Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Even Mapon looks iffy we should keep trying obviously but it's only at halfway with less then a day left. I'm running fc trips from Chibis to Mapon if anyone else is running evac and wants to avoid the 200ly trip hop on if you see my carrier and its active. Carrier name Nozarshi-AX Support T9J-WTX

Mapon (46%) indeed looks unlikely; if the existing effort which backed the nine systems taken so far were to continue in Mapon then it would complete (along with Obassi Osaw as well!), but I think Commanders are taking a break, which I can understand fully. In a quite intrepid move, Daruwach join the fight!

Top targets at 21:40 28th December 3308:
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 46%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 32%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 28%
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 5 ports – 24%
HR 2204 Invasion + 1 port – 20%

Is this thread where humanity is organising its resistance? Just asking for posterity.

Only indirectly! My first concern is effort given by Commanders being lost to the weekly progress wipe, so I am watching every single War system and reporting the progress. The idea is that Commanders can see where effort is occurring and decide to focus on systems which actually end up being completed, though the last thing I want to do is give any actual orders—the goal is to respect everyone's time, not commandeer it!

For those unsure where to go at the start of a cycle, my suggested approach is to treat the previous cycle progress as a form of vote backed by the lost effort, though it is fully up to Commanders whether to follow that. Either way, the effort in the new cycle will become apparent and others can respond accordingly.

Mapon (46%) indeed looks unlikely; if the existing effort which backed the nine systems taken so far were to continue in Mapon then it would complete (along with Obassi Osaw as well!), but I think Commanders are taking a break, which I can understand fully. In a quite intrepid move, Daruwach join the fight!

Top targets at 21:40 28th December 3308:
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 46%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 28%
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 5 ports – 24%
HR 2204 Invasion + 1 port – 20%

Only indirectly! My first concern is effort given by Commanders being lost to the weekly progress wipe, so I am watching every single War system and reporting the progress. The idea is that Commanders can see where effort is occurring and decide to focus on systems which actually end up being completed, though the last thing I want to do is give any actual orders—the goal is to respect everyone's time, not commandeer it!

For those unsure where to go at the start of a cycle, my suggested approach is to treat the previous cycle progress as a form of vote backed by the lost effort, though it is fully up to Commanders whether to follow that. Either way, the effort in the new cycle will become apparent and others can respond accordingly.
I hear you we should still try I think I'll keep doing trips in my fc I have 22k tritium to burn. If the last target of the week isnt met I figured it just becomes #1 for next week.

To hazard a claim which doubtless will provoke some into trying, I do not imagine any other systems finishing this cycle. I will try to review the Galaxy map soon after the next cycle starts; in the meantime, anyone using the previous effort as a vote should note that Mapon will no longer have any ports, and Obassi Osaw will be a Controlled system rather than Invasion.

Please note that the Community Goal for the Gimballed E.A.X. Multi-cannon has finished and the weapon is already available from the rescue megaships in classes 2 and 3. The Turreted version already had great Scout-slaying capacity, and the Gimballed version deals around twice the damage.

Top targets at 01:50 29th December 3308:
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 56%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 32%
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 5 ports – 26%

Week 5, 29th December 3308​

HIP 19198, 70 Tauri, Bi Dhorora, Gliese 9035, Marindhs, Kaurukat defended from Invasion.
Alert repelled in HIP 26688, Huile, Gabia.

Targets updated at 02:00 5th January 3309
HIP 22524 Invasion + 2 ports – 84%
Nihal Alert – 78%
HIP 7338 Invasion + 1 port – 46%
Patollu Invasion + 3 ports – 28%
Mapon Invasion + 0 ports – 24%
Chanyaya Invasion + 2 ports – 20%
HIP 21380 Invasion + 3 ports – 20%
HIP 116351 Invasion + 1 port – 16%
Luggerates Invasion + 3 ports – 16%
Vaipacnali Invasion + 2 ports – 16%
Akbakara Invasion + 0 ports – 14%
Pegasi Sector MN-S b4-5 Invasion + 1 port – 14%
Tougeir Invasion + 0 ports – 14%
HIP 18075 Invasion + 3 ports – 12%
HIP 20024 Invasion + 0 ports – 12%
HIP 20719 Alert – 12%
Chnemine Invasion + 1 port – 10%
HIP 13179 Invasion + 0 ports – 8%
HIP 8825 Invasion + 0 ports – 8%
HR 2204 Invasion + 0 ports – 8%
Chinas Invasion + 2 ports – 6%
Dhang Tzela Invasion + 1 port – 6%
78 Theta-2 Tauri Controlled – 4%
Fotlandjera Invasion + 0 ports – 4%
HIP 113535 Invasion + 1 port – 4%
HIP 38235 Invasion + 3 ports – 4%
Hyades Sector GW-M b7-5 Controlled – 4%
Namayu Alert – 4%
58 Tauri Alert (empty) – 2%
68 Tauri Alert (empty) – 2%
Arietis Sector KM-W c1-15 Controlled – 2%
Camenisar Invasion + 1 port – 2%
HIP 19894 Invasion + 1 port – 2%
Hyades Sector PN-T c3-8 Controlled – 2%
Scythia Invasion + 0 ports – 2%
Trianguli Sector EQ-Y b2 Alert (empty) – 2%
Vasupari Invasion + 0 ports – 2%
Yemaki Alert – 2%

Notes
The Gimballed Enhanced AX Multi-cannon is now available from rescue megaships.

Week 4, 22nd December 3308​

Obamumbo, HIP 20527, Liu Huang, HIP 29596, HIP 20890, Nu Guang, HIP 20577, Muchihiks, HIP 8525 defended from Invasion.

Last edited:
Are class 3 Gimballed ax multi-canon available , im at a rescue ship and can only see class 2?

The class 3 is indeed available:

eax-gimballed-2-jpg.339572

If your hardpoint is definitely class 3 or 4, that sounds as if some megaships are not quite as well-stocked as others.

From the Completed Community Goal thread this post shows which megaship has what (may be dynamic though)

Week 5, 29th December 3308​

No progress present at 09:20 29th December 3308.

Previous cycle top targets
Mapon Invasion + 0 ports (~56%)
Akbakara Invasion + 0 ports (~32%)
Obassi Osaw InvasionControlled (~32%)
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 3 ports (26%)
HR 2204 Invasion + 0 ports (~22%)
70 Tauri AlertInvasion + 2 ports (~18%)

Notes
The Gimballed Enhanced AX Multi-cannon is now available from rescue megaships.

Week 4, 22nd December 3308​

Obamumbo, HIP 20527, Liu Huang, HIP 29596, HIP 20890, Nu Guang, HIP 20577, Muchihiks, HIP 8525 defended from Invasion.
Check this system:

First signs of progress this cycle; HIP 19198 (8%) is first up, after reaching only 6% last cycle and now with no more remaining ports. 70 Tauri (2%) was an abandoned Alert target but now has some Invasion activity, and it looks to me that some testing is occurring in Arietis Sector KM-W c1-15 (2%), an uninhabited Controlled system.

Check this system:

Activity levels can be interesting, but please note that this is at best once-removed from progress levels.

HIP 19198 (16%) is progressing nicely, and we have some Alert activity at Huile (4%). Mapon, Akbakara and HR 2204 have rejoined after finishing high last cycle, as have Bi Dhorora and Kaurukat from further down, and we also have HIPs 116351, 22524 and 7338 join the fight.

Top targets at 19:20 29th December 3308:
HIP 19198 Invasion + 0 ports – 16%
70 Tauri Invasion + 2 ports – 6%
Bi Dhorora Invasion + 1 port – 4%
Huile Alert – 4%

Do we have any idea what's going on with Leigong?

Thus far this cycle, the only Leigong progress I see is 2% for Arietis Sector KM-W c1-15, an unpopulated Controlled system. Without checking, I am almost entirely sure that will be due to some AX tests occurring there. I imagine Obassi Osaw will reappear soon, and Patollu saw a bit of Alert progress last cycle, so that also may become an Invasion target.

Where to go if I just want some lively CZs?

Without a doubt, go to popular Invasion systems which have ports remaining. Systems with operational ports seem to be where you get conflict zones, and if a port is being attacked then the port itself is a conflict zone, usually with the ability to re-arm at the port itself. As you can see at the top of the list above, right now I suggest going to 70 Tauri, though note that this will change over the course of the cycle.

Note also that systems with 1 port (such as Bi Dhorora above) should have conflict zones, but probably will not have a port conflict. Normally, 1 port means that said port is burning, which is great for running escape pod evacuations, but as far as combat is concerned its only value is to be a meeting-place where Commanders can await Frame Shift Anomalies.

Thus far this cycle, the only Leigong progress I see is 2% for Arietis Sector KM-W c1-15, an unpopulated Controlled system. Without checking, I am almost entirely sure that will be due to some AX tests occurring there. I imagine Obassi Osaw will reappear soon, and Patollu saw a bit of Alert progress last cycle, so that also may become an Invasion target.
Leigong is expanding, no Alerts (invisible alerts?)

Gliese 9035 (6%) was indeed high on the list last cycle, and has now rejoined. Luggerates, Patollu and Tougeir have also returned, the Alert effort in Huile (10%) looks more promising this time, 70 Tauri (14%) is going well with 2 ports to defend, and the focus at HIP 19198 (28%) is going very well despite having zero active ports.

Top targets at 00:30 30th December 3308:
HIP 19198 Invasion + 0 ports – 28%
70 Tauri Invasion + 2 ports – 14%
Huile Alert – 10%

Leigong is expanding, no Alerts (invisible alerts?)

Very interesting! I still have lists for both last cycle and this, and I will try comparing them some time tomorrow unless more is already known by then. Something strange surely is afoot if systems enter the process as anything other than an Alert!

They're certainly getting frisky. Well, annoyingly frisky, actually. Just been interdicted four times in a row in a 50Ls journey from CZ to outpost... :cautious:

Top Bottom