Thargoid Interactions

In my honest opinion AXCZ have more AX NPC’s now. And also often only one interceptor spawns after the 100k scout bonus. I believe it is now easier solo.

First time ever tonight i got the hydra message, and even pointlessly kicked it a few times before i ran away.
Anyone else notice anything? I am on PS for the record.

o7

Yes. Soontill relics have been tried with no response from the thargs. (Not since the april update as far as i know.)

Note: Soontill relics do not seem to be a match for known tharg materials, but fit the description of guardian ruins material.

The position of soontil also suggests guardian origin.

Has anyone ever tried holding more Thargoid hearts than the Interceptor that initially scans you? I still sometimes take round one heart to make the Cyclops freak out when it scans.
So it it was a cyclops, try carrying 5 hearts for instance, 6 for Basilisk and so on...
I haven’t been on much recently but when i get back at it i might try it.

o7

Mmm. Just on and a cyclops tissue sample i forgot i had aboard also made the scanning cyclops spin out.
I had never tissue sampled one before (calm down RESPLI), will try heart/tissue sample next see what that does, if anything.

o7

Ok, i have 25seconds of spinning thargoid cyclops upon its initial scan of me.
I had 1 x cyclops tissue sample, 3 x hearts.
I now have a 4th heart, but also work in the morning.
Will keep going tomorrow and get back with any more feedback.

O7

Mmm. Just on and a cyclops tissue sample i forgot i had aboard also made the scanning cyclops spin out.
I had never tissue sampled one before (calm down RESPLI), will try heart/tissue sample next see what that does, if anything.

o7
The "spinning" is an unresolved bug afaik. They do that for anything of interest, whether their reaction is friendly (meta alloys), unfriendly (thargoid items) or hostile (guardian items).

They're meant to follow you within 300m or so for 25 secs if you have anything of interest. The 25 seconds is when they're waiting for you to drop the cargo.

Last edited:
Ah, cheers, just came on to report that 5 hearts still has the same effect. 25s of spin, then its angry.

Still, i had good fun thinking i was doing some boffin work for a change!
I ended up with 2x sensor, 1x probe, 1x tissue same, 5x hearts.
Think i may go and poke around a Tharg base now, weirdly i have never been to one. Time to go have a look see today methinks.

o7

been looking to probe, jumped into NHSS 5, and found one but there was a cyclops in the instance, i let it scan me then it hoovered up the probe. I guess i have to nip in and steal it and then run like hell!

been looking to probe, jumped into NHSS 5, and found one but there was a cyclops in the instance, i let it scan me then it hoovered up the probe. I guess i have to nip in and steal it and then run like hell!
Yup. It's an exact science :) That or use collector limpets.

So what are those? New type of probes? Medusa was taking a nap just next to it in a multicew ax.

Top Bottom