Thargoid fighting/hunting

Hello commanders, recently I have been wanting to go Xeno hunting for some time. Problem is I don't know very much about it except I need AX weapons and a strong ship like Conda, Corvette etc. I will be doing this solo and would like some tips. So if any of you have any it would be much appreciated. My balance right now is 15 mil and my main ship right now is a DBX.

Thanks. :)

Hello commanders, recently I have been wanting to go Xeno hunting for some time. Problem is I don't know very much about it except I need AX weapons and a strong ship like Conda, Corvette etc. I will be doing this solo and would like some tips. So if any of you have any it would be much appreciated. My balance right now is 15 mil and my main ship right now is a DBX.

Thanks. :)

Hi if youre still interested in xeno hunting we have a few players our there at this current time learning the dos and donts of xeno hunting. we are planning on having a seven ship strong wing out there and if you are willing to join us we are part of the player group RegionalStar who focuses on combat. feel free to join our discord here,

https://discord.gg/aM7Cjnq

Thank you

My advice is to join that Wing. I can solo Cyclops - the weakest Thargoid - in a 500 million credit Anaconda. Not a DBX.

For a fun and easier time, don't go alone!!!

Seriously think of all the alienesque movies you've ever seen, once you're alone, you're brown bread!!!

If you insist on going solo, good luck with that, may your training re-buys be few o7

Doable solo in a sidewinder. Just ram it to death.

Definitely not propagating info that would help the aliens here folks.

hi would you mind coming along for a fight to show us the most efficient way ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EYB2maPNg

This is pretty much the right way. It teaches you the way the Thargoid moves and reacts to your attacks and distance - it is almost always the same.
He doesn't use fighters as they make the Swarm very hard to hit and the Cyclops fly unpredictably.
Without fighters the Swarm flies straight at you and is easy to shoot down with Remote Flak.
Ships will need as much Hull Armor and Hull modules as possible. I use a Prismatic shield and Heavy duty boosters.

Last edited:
I was part of the first light wing that took down a Cyclops (at least, the first reported one xD). We did so with 3 Cobras MKIII and 1 DBx. We focused on speed, maneuvers and coordination to make sure noone received too much damage on the combat. Most thrilling experience in my career in Elite: Dangerous!

Top Bottom