Thargoid Interactions

We not reveal our secret, but this video we made will change things in the game.
The first xeno ally wing in action. You can see how we communicate with alien, and let the medusa fight with us again another commanders ;) in open at CG

Huh? Sorry I don't understand the english there, can someone translate that better?

We not fly in silent running as you can see in the video, nobody fly in silent. Thargoid always attacks the closest human player in distance. Just need a fast ship. Before that you need to find Non-Human signal source close to the station, or HASRES and bring the thargoid with you there, if you are lucky you can do this in 5 - 10 minute. Thats not a big secret. Ship basic speed need to be higher then 450 m/s. Not any special secret ;)

We not fly in silent running as you can see in the video, nobody fly in silent. Thargoid always attacks the closest human player in distance. Just need a fast ship. Before that you need to find Non-Human signal source close to the station, or HASRES and bring the thargoid with you there, if you are lucky you can do this in 5 - 10 minute. Thats not a big secret. Ship basic speed need to be higher then 450 m/s. Not any special secret ;)

Reverse psychology worked, we now know the secret! :p

Nice finding, immersive gameplay. Thanks! Rep!

I m trying to kill thargons but not much success, i read that only remote flak launcher or ramming works,
have tried guardian weapons, flax launcher and ax missiles, but only killed 5 so far (perhaps by ramming), I dont quite know how to time the flak launcher.
any tips?
I am in an fdl and the thargoids knock my prismatic 5 shields out fairly quickly hen i have to get out of there
Have decontamination limpets

Random Thargoid interaction:

yMeWvB9.jpg

I play on below specs laptop, and some scenes took longer to produce.
I have more strange pictures, they do not look like a graphical glitch (some have finer details). For now, cannot be 100% sure if there is something inside the wake or the scenes are reusing some game assets.

Edit: more strange pics
btBpj0Y.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Cmdrs,
German Cmdr "Nenn_mich_Shadow" has made an interesting discovery.

He delivered several escape pods (all criminals aboard;) ) to a Medusa and while it was busy "inhaling" those he investigated the centre part of the Medusa and took some photographs. You can find them here.. He recognized two Scout ships inside the "cockpit" - please have a look. Is this known to you? What do you think about it?

Those inside are round, scouts are octagonal. Although theory from your forum about growing stage inside is interesting.

Last edited:
Those inside are round, scouts are octagonal. Although theory from your forum about growing stage inside is interesting.

Thank you for your reply. Please have a closer look and take a bit time. They are not round, they are octogonal. Scout-like.

Thank you for your reply. Please have a closer look and take a bit time. They are not round, they are octogonal. Scout-like.

You are right, they are octogonal but edges are different from scouts. Image from CMDR MAD_DOG_MacD:

MGQyh0M.png

I wonder if that one on the back of Interceptor fits perfectly on the top of Thargoid structure.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...8193-48-8662?p=5968047&viewfull=1#post5968047

Talking about scouts, what do You think about this? First pic crashed scout, second inside thargoid structure (check the dot on the edge of the "eye":

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/380188-DISCOVERY-new-Unknown-Ship-(crashed)-Hip-17125-A-3-A-65-8193-48-8662?p=5968476&viewfull=1#post5968476

Last edited:
I think the beta Codex can safely be considered Lore.

From what I get, the ships are piloted and not autonomous (it's unclear whether the ships generate their sounds themselves or just amplify the pilots' ones), so those pilots must be somewhere. The Codex furthermore contains extensive details on Thargoids retrieved from INRA sources, interesting read I think.

O7,
[noob]

deleted - need to git gud...

Thargon swarm regenerating is freakening me out...
Also Cyclops keeps getting enraged after as short as 3 or 4 minutes and spawning additional swarms...

Something must be wrong.

EDIT: got my first Cyclops down now, but I achieved this by focusing on the Cyclops itself and just evading the swarm. Swarm regeneration and respawn makes it quite pointless to fight it when soloing. This contradicts the Canonn guide, but imho Canonn is wrong there. There is no gain when killing the swarm. Cyclops will always respawn a fresh swarm in no time.

Last edited:
I have been hyperdicted twice tonight in a grand total of 3 jumps close to maia.
Both times i managed to field neutralise and then leg it successfully, the second time i had a heart aboard. No idea what type of interceptor either time but both was only one interceptor.
Anyone else getting increased thargoid roadrage?

Last edited:
Do they often travel in packs though?
Got interdicted earlier while jumping from Pleiades Sector MX-U D2-54 to HIP17511.
Wasn't that worried at the time.
emp goes off (visible shockwave, assuming that's normal)
Basilisk appears in front of me.
WITH THREE CYCLOPS
Having never seen more than one Interceptor at a time before (until today), was curious as to whether that's a normal thing or it's new.

Top Bottom