Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

I don't know all the numbers and how you calculate all that, but when looking on the current progress, i am wondering - is it really so impossible to clean up a couple more controls and reduce Oya's resistance just enough to be able kill it next week, instead of waiting what next thursday bring us?
We've been hitting fairly constantly since Thursday. Currently 36% of a ring.

The reason is that a couple more Controls now reaches into some very, very strong systems! That would be Baiabozo and Cephei Sector AF-A c11, which would require 95527 and 96099 respectively. Unless you plan to deliver around three times more in a single week than has ever been delivered in a single week, the percentage Spire progress is needed for those!

The difference is due to the distance to the Titan; for comparison, many of those Alerts needed fewer than 500, and the few most difficult remaining need around 10000 each. The strongest Control system ever cleared without Spire help was Montioch, which was just below 30000 at the time, now 30200—around 20000 was delivered by INIV, and the remaining one-third was due to a large number of other Imperial squadrons fighting there. The maximum strength is 160000, applying to any system with 5 Ly of a Titan, including Eoto at M. Oya.
These are sad numbers! I will pray to galnet then and will hope that abnormal alerts cost some extra to our enemy.

Last edited:
Buy order for scout samples set, think it should be OK. Let me know if any problems as not done this before

Samples from: Lyncis Sector KX-U C2-16

Carrier: Blaggerd Packrat
Quantity: 2908
Buy price: 500,101

Buy order for scout samples set, think it should be OK. Let me know if any problems as not done this before

That should be quite fine as long as you can adapt to changes of plan; at present I imagine Lyncis Sector KX-U c2-16 will actually be completed next week 72, for which it will need 2362 after Spire progress. I will avoid listing it for now because we need three other systems completed first, but otherwise it is quite fine to collect a payload during Alert then use it later during Control. It would be a pleasant surprise to be able to deliver it this week!

Speaking of which, if you have not done this before—are you aware regarding how to deliver large amounts of corrosive cargo?
  • The slow, safe option is just with an Anaconda filled with anti-corrosion cargo, with at least a bit of protection to survive bumps or interdictions.
  • Most use a Imperial Cutter just with a lot of normal cargo, due to a feature of Fleet carriers which causes it not to appear immediately, however...
  • For INIV I insisted that said Cutters are also prepared in case of having to restart, where the cargo then appears and starts destroying modules, and anyone doing it knows to watch the clock and count to 30 seconds if that happens.
I can describe corrosive cargo a bit more if needed; alternatively, others could unload it for you.

Yep depending on volume was planning on Anaconda or leaving it to others (some time back I volunteered to help someone unload, think I managed 2 loads in the time Shayan and a couple of others emptied the entire carrier so confident it would get done)

Well Chernobo's done, that was a good run, 'bout time the Python got used for more than Robigo runs. Back to bombing I guess. Might try & solo an Orthrus in one of the remaining alert systems if I'm feeling brave, I helped murder a billion credits' worth of the things at a spire last night but I get the impression that's less useful at this point.

Attempting to hunt Orthruses in alert systems I noticed Lyncis Sector WU-P B5-0 has a spire, will that go active if they take control? Should I be concerned? 😅

Attempting to hunt Orthruses in alert systems I noticed Lyncis Sector WU-P B5-0 has a spire, will that go active if they take control? Should I be concerned? 😅
Unclear whether it will reactivate or not, shouldn’t be a concern if it does. So far the systems with a recaptured (Thargoid recaptured) spire just act like a regular control even if it turns back on. Whether that’s a good or bad thing, it’ll have to be someone else’s judgement.

I have a quite sneaky mention about this at the top of the thread:

Matrix systems or Spire systems

Matrix systems which are cleared then recaptured later by Thargoids become merely normal Control systems (see below!).
Thargoids cannot reoccupy a Spire site, and nor is any Peripheral progress granted by a recaptured Matrix system.

Regarding this week 71, we are almost at the goal! We have:
  • Deliveries complete for Chernobo and Cephei Sector AV-Y b3, both Alerts now repelled.
  • For HIP 10778 at 25.9% progress we need 10173; we have 8152 reported as stored and 3233 remaining on the Carrier order. If the report was updated recently enough, we should be done when the order reads ~1200 or fewer.
those numbers were actually a bit off.
I ended up selling 11396 for HIP 10778 and we were up to like 27% or sth before I started selling and we hit 100.00% on the dot according to DCoH.

those numbers were actually a bit off.
I ended up selling 11396 for HIP 10778 and we were up to like 27% or sth before I started selling and we hit 100.00% on the dot according to DCoH.

100% may have been due to noticing it from the Galaxy map; according to INTRA, the last broadcast from HIP 10778 shows 133.9089%! I would not be surprised if thirty Alerts also came with a reduction to Alert strength.

Well done everyone helping with M. Oya; the 27 Alerts extended goal for this week is reached! Operations at M. Oya should avoid the unfortunate continuum within which Cephei Sector XO-A b3 is exposed but Eoto is not, and the resulting delay to destroying the Titan should become one week rather than two. This progress was unexpected by me, though:

Lyncis Sector KX-U c2-16 Alert 78% *79.6%Oya 12 Ly

Perhaps the sizeable progress following the Orthrus-hunting test was enough to decide to complete it; either way, with a previously-estimated strength around 15000 and a strength I suspect now to be closer to 12000, it should be now 2400–3000 more to complete the system. Depending on stored Research cargo, @Blaggerdy may need to watch this closely!

After that system, if there is still a such large appetite for Alerts then I suggest directing it elsewhere this week; here are the top few plus at least one from each Maelstrom, any of which will be several times weaker than those being cleared at M. Oya:
Arietis Sector HG-X b1-4 Alert 24% *25.6%Indra 24 Ly
HIP 19781 Alert 20% — Indra 26 Ly, 262 Ls outpost
Ngolite Alert 18% — Raijin 27 Ly, 48 Ls starport, 2873 Ls planet
Vogulu Alert 10% *11%Hadad 21 Ly, 336 Ls starport, 471 Ls outpost
Almar Alert 6% *6.2%Thor 32 Ly, 4087 Ls outpost
Col 285 Sector ZT-F b12-7 Alert 4% — Cocijo 28 Ly

Some Invasion systems are also within reach before Thursday; again, noting some having much farther Titan distances:
HIP 20527 Invasion 96% *96.5%Indra 23 Ly, 5 ports, 595 Ls outpost + 4806 Ls 0.15g planet attack
HIP 29596 Invasion 56% *57.1%Hadad 18 Ly, 5 ports, 1580 Ls 0.12g planet + 1575 Ls 0.14g planet attack, 1548 Ls 0.14g planet + 3015 Ls outpost damage
Vistnero Invasion 34% *34.4%Raijin 21 Ly, 2 ports, 365 Ls outpost attack, 521 Ls outpost damage
Putas Invasion 24% *24.3%Hadad 23 Ly, 1 port, 572 Ls starport attack, 861 Ls outpost damage
Theemim Invasion 22% *22.6%Thor 30 Ly, 3 ports, 2726 Ls 0.13g planet attack, 3619 Ls outpost damage

For Control systems, it is better to use the Alert report and target those which can attack at the end of this week. Notably the M. Thor attack surface is vulnerable to losing Alerts, and those Control systems have strengths below 600 and mostly below 400.

Additional: There are also some outstanding orders for M. Oya control systems, stored ready for next week!

Last edited:
Lyncis Sector KX-U c2-16 Alert 78% *79.6%
If it’d been up to me, leaving Oya with 10 controls would have been ideal in case the panic alerts of a Titan are a mechanic which triggers when its controls are in the single digit range. And it could well be, for all we know, rather than a god-handed event.

Unless the trigger is going below that number so keeping it at 9 won’t have any negative consequences and simply reduce the work leftover for next week.

If it’d been up to me, leaving Oya with 10 controls would have been ideal in case the panic alerts of a Titan are a mechanic which triggers when its controls are in the single digit range. And it could well be, for all we know, rather than a god-handed event.
If that is the case, then finding it out sooner rather than later is probably best.

Top Bottom