Thargoid Interactions

This site is sure to have Thargoid ship contact often since the site is very much active

I don't believe a Thargoid ship has ever been seen to visit even an active Thargoid structure, unless I've missed something? But feel free to stake it out :).
Btw, is this a new site? [edit] nope, it's TS 9, 1 of the very earliest ones found.

Last edited:
This site is sure to have Thargoid ship contact often since the site is very much active

I don't believe a Thargoid ship has ever been seen to visit even an active Thargoid structure, unless I've missed something? But feel free to stake it out :).
Btw, is this a new site? [edit] nope, it's TS 9, 1 of the very earliest ones found.

I'm sure Malic_VR has had them visit him as he exits an active thargoid site, normally after the light show and while he is carrying one or both the TS ot TP.

Oh yeah it happend a few times to myself...

Hello Guys,

during last week I was defending Lalande 4141 and in between the fighting I wondered how those Interceptors would react to communication attempts in the Systems they are attacking at the moment. So I got some Meta-Alloys and started to feed them some of it. I never did this before anywhere else, therefore I had to compare their behaviour to other CMDRs attempts.
The noticeable difference to all the videos I saw so far was that the interceptors went "numb" whenever they scanned me when I had MAs in my cargohold. They did not follow me or "beg" or "warned" me after detecting the MAs.

I am new to this so I just documented it as well as I could here:
[video=youtube;3QWJCIeJeuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWJCIeJeuc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Not sure if this is important or maybe just a bug.

Last edited:
and noticed this.

https://imgur.com/FI3ktdx

Is it a badge? A map? Have we seen it before?

On a Thargoid? It is known. IMHO it could be some kind of Uterus.

(because there is a very very far visual connection with something that produces something outside of the game,so you can disregard this whole sentence as irrelevant)

IIRC Ive seen it somewhere else also, possibly inside the Thargoid structure, in a room with Thargoid link, cannot be sure.

Last edited:
On a Thargoid? It is known. IMHO it could be some kind of Uterus.

(because there is a very very far visual connection with something that produces something outside of the game,so you can disregard this whole sentence as irrelevant)

IIRC Ive seen it somewhere else also, possibly inside the Thargoid structure, in a room with Thargoid link, cannot be sure.

It's a thruster. When you destroy petals on a goid ship or a goid it's self, it will drop those. When you target them it calls them a Thruster.

What’s going on canon research. No updates since the last patch?

few observations from a causal cmdr here which should be of interest.

Thorgiod Device activation scan gives two messages since update. Think these need to be put through the sound tool u guys have I really don’t have the time to mess with external tools.

Messages played to cyclops while scan in progress results in ship turning in a direction, gives a message, then becomes hostile. I was carrying loads of their stuff though so that may account for it. But needs further investigation.

I havent seen anything thing about taking the link to another TStructure and activating it. I would assume one of u guys have tried this already. If not will post results here but need someone who know how translate. I’m going to try this at as many sites as I can with the same link to see what happens.

Another therory to add to the list is loading the SRV with different combos of thorgiod cargo and scanning the device.

Probe
- resin
- tech
- bio
- meta alloy
link activated
link activated from another site
link activated from multiple sites
link
sensor

then it’s gathering as much wake scans, hearts etc... I have a feeling there’s some engineering/crafting to be done at these sites.

hope this moves the research forward. I’m happy to meet up with anyone in the Pleiades look me up to get as many activated links as our ships can hold. May try feeding a cyclops with them

i feel theres loads loads more to discover in the structures and it needs canon coordination

Cmdr Valleys over and out o7

One more thought, flowers and pollenation seem a to fit with the Thargiod sites with the meta alloys.

Just a though and initial theroy for further investigation.

Thargoid in Decait

anyone checked out the lowell class science ship in decait? i was running around scanning wakes in my type 6 while i waited for my fas and chieftain to arrive decided to hop over to it to see what it was. thargoid was scanning it came over scanned me the made a b line out of there..... btw the ship is toast

Have the Cyclops changed behaviour since 3.1 released?

In 2.4 and 3.0, it was a case of knock out the first two hearts and deal with it's shield, knock out the third heart and use the shutdown countermeasure, then knock out the final heart and then destroy the ship.

On Monday, Myself and my wingman tussled with a Cyclops for the first time since 3.1 and for the first two hearts it followed the same pattern but then things seemed to change.

It's Shield kept on re-spawning as we attached the third heart. The shutdown pulse happened as expected after the third heart but as before it kept on raising it's shield a lot more than it used to.

We took out the last heart and it fired off yet another shutdown pulse, which was almost fatal for me, but then we managed to get the bug before the Caustic Damaged finished me off (Thank goodness for Decom Limpets).

This happened to anyone else?

Have the Cyclops changed behaviour since 3.1 released?

In 2.4 and 3.0, it was a case of knock out the first two hearts and deal with it's shield, knock out the third heart and use the shutdown countermeasure, then knock out the final heart and then destroy the ship.

On Monday, Myself and my wingman tussled with a Cyclops for the first time since 3.1 and for the first two hearts it followed the same pattern but then things seemed to change.

It's Shield kept on re-spawning as we attached the third heart. The shutdown pulse happened as expected after the third heart but as before it kept on raising it's shield a lot more than it used to.

We took out the last heart and it fired off yet another shutdown pulse, which was almost fatal for me, but then we managed to get the bug before the Caustic Damaged finished me off (Thank goodness for Decom Limpets).

This happened to anyone else?

That info seems wrong. I've always observed the shield after every heart destruction.

Also, wings/SLFs are known to disrupt the thargoid behavior patterns... its probably a by-product of that.

Top Bottom