Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

I have been messing around with thargoid structure/link signals recently. The 2 so far that have not been pointing at other thargoid structures were Delphi and HIP 20785 which pointed at a mega ship in Gree, Landsteiner orbital in Bok (delphi), Otherni, and hip 19792 (hip 20785).

These pairs were both at some time eagle eye 5 targets. (each TS pair together, and each pair on different (seemingly random) weeks.) Have not checked enough systems to know if the other TS (not pointing to other TS) point only to EE5 targets, or just EE targets in general.

The other TS/link messages seem to be still pointing to other TS.
(i've checked Pleiades sectors, ix-s b4-1, dg-x c51-14, and a few others)

If canon do have not yet resurveyed the TS/link destinations it might be worthwhile to do so. (they do not appear to be changing week to week anymore.)

The wikis seem to suggest that the second reference is always hip 14909, but it is the point of origin instead. (this appears to have been mentioned before in various threads, but a reminded to anyone wanting to decode the signals seemed reasonable.)

A error of less than 0.3 ly is typical for the 3 ranges, and allowing for a criterion of +/-0.5 ly seems to work well. The absolute positions can be off upwards of 5 ly when the ref ranges for ref 1 and ref 2 are large, or ref 1 and ref 2 are too close together.

Building look up tables using a subset of edsm data is probably the sanest way to find target systems. (only ref 2 needs to be regenerated each time.)

Writing the triangulation code was kinda fun as an exercise. If you understand high school math like sin, cos, unit circle, law of cosines, dot products, vector products, equation of a plane, perpendicular distance to plane/axis, intersection of planes defines an axis, etc you should be good to go. Iterative solving is not needed, and a solution can easily be found directly.

Oh I think you're in completely safe company to be assuming that's the case. Just a matter of when they'll either recover, or disappear.
Well, I think the codex entry said something about mycoid eating away at the hull of their ships. And those little scavengers are busy eating something from and repairing the walls. But their progress is slow; I suspect they’ll complete their task just about in time for those spider/crab-like thargoids leaked from next year’s update to appear on the scene.

Edit: they’ll probably be hatching out of those eggs stuck to the ceiling 👽☠️👽

Last edited:
On my way from The Cete to HIP 19284 to investigate thargoid-attacked base 94. Got to the final system without seeing any goids on the way, but its got plenty, so current edge of their territory.

Edit: visiting all the goid attack sites etc around the Pleiades. There are certainly a lot of goids around, at my second system they were spawning faster than I could scan them. It was an interesting experience to visit the penal colony while a goid attacked!

Last edited:
I remember seeing goids and the attacked ship in Deciat several weeks (months?) ago, thought they’d vacated the area.
Was it a goid Scout or bigger that you encountered?
Are there goid hunting missions in nearby bases?

Last edited:
I remember seeing goids and the attacked ship in Deciat several weeks (months?) ago, thought they’d vacated the area.
Was it a goid Scout or bigger that you encountered?
Are there goid hunting missions in nearby bases?
FDev forgot to remove them from previously attacked systems, Deciat is one of them. And that's a Medusa in the video.

I’ve been bug hunting at Celaeno for a while. Now I’ve finished & I’m just doing a few system visits before heading back to the bubble. Yesterday afternoon had just started to jump when had an hyperdiction. What I don’t remember from when this previously happened to me was the very loud goid roar while I was in the twisting hyperspace conduit. On drop out I immediately hit FA Off and boost. There were two goids waiting for me but left them behind so don’t know what type they were. But that roar was very noticeable. Have I now got a bad rep with goids? Am I on their Most Wanted list? 😉

Worth mentioning at the barnacle thread too, if you haven't already :).

Re hyperdictions, I'm still getting them regularly, I don't recall the roar, sounds like you're in trouble! ;)

So, I was googling about Orthrus mythology, because 🤷‍♀️... then I came across a video that referenced the following image, from this (former) concept artist... I know most of the stuff has been linked before, but there's some other art there too. No art in the spoiler...

I'd normally not link this sort of thing, but I'm so parched for anything new regarding Thargoids that I just found this particularly interesting (and news to me), so figured I'd link it since I hadn't seen it thrown around here before.

Don't click the links if you don't want possible meta-spoilers.

This image specifically.

Whole page source.

Specifically, the titles used on the imagery. Maybe initial thoughts about speedyboi are wrong...

Which reminds me, do inties still swing by to munch on barnies?

So, I was googling about Orthrus mythology, because 🤷‍♀️... then I came across a video that referenced the following image, from this (former) concept artist... I know most of the stuff has been linked before, but there's some other art there too. No art in the spoiler...

I'd normally not link this sort of thing, but I'm so parched for anything new regarding Thargoids that I just found this particularly interesting (and news to me), so figured I'd link it since I hadn't seen it thrown around here before.

Don't click the links if you don't want possible meta-spoilers.

This image specifically.

Whole page source.

Specifically, the titles used on the imagery. Maybe initial thoughts about speedyboi are wrong...

Which reminds me, do inties still swing by to munch on barnies?

Nice find. I especially liked
The mounted riot police camel with detachable multicannon! 😉

Wonder how you go about fitting earplugs to a camel? the noise would be rather upsetting to the poor creature, and its reaction would adversely affect aiming precision 🤠

Last edited:
Top Bottom