge, under a pending incursion state. I consequently assumed it follows the same rules of the Pleiades "bubble", i.e., a spherical area centered around a system within the nebula. I first tried the easy way, i.e., locating a Thargoid Sensor in a NHSS within the Witch Head in the hope that it pointed to the center of the area, but they still point to Merope (whether this is deliberate, or fdev didn't bother to update them is open for discussion).
So, I reverted to the "manual" approach and surveyed a number of systems moving from the nebula towards the "outside" until I found systems that were not spawning NHSS. In most directions, this coincides with the border of col70 (or a few LYs from it). Once I got enough systems, I calculated an approximate center and looked for nearby systems. This led to identifying that the Witch Head Thargoid Bubble is centered on:

Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 and has a radius of 75Ly

The system's extremely dull (no landables, mostly ice balls) but shows a massive Thargoid presence (>100 signals).

Here's a list of the systems I surveyed manually, along with their distance from Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 and the presence of NHSS:
Code:
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector LI-S b4-0: 65.32Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector DQ-Y c2: 59.05Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector JN-S b4-0: 71.58Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector HR-W d1-6: 73.23Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector AQ-P b5-0: 62.62Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector FB-X c1-11: 57.48Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector RU-O b6-0: 97.41Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector GG-Y c1: 65.63Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector MI-S b4-0: 47.16Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector CB-W b2-0: 76.80Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector JC-V c2-2: 71.86Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector VO-Q b5-0: 93.77Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector KN-K b8-0: 89.15Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector OT-Q b5-0: 71.98Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> HIP 23370: 62.63Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector RD-S b4-0: 56.43Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector ZK-O b6-0: 51.46Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector VU-O b6-0: 61.70Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector EG-Y d5: 75.87Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector HW-W b1-0: 67.13Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector VJ-Q b5-0: 67.91Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector BL-X b1-0: 71.25Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector LC-V c2-7: 44.05Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector IH-V c2-5: 54.03Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector AA-Z b0: 72.25Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector GC-L b8-0: 100.39Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector IH-V c2-3: 64.44Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector MN-S b4-0: 68.20Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector AF-Z b0: 82.09Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector CL-Y d12: 76.82Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector GW-V b2-0: 60.35Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector ZE-A d12: 78.72Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector VU-P b5-0: 76.59Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector TU-O b6-0: 69.81Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector CW-M b7-0: 77.13Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector QI-S b4-0: 75.23Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector QD-T b3-0: 65.95Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector IX-K b8-0: 85.36Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector KI-S b4-0: 72.11Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector GW-W c1-6: 35.35Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector RI-T b3-0: 30.73Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector WT-A b0: 86.82Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector WZ-P b5-0: 38.23Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector GW-W c1-1: 21.30Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector YE-A d9: 87.26Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector CL-Y d13: 71.39Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector EB-X c1-8: 49.76Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector KS-K b8-0: 95.11Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector EB-X c1-0: 66.98Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector LH-V b2-0: 41.95Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector UD-T b3-0: 61.68Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector PI-S b4-0: 60.87Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector PI-T c3-0: 110.28Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector EM-M b7-0: 64.14Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector YE-A d12: 56.73Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector DL-Y d12: 59.97Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector JM-W d1-6: 71.69Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector XP-O b6-0: 64.62Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector WU-O b6-0: 73.84Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector CL-Y d7: 72.26Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector GH-M b7-0: 74.37Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector HH-U b3-0: 78.29Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector FB-X c1-1: 76.80Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector FB-X c1-2: 72.95Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector FB-X c1-3: 60.68Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector FG-Y d15: 66.31Ly: Yes
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector FG-Y d14: 76.33Ly: No
Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9 -> Witch Head Sector CG-X b1-0: 80.96Ly: No
This result has been further confirmed by data collected through Canonn's EDMC Plugin (thanks to @LCU No Fool Like One for the late night data extraction):
List of systems with NHSS in a 400Ly range from Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-9
unknown.png

TODO:
Since the freefloater TS found in a NHSS T5 in Witch Head pointed to Merope, I'd be curious of seeing if a TP would behave the same (i.e., still point to merope 5c and use that as a reference system). My guess is yes, as it would be a rather massive pain in the to upgrade and probably not worth it - but if anyone has a spare one and wants to test it I'd be happy to know the result :)
20190726212704_1.jpg

Maybe we should start a new hunt for Thargoid Structures in this new bubble?

Maybe we should start a new hunt for Thargoid Structures in this new bubble?
I believe, but of course it could be wrong, that the Structures found in the Pleiades are a leftover of our previous war with the Thargoids. I don't think the war at the times arrived in Witch Head so, if anything, we should find fully functioning structures (i.e., possibly hive ships?) which makes me extremely doubtful :) Maybe in the next II post september update, or post december when we get fleet carriers.

NOTE: I know, we found a damaged structure in Outotz during Conegate but that looked like a bit of a stretch anyway :)

Interesting theory, you could be right, I guess we'll only find out if we look at Ammonia containing worlds, GGs with ABL & Ammonia worlds being the best candidates.
I wonder if LCU could draw up a list? :)

Found a crashed t-9 with a UA/Sensor down in Empire space that seems to always spawn. This is in the same system a Tip off mission had sent me. The crash site is visible in SC after DSS the planet. (Could not find a reference to this source of UA so figured might as well post it.)

Just checked my ipad notes but they’re out of date. All I have on UP is
“Unknown Probes can be found near Ammonia Worlds within 150 ly of Merope as well as in Unknown Probe convoys anywhere in the bubble”.
Edit: I did have a list of about a dozen places that were good for UP, but that is also probably out of date. Think it might still be on my gaming PC.

Last edited:
Just checked my ipad notes but they’re out of date. All I have on UP is
“Unknown Probes can be found near Ammonia Worlds within 150 ly of Merope as well as in Unknown Probe convoys anywhere in the bubble”.
Edit: I did have a list of about a dozen places that were good for UP, but that is also probably out of date. Think it might still be on my gaming PC.
Any Interceptor-only NHSS spawn (Threat 5-8) can spawn a probe or a sensor.

Top Bottom