Thargoid Scouts: Using a ship with minimal/no engineering?

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
This is a rhetorical question, as I'm hoping to try it tomorrow.

Lower threat USS, and my barely-modified Cobra with two AXMC.

No idea how this will turn out but it'll be a laugh. :)

This is a rhetorical question, as I'm hoping to try it tomorrow.

Lower threat USS, and my barely-modified Cobra with two AXMC.

No idea how this will turn out but it'll be a laugh. :)

Based on my experience of about one whole week and 1 AX CG....

The AX MCs kill them quite quickly I think, faster than lasers or normal MCs.

With a 1200 MJ shield a T4 will knock off up to 2 rings flying in straight lines and there are no other ships in the area distracting the scouts, if you keep moving in 3 directions at once (forwards + 2 thrusters) and change direction every 2 seconds or so you can avoid quite a lot of their shots (this is one of the most fun things about it, having to fly very evasively) and it's possible to have almost no shield damage. T3 should be no problem for you. In a T5 you'll possibly get spanked backwards in 3 seconds because there are just so many everywhere, I'm usually losing all the shield and up to 20% hull but you may well be a better pilot than I am.

A single caustic missile seems to do about 2% to 10% damage to a 2500 (whatever hull units are) hull depending on when it hits during the fight and how fast the area can be cleared.

Deleted member 110222

D
No such chance to test it out today. VA was a nightmare...

But it's the weekend so I'll have plenty of time to put my brig to the test tomorrow.

https://s.orbis.zone/_s6
This is using mostly starter engineers, except for Selene, but as long as you keep moving you shouldn't get any damage.
I'm quite new to fighting thargoids, but this has been working pretty well up to threat 4, perfectly solo-able and quite fun too.
Just keep moving and disengage during caustic missile and you shouldn't lose a ring of shields or hull, at least in my experience.

Cobra vs. Thargoids is fun.

2qF6ecF.jpg

Scouts are super easy. Just take a fairly well-turreted ship. I did it with a T10, no engineering, all turreted multicannons.

Top Bottom