• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

Thargoid Scout Missions aren't completing.

Time of occurrence
28/8/2018

Frequency
10+

G69-11 Vanguard Thargoid Scout mission locations

Ship/SRV?
Ship

Ship Type
Alliance Crusader

Description
Destroying Thargoid Scouts at mission signal sources does not count towards mission objectives. It remained at 0 no matter how many I killed.

Steps to Reproduce
Tried it on 2 other similar missions. Same result. Restarted the game and had same results again.

QA-Mitch

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
Hey Xtopher SI,

Thanks for the report.

I'll pass this on to get checked out.

Just to be clear this is for the massacre thargoid scouts mission?

If you could provide a screenshot of the mission details that would be much appreciated.

Yes it is for the Thargoid Scout massacre missions. I don't have a screen shot but I can explain what happened. After accepting the mission I jumped to target system. On arrival to system mission updated informing me of target location where I found the mission signal source(threat level 4). In the signal source I found 4 thargoid scouts(marauders) and eliminated them. I looked at the transaction panel to see if I had completed the mission but saw that it displayed 0/3 kills. I jumped to supercruise and repeated to see if it would work. After completing three more mission signal sources none of my kills counted towards the goals. I tried other exact same missions had the same results. I'm not sure if they are supposed to but none of the targets where marked with a "Mission Target" in the target information HUD.

Last edited:
Hi again. It's seems there was a detail I left out which I didn't think was relevant but I remember that all these missions offered a clean kill bonus if I completed the mission without losing my ship. I have been doing some more Thargoid Scout massacre missions lately and they have been working properly. I just did a "destroy interceptor" mission that offered the same "clean kill bonus" and when I destroyed the cyclops the mission did not complete. I assume that this "clean kill bonus" must be related to the mission not completing. Here is a screenshot after I killed the cyclops. 2018-09-10_10-15-17.png

Last edited:
I am having the same problem.

Mission deets copied from Inara mission log:
Destroy the Thargoid threat
For Flech Labour
Origin: Flech [Rescue Ship - Stafford Terminal]
Destination: StKM 1-578 [Manning Beacon]

Same here. Just picked up a wing mission from Walgal rescue ship to kill a Basilisk in Chih zhua at planet a4, it's taken over an hour for the mission USS to pop up, then when the Goid went pop I got 6 mill from the pilot fed however no mission complete came up !?! Lots of time wasted. I started at 17:30 time now 19:04. 'Big Sigh'

Same here. Just picked up a wing mission from Walgal rescue ship to kill a Basilisk in Chih zhua at planet a4, it's taken over an hour for the mission USS to pop up, then when the Goid went pop I got 6 mill from the pilot fed however no mission complete came up !?! Lots of time wasted. I started at 17:30 time now 19:04. 'Big Sigh'
For scouts as a rule, I menu log if the mission USS doesn't pop up within 10 minutes ; it usually works. Don't know if it works with Baskies. The reason I am now loathe to do the 'goid missions is precisely because of waiting for mission USS' to pop. It's very trying. I try to save up stupid household tasks to do whilst waiting for them. God knows how many pairs of my husband's socks I've repaired.

:(

Top Bottom