Thargoid surge is rapidly expanding.

The Thargoid presence in human space is easily observed, when viewing the Power Play bubble via the star map, and it's rapidly expanding. It appears there is a small percentage of commanders actually fighting against the Thargoid invasion. Due to this, it will not be surprising to me to witness the Thargoid intrusion reach a point where they have footholds all over the bubble. We need more commanders in the fight. Additionally we need to bring the fight to Thargoid space. Whenever that endeavor becomes a possibility..

Attachments

• 3-25-2019_2-36-05_PM-io53cvvw.png.jpg
    3-25-2019_2-36-05_PM-io53cvvw.png.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 377

DDastardly00

D
We are in a full war with the Thargoids and it's now in our backyard. My sincerest hope is that other commanders don't wait until their home station is burning to decide to do something about it. The time is now.

"you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation."

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

-Movie quote, Independence Day -1996

Our squadron is actively taking on the Thargoids, however, NHSSs aren't spawning enough for us to select what we can do and what's a waste of time.
In Aganippe this morning, there was a good 30 minutes with no NHSS. And when one finally spawned, it was a T7. Lol

There's no hope of me soloing a T6+, so I have to hang around until something suitable appears.

Or, head to an already invaded system and join a reliable AX CZ

DDastardly00

D
Grinding for the weapons as we speak. Then on to the engineering grind. Should be joining the fight in several months.

Know what you mean, the grind is real. At least it's very gratifying when you're done. The Krait mk II is working out great for me for bug hunting, it has great hardpoints and internals, enough to carry what you need.

Our squadron is actively taking on the Thargoids, however, NHSSs aren't spawning enough for us to select what we can do and what's a waste of time.
In Aganippe this morning, there was a good 30 minutes with no NHSS. And when one finally spawned, it was a T7. Lol

There's no hope of me soloing a T6+, so I have to hang around until something suitable appears.

Or, head to an already invaded system and join a reliable AX CZ

I don't doubt this is an issue - seen the Issue tracker raised for it, must be frustrating. However, I've not personally had any such issues since I started Infestation hunting. First at Aulin, and this week at Mbutas - the NHSS spawns have been great - for me and our squadron, whether winged, or lone.

Come help at Mbutas - it's super busy as here!

This screenshot typical of Mbutas since last Thargday (with my Xbox commander. Going to try with my PC commander tonight, see if the spawns are as healthy)

Attachments

• IMG_416dee20-2c7e-4251-bbef-fbaee4336bf2.jpg
    IMG_416dee20-2c7e-4251-bbef-fbaee4336bf2.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 310
The equipment grind is at best pathetic.

Lol
Really?
You only need to unlock the class 2 guass cannon.
Doesn't take long at all.
And the guardian FSD booster is super handy, and also doesn't take long.
None of the other modules are particularly worth it.

And it helps to unlock the remote release flak launcher, which is a doddle.

Lol
Really?

Think he was also talking about unlocking all the engineers, especially Palin and Jean require some work and they're very useful for AX Combat.

DDastardly00

D
Lol
Really?

Or you could just buy AX cannons, hunt scouts and unlock nothing.

I really enjoyed the Guardian sites. Compared to Blasting rocks in the SRV, I'll take the Guardian sites any day.

Lol
Really?

I humbly recommend a commander have a bit more than this, when entering an AX instance. Grant it, you can wing up with other commanders and compliment each others armaments. However, you will be more effective with engineered thrusters, power plant, distributor, shields, and armor. Not to mention more useful to your wing. Additionally decontamination limpets are a must for cleaning caustic contamination, or at least heat sinks if you're gonna burn it off. Waiting for someone else to clean your hull can cost you a re-buy. Engineered hull reinforcements and guardian module reinforcements also aid greatly towards longevity in an AX instance. The Gauss is sweet. However, the Guardian Shard Cannon, AX Multi-Cannons, etc. are more effective in dealing with a pack of Thargoid Scouts. Which is what I suggest new commanders tackle first, before going after any Interceptor(s) .

The Thargoid presence in human space is easily observed, when viewing the Power Play bubble via the star map, and it's rapidly expanding.
They're definitely here. I was interdicted yesterday, one jump from my home system, well within the bubble. I haven't really been concerned with the whole "Thargoid" thing but it seems I better start outfitting a combat ship with AX weapons.

They're definitely here. I was interdicted yesterday, one jump from my home system, well within the bubble. I haven't really been concerned with the whole "Thargoid" thing but it seems I better start outfitting a combat ship with AX weapons.

Roger that. What system were you in when they pulled you out of frame shift?

I don't doubt this is an issue - seen the Issue tracker raised for it, must be frustrating. However, I've not personally had any such issues since I started Infestation hunting. First at Aulin, and this week at Mbutas - the NHSS spawns have been great - for me and our squadron, whether winged, or lone.

Come help at Mbutas - it's super busy as here!

This screenshot typical of Mbutas since last Thargday (with my Xbox commander. Going to try with my PC commander tonight, see if the spawns are as healthy)

A lot going on there!

Roger that. What system were you in when they pulled you out of frame shift?
I believe it was Piscium Sector QD-T b3-5. If not there, it was very close to that, probably within 25ly. Unfortunately, I didn't take note of which system I was in, although I did take a few screenshots.

Last edited:
I found a pair of turreted AX multi cannons on the Krait Phantom worked well against Scouts, with a couple of rail guns to improve the feeling of being a participant in the shooting, rather than just watching the turrets do the work.

Engineering the weapons to increase ammunition helps to keep you longer at AX CZs before reloading and .... yes, keep plenty of repair limpets on board !

I found a pair of turreted AX multi cannons on the Krait Phantom worked well against Scouts, with a couple of rail guns to improve the feeling of being a participant in the shooting, rather than just watching the turrets do the work.

Engineering the weapons to increase ammunition helps to keep you longer at AX CZs before reloading and .... yes, keep plenty of repair limpets on board !

Roger that. DDarstardly00 has continued success with the AX multi cannons vs scouts. I enjoy the class 3 turreted Shard Cannons and class 2 Gauss against them. They're devastating!

I had to take a few weeks off from bug hunting, the burnout was real after having to defend Alliance space for a few months in a row. Itching to get my Kraity-boi back in the fight though and show these buggers that humanity won't take it lying down.

Attachments

• 1-29-2019_6-48-28_PM-i0bapvnv.PNG
    1-29-2019_6-48-28_PM-i0bapvnv.PNG
    767.7 KB · Views: 274
I was looking over the bubble last night. It's gotten worse since the initial posting of this thread. The Thargoids have saturated human space.

Top Bottom