Thargoid ship appeared at the base on HIP 14909 2 A and scanned my ship!

I just did the thing in the middle of the site where you put the UA, UP, and UL in the slots to activate the Unknown device, then went out to bring the probe and artefact back to my Cutter when a Thargoid jumped in and scanned me.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Clip: http://xboxclips.com/Shiny+Dewott/96c6db19-4113-44ea-a610-132f0e71cea3
Do you know what you did to trigger it?

It scanned you, not the other ship, so it was there to visit you. It left as soon as it finished with you; therefore, you must have made you presents known somehow? Logically anyway.

Last edited:
Do you know what you did to trigger it?

It scanned you, not the other ship, so it was there to visit you. It left as soon as it finished with you; therefore, you must have made you presents known somehow? Logically anyway.

That ship was my ship.

I believe that activating the artifacts sends out a signal, perhaps to the collectors who make runs for the mats gathered by the scavengers. If they're collectors, it would make sense that it would run after scanning, it would most likely be an unarmed vessel. Did you try wake scanning after it left?

Wow that has not happened to anyone that i know who has been at the sites with the UA, UP, and UL's... think i might head back :).

Thanks for posting.

Hmm, they're not showing any signs of aggression, just scanning and leaving.

Maybe this is a non-aggressive Thargoid "faction" we are seeing? Explorers maybe, gauging whether it's time to make first contact officially?

I'm really hoping the devs don't make them one-dimensional enemies only. If humans can have many factions, many ethos, peace-makers and war-makers, traders and explorers, why can't an alien species, right?

Hmm, they're not showing any signs of aggression, just scanning and leaving.

Maybe this is a non-aggressive Thargoid "faction" we are seeing? Explorers maybe, gauging whether it's time to make first contact officially?

I'm really hoping the devs don't make them one-dimensional enemies only. If humans can have many factions, many ethos, peace-makers and war-makers, traders and explorers, why can't an alien species, right?

Maybe. Could be those "Oresrians" Drew Wagar mentioned.

I believe that activating the artifacts sends out a signal, perhaps to the collectors who make runs for the mats gathered by the scavengers. If they're collectors, it would make sense that it would run after scanning, it would most likely be an unarmed vessel. Did you try wake scanning after it left?
if activating the artefacts is the trigger, why has nobody else had this happen to them yet?

also, that portal it used to get away looks so cool, I hope we can at some point get the tech and jump across a fairly big distance. that would be so cool

Yikes.......talk about being caught with your pants around your ankles......that ship was right in your face!

[video=youtube;_CYmhqVsgpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYmhqVsgpk[/video]

Can anyone point in the direction of where it exactly is? I simply cannot follow the cords. Is it north south etc something to put me in the area it's doing my head in. Thanks in advance

I just did the thing in the middle of the site where you put the UA, UP, and UL in the slots to activate the Unknown device, then went out to bring the probe and artefact back to my Cutter when a Thargoid jumped in and scanned me.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Clip: http://xboxclips.com/Shiny+Dewott/96c6db19-4113-44ea-a610-132f0e71cea3

I have just checked on canonn discord because i was about to upload my own video of the same encounter but apparently it's a known occurrence :( So yeah, it happens, same probability as with the barnacle harvest event it seems. Still being investigated, so you might want to pop over to the threadnaught?

Top Bottom