Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Liu Huang looks like it'll finish up later this evening and agreed evac missions best done in solo. I use a pve cutter for this and just get absolutely swarmed by npcs as it is no need to deal with gankers too. Its nuts when you get near the station they are like angry bees if you have 20 missions like me and 400ish per trip.

Could kill em but it would take forever I usually have at least 50 incoming enemies so I approach the rescue ships planet at full speed on a curving trajectory and just barely slow down before doing a emergency drop a few ls away from the ship. Then just boost and can usually run to the ship without slowing down and getting grabbed.

Victory in Liu Huang! HIP 29596 (74%) is next up, and Chinas joins the fight!

The immediate list is below for targets after HIP 29596, however do keep an eye on HIP 20890! Despite being fourth at present, it took a quite sharp rise and could pull ahead while Christmas things are occurring. Speaking of which—well done all, and Merry Christmas!

Top targets at 00:10 25th December 3308:
HIP 29596 Invasion + 5 ports – 74%
HIP 8525 Invasion + 1 port – 36%
Nu Guang Invasion + 5 ports – 32%
HIP 20890 Invasion + 2 ports – 28%
Muchihiks Invasion + 1 port – 24%

Same to you and all the other cmdrs, been operating out of Hip 29596 looks like we can get it done by the morning. Anyone running evac head to the planetary base Brule Arsenal it is damaged and has critically wounded patients. It's on planet 2 B o7

Last edited:
Victory in HIP 29596! As predicted, HIP 20890 (56%) had a sharp trajectory which has moved it ahead of everywhere else. We have a large pack of systems following it and a projected 12–13 systems this cycle, so all of them should complete if Commanders follow them by progress.

Top targets at 23:30 25th December 3308:
HIP 20890 Invasion + 2 ports – 56%
Nu Guang Invasion + 5 ports – 50%
HIP 8525 Invasion + 1 port – 46%
Muchihiks Invasion + 1 port – 42%
HIP 20577 Invasion + 0 ports – 40%

Ida has concluded that the recovery state is a fully automatic timer completely unaffected by commodity deliveries or missions. 1 Chevron is filled every 13.44 hrs.

Great information; anyone running deliveries to Recovery systems needs to know that immediately. I imagine that may see a change/fix given that the actual description lists "Deliver construction materials" as an action. Either way though, I think Recovery systems should just be omitted from consideration.

Huge thanks to Operation Ida for the scale of testing needed for conclusions such as that!

HIP 20890 (88%) is coming to a close, and steady all-round progress across the top few Invasion systems. HIP 13179 joins the fight!

To highlight the importance of focusing effort given weekly resets, there is enough among the top 11 Invasion systems to complete them all, but we have a spread of Invasion effort across 32 systems which could make that number become 12.

Top targets at 20:30 26th December 3308:
HIP 20890 Invasion + 2 ports – 88%
Nu Guang Invasion + 5 ports – 74%
HIP 20577 Invasion + 0 ports – 64%
HIP 8525 Invasion + 1 port – 60%
Muchihiks Invasion + 1 port – 56%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 24%

Victory in HIP 20890! Many Commanders are remaining by M. Indra and headed to HIP 20577 (72%) nearby, while Nu Guang (86%) is almost done by Raijin.

Top targets at 00:30 27th December 3308:
Nu Guang Invasion + 5 ports – 86%
HIP 20577 Invasion + 0 ports – 72%
HIP 8525 Invasion + 1 port – 66%
Muchihiks Invasion + 1 port – 62%
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 24%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 24%

Last edited:
Victory in Nu Guang! Evacuation efforts and combat wings should be enough to complete HIP 20577 (90%) given the lack of ports, meanwhile it would be as well for lone combat pilots to relocate upwards to M. Oya for Muchihiks (76%) and HIP 8525 (72%). Ulche joins the fight!

I am most grateful for the contributions of all Commanders helping with the Community Goals, for they have just unlocked Gimballed E.A.X. Multi-cannons for next cycle. Please thank them!

Top targets at 12:40 27th December 3308:
HIP 20577 Invasion + 0 ports – 90%
Muchihiks Invasion + 1 port – 76%
HIP 8525 Invasion + 1 port – 72%
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 26%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 26%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 20%

Victories in HIP 20577 and Muchihiks! Many from Muchihiks are headed next-door to HIP 8525 (84%), and Chernobo and HIP 116351 join the fight! That is eight systems defended so far this cycle, with a projection of eleven, potentially ten if Obassi Osaw becomes difficult to complete without ports. Obassi Osaw is at least pulling its weight to become the eleventh, but it likely will be close.

Actual numbers for those are 10 systems projecting 1112% (1000% needed), 11 systems projecting 1146% (1100% needed), but 12 systems projecting 1173% (1200% needed).

Top targets at 22:40 27th December 3308:
HIP 8525 Invasion + 1 port – 84%
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 30%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 28%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 22%
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 5 ports – 20%

Currently pulling people out of Bennett Horizons in Akbakara which is actively under attack. Probably going to lose the system, but trying to get as many out as possible.

And then the mission server borks.... :rolleyes:

Hip 8525 its done

And so it is! It was at 98% after somehow getting a Cyclops army to arrive at Wohler Mines with generally four present at any time, helping with a Hydra, then needing some rest.

Mapon (36%) looks like it can finish today with around 74% effort to spare, but anything else will be so close without a daring burst of effort that I could not possibly recommend it. Obassi Osaw (30%) could scrape by with 8% to spare, while everyone swarming into Akbakara (24%) will be easier to defend but technically with an estimated 1.6% to spare. I imagine many Commanders might finish after Mapon for ten systems, but we will discover later whether anything else lies within or beyond the 1100% threshold.

Amazingly, the empty system 78 Theta-2 Tauri has also just gained 2% Alert progress.

Top targets at 12:00 28th December 3308:
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 36%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 30%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 24%
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 5 ports – 20%

So, we push in Mapon then.

Dont know how much Cyclops I've killed there, 7 or 8 or so. Progress bar still at half. Cyclops appears in threes groups.

Last edited:
We should hit Mapon hard then push to Akbakara if there's time after and hope for a miracle or take it back next week or something. Better to focus on systems we have the best chance of winning 1 by 1 to do as much as we can to blunt their advance which is still steamrolling ahead. Basically keep doing what we've been doing we ain't winning yet but it's getting results.

Is this thread where humanity is organising its resistance? Just asking for posterity.
Organising?. We humans are unable even to organise a dinner among 4 old childhood friends and match a night in a month.
Here just we told our little battles here and there, and speak about what we should do to win, but in any case we obey orders or suggestions of other humans.

Top Bottom