Thargoid Interactions

It's emmiting noise as well but I couldnt record. The host of the AX multicrew session said he just got hyperdicted, and when another player in the fighter destroyed the "probe", the interceptor just went away.

In witchhead nebula.

So what are those? New type of probes? Medusa was taking a nap just next to it in a multicew ax.

View attachment 138798
Thargon that is bugged. It has been a bug for a while that some times when pulling back in the swarm the swarm gets stuck and freezes the thargoid. Attacking the goid or Thargon will snap the goid out of it. (not proximity does not seem to work only collision or weapons fire.)

Thargon that is bugged. It has been a bug for a while that some times when pulling back in the swarm the swarm gets stuck and freezes the thargoid. Attacking the goid or Thargon will snap the goid out of it. (not proximity does not seem to work only collision or weapons fire.)

Ok thanks.

Jumping into maia seems to almost always trigger a hyperdiction now. Possibly related to the new interceptor spotted in the system.
Edit: Apparently this is NOT happening to everyone, and i am just getting really strange RNG effects.

Last edited:
Source: https://imgur.com/a/BwZeHVk

Anyone else have this bug where the thargoid wake is showing in supercruise rather than normal space?
I drop into an nhss and then jump out just after the goid, and now the wakes seem to show only in supercruise. They time out like normal, and still can not be followed. If i stay in the nhss the wake eventually appears so this seems to be some timing related issue.
I've seen it reported before and yeah, think it's a bug.
Jumping into maia seems to almost always trigger a hyperdiction now. Possibly related to the new interceptor spotted in the system.
Just came and went from Maia and went to Palin's base, no hyperdiction.

EDIT: Y'know what would be cool? Hyperdicted by the the new ship and it speaks in English to you....

I had a strange encounter with one last night. No matter what I did the Thargoid seemed to mimic everything I did, always wanting to maintain a 480m distance from my ship. I backed up it moved forwards, I moved forwards, it backed up. Bugged or not (no pun intended) I thought it was pretty cool.

So I thought, I know, lets see if it will dance with me...... it did! :D

Afterwards, I decided to give it a little kiss before leaving.

I had a strange encounter with one last night. No matter what I did the Thargoid seemed to mimic everything I did, always wanting to maintain a 480m distance from my ship. I backed up it moved forwards, I moved forwards, it backed up. Bugged or not (no pun intended) I thought it was pretty cool.

RELPSI may or may not be EXTREMELY jealous!

o7

Last edited:

They're great, you're good with the camera

Has anyone tried to give EX7 to a Thargoid?

It causes blight so it probably has some fungal component, like Mycoid.

Would be funny if it triggers a reaction. 😁

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Welcome to the Thargoid Interactions thread.

What we know so far:

The newly available Xeno Scanner allows players to scan the Thargoid and reveal it as a Cyclops Variant. It also reveals that it has four hearts that are selectable as sub targets.

Not all of the ships have the exact same marking next to the cockpit, though they all have the same central marking that matches the logo on the barnacles.
Orodir's compendium: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...y-study-of-Thargoid-Ship-Logograms-Compendium

Non-Combat Interactions

On first meeting the Thargoid will approach and scan you, it's reaction depends on what cargo you are carrying:

Thargoid Sensor, Probe, Link or Meta Alloys

On finishing the scan the Thargoid will not back away from you and if you try to back away it will maintain it's current distance to you. You have 20 seconds to drop the items from your cargo hold, if you do not it will launch the Thargon Swarm. If you have not dropped them in a further 10 seconds it will attack. If you drop the items before it attacks then it will leave you alone and pick them up.

Guardian items
Well it was nice knowing you...
There is no warning, after the scan has finished the Thargoid will launch the swarm and attack.

Anything Else
The Thargoid scans you and then goes about its business.

The Thargoid scans all of the ships and containers in the instance, it is only interested in the following containers:

Thargoid Probe/Sensor/Link - The Thargoid collects them.

Guardian items - The Thargoid destroys them.

Slaves, Imperial Slave, Escape Pods (all types) - The Thargoid collects them.

If you drop at least 5 Meta Alloys while the Thargoid is still in the instance then a second Thargoid will jump in. On it entering you are hit by an EMP pulse which disables your ship. Both Thargoids leave without any further interaction.

Combat Interactions

The Thargoid and Thargon Swarm attack independently of each other.

(to be finished)

Here is a detailed description by Gluttony Fang: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/380292-How-to-Solo-a-Thargoid-Interceptor-Video

How did I miss this thread?

Top Bottom