Thargoid Hunting

About shields... AFAIK Thargoids do absolute damage, so build for max megajoules rather than resistances. In the same way, heavy duty rather than resistance shield boosters. But as said, they can penetrate shields.

Quick technical question on Thargoid Scouts. If you equip x4 AX multi-cannons and one normal multi-cannon with corrosive shell. Will the scout take more damage from the AX multi-cannons?
Yes. Make those turreted AX multis. Set them to "selected target" not "fire at will", or they won't fire. Always take out Regenerators first.

It's not really possible to build a ship good for both scouts and interceptors, which is one reason it's good to be in a wing.

I'm not an expert on AX combat but I started with the challenger because on coriolis it says it can get up to 500 but honestly most of the time its difficult to actually achieve that speed and frankly feels sluggish compared to the chieftain. I love the chieftain and that's why I choose the challenger but its lacking. I can solo a cyclops fairly competently in it though. I'm working on two new AX ships atm. A krait for interceptors and retrofitting a T10 for scout hunting.

Yes. Make those turreted AX multis. Set them to "selected target" not "fire at will", or they won't fire. Always take out Regenerators first.

It's not really possible to build a ship good for both scouts and interceptors, which is one reason it's good to be in a wing.

I dunno, I fight scouts just fine in the Krait I use to kill cyclop's.

Then again, the AXI would balk at my build - it's fitted for fun, not optimisation.

Havning trouble finding AX MCs. I only see 4 FC's with them on Inara and even then I am questioning if they have them. Do I unlock them like guardian modules? Am I missing something?

Thanks. That's what I was kind of looking for. I expect to get my handed to me somewhat. I understand too that the ship build depends on whether hunting scouts or the other ones (can't think of the name). I now have 6 weapon blueprint fragments and heading back to pick up module ones. I was really in this for the FSD booster but I figured I wanted to do this down the road so might as well while I'm here get what I need for an anti xeno build.

Thanks, gonna check that out now.
You'll also want practice to get the skills down that work for you. Don't be too proud to leave if things are looking bad for you. No need to punish yourself with huge rebuys because of pride. The computer don't care.

I think they are only sold on ground site bases. Not sure.
That might be so but it didn't show up on Inara. Groundbases are no biggie to land on. So I didn't filter out Ground bases. I didn't filter anything on Inara, it simply said only 4 FC's are selling them. I hope that it's wrong..

Top Bottom