Thargoid ship appeared at the base on HIP 14909 2 A and scanned my ship!

Flew my Adder there, was having a lovely time, then Had a ganker in a iClipper, upprovokingly ram me into the surface, and to make sure it wasn't an accident, multicannoned what was left of my hull and shields.

Seriously? People defend this behaviour?

This isn't playing the game as it's supposed to be played Bounty hunting, PvP, this was straight up murdering another person because it was a sight-seering hotspot.
That's a move in any culture.

And don't give me that BUT THE GAME LET'S YOU DO IT so that makes it okay.

And guess what it still OKAY, anything that happens in real life, someone dieing of cancer is OKAY because it just happens in real life?
Real life lets me smash a glass and plant it someones face, yes it's wrong but I can STILL do it, REAL LIFE LETS ME.
I can break a dogs legs then leave it on a train track.
I can throw acid into peoples cars and laugh at them scream, BECAUSE REAL LIFE LETS ME!!!

Yeah there are social rules, and even LAWS to remind you that it should be done.
But people still do it because real life lets you , still doesn't stop you from being a and doing something which everyone knows is wrong.
There is NO defending this ideal.

Last edited:
uh you in the wrong thread, bro. #pinkchampagne
as for OP, cool vid. Seriously, making my trigger finger itch

Last edited:
Sorry had to vent :)

After the Rebuy, I went to collect a Possé at Obsidian Terminal, but no one was interested.

I went back again and kept an eye on my scanner.

He was in a iCutter with fighter.

He was using the fighter to nip through the structures and chase after the ships they boosted away , or swap back to the cutter to overwhelm with firepower.

Very methodical.

Needless to say even in my unbalanced Modded Adder (weapons AND srv, weak shields, poor distributer),
He still couldn't keep up.

I made my escape and made a second report. Since that was the second incident.

First time I ever reported a player for bad conduct.
FDEV made it easy, the history panels in the comms section report who you have met and if they killed you :)

So broke orbit, jumped to the next system, antagonist in pursuit, but naturally in a blind panic I had to pick a nav-target obscured by the planet, so I had to orbital cruise around the moon, so he didn't get a line of sight to interdict and I could jump away, and swap out to Mobius to investigate the structure where I spent a constructive 2 hours with a new friend.

No sightings of a ship as the op stated though :(

and if you think
Commander Woakes, it sounds like you almost had fun playing cat and mouse with that ganker...cough..errr.....I said nothing of the kind. (It just would have been awesome to play bait for my posse to take him apart hmmmmm).

Last edited:
What is intriguing is that the power affecting issue occurs before the Thargoid drops in, I thought it was range based from Thargoid ship??

if activating the artefacts is the trigger, why has nobody else had this happen to them yet?

also, that portal it used to get away looks so cool, I hope we can at some point get the tech and jump across a fairly big distance. that would be so cool

It has happened before. Cant remember to who but remember seeing a video of someone on their way out of the thargoid thingy being disabled and scanned.

What is intriguing is that the power affecting issue occurs before the Thargoid drops in, I thought it was range based from Thargoid ship??

Whats also interesting is how the Cutter casts no shadows from the light from the scanning :p.

Yes, got scanned in my srv. It appeared...angry?

Scanned me and flew off, that's it.

[video=youtube_share;N-cvT8p-MUc]https://youtu.be/N-cvT8p-MUc[/video]

Last edited:
Flew my Adder there, was having a lovely time, then Had a ganker in a iClipper, upprovokingly ram me into the surface, and to make sure it wasn't an accident, multicannoned what was left of my hull and shields.

there are no rules. there is only your own rules you play by. others don't care about your rules.
suck it up, move along. seriously. in real life there are those who don't follow rules. this is a game.

This isn't playing the game as it's supposed to be played Bounty hunting, PvP, this was straight up murdering another person because it was a sight-seering hotspot.
That's a move in any culture.

And don't give me that BUT THE GAME LET'S YOU DO IT so that makes it okay.

And guess what it still OKAY, anything that happens in real life, someone dieing of cancer is OKAY because it just happens in real life?
Real life lets me smash a glass and plant it someones face, yes it's wrong but I can STILL do it, REAL LIFE LETS ME.
I can break a dogs legs then leave it on a train track.
I can throw acid into peoples cars and laugh at them scream, BECAUSE REAL LIFE LETS ME!!!

Yeah there are social rules, and even LAWS to remind you that it should be done.
But people still do it because real life lets you , still doesn't stop you from being a and doing something which everyone knows is wrong.
There is NO defending this ideal.

Good god really, are you genuinely having a difficult time separating reality from a game? Is every FPS out their made by some psychopath because in real life its not acceptable to empty an M4 into someone?

You paid money for this game, as did other people. What other people do in the game that they paid money for within the rules and laws of it is entirely up to them weather you agree with or not.

All your ridiculous comparisons about cancer and assault etc make no sense. Throwing acid on people is against the law, ramming your pixels into the ground isn't.

Cant believe i have to explain this but there you go.

Hmm, they're not showing any signs of aggression, just scanning and leaving.

Maybe this is a non-aggressive Thargoid "faction" we are seeing? Explorers maybe, gauging whether it's time to make first contact officially?

I'm really hoping the devs don't make them one-dimensional enemies only. If humans can have many factions, many ethos, peace-makers and war-makers, traders and explorers, why can't an alien species, right?

Unless as an insect-like race, the Thargoids have a hive mind, in which case, only the queens would truly be sentient, all others just extensions of the same being. In which case, if that being decided to be aggressive, every other member of the species would be aggressive as well. Not one-dimensional, just already been done *coughendersgamecough*

Top Bottom