Thargoid War

Hey guys, anyone know any good guides for the thargoid war for the ps4. Looking to try some combat.

Haven't encountered any yet and was looking to see how formidable they are. Had a look online and the community for the PC is quite impressive for the war and was wondering if there was anything like that on the ps4.

I don’t think normal weapons are effective on Thargoid targets, so it would be necessary to research and acquire AX or Gaurdian technology to effectively engage them. I am slowly getting back to speed on such issues since coming back to ED after a 2 year hiatus, so I would be interested in your progress as it pertains to the PS4 player base. Good luck. o7

Hey guys, anyone know any good guides for the thargoid war for the ps4. Looking to try some combat.

Haven't encountered any yet and was looking to see how formidable they are. Had a look online and the community for the PC is quite impressive for the war and was wondering if there was anything like that on the ps4.

Come and meet the AXI PS (and the higher beings) guys over on the AXI discord. We are happy to give help if you need it👍

If you head out to the area around Maia you will find some thargs to look at/poke with a stick.

Interceptors (Cyclops/Basilisk/Medusa/Hydra, weakest to toughest) will just come and scan you if you dont shoot them or crash into them and dont have guardian cargo or some thing else it considers naughty aboard.

However if there are any of the scout types (small, nippy, mars attacks looking ones) around then all Thargs will instantly attack.

NHSS 3 is where to start, then work your way up. Good luck and happy hunting CMDR!

o7

Last edited:

Hey mate go to Deciat 6, there are ships in need of help.
After accepting to help Thargoids show up.

No guides for PS4. consol mechanics are very different from pc-mkb mechanics. cold orbiting with FA-off is not suitable for ps4 controller. you need mkb with moded mouse. for me personally this is a broken mechanic and should not exist. FA-off is for manuvering and for actual aiming.

No guides for PS4. consol mechanics are very different from pc-mkb mechanics. cold orbiting with FA-off is not suitable for ps4 controller. you need mkb with moded mouse. for me personally this is a broken mechanic and should not exist. FA-off is for manuvering and for actual aiming.

It is 100% possible to cold orbit with a controller on console. The best AX pilot (imo), Euan uses an Xbox controller, he cold orbits, he has killed 6 (SIX) Hydras, at once, solo.

o7

It is 100% possible to cold orbit with a controller on console. The best AX pilot (imo), Euan uses an Xbox controller, he cold orbits, he has killed 6 (SIX) Hydras, at once, solo.

o7
The one gifted Genius out of a million normal beings does not make a statistic ;) FA off with console controllers is way way harder than on PC (MKB), unless you use a HOTAS and the only one available for consoles is not very reliable too.

Off topic: it'd be nice if Frontier would unlock mnkb controls on PlayStation for those that want it.

On topic: MNKB is absolutely not a requirement for Thargoid combat. Anything you read about Thargoid combat is applicable to PlayStation, unless it's headlook or VR. So no need to look for console specific info unless you're looking to wing up.

The one gifted Genius out of a million normal beings does not make a statistic ;) FA off with console controllers is way way harder than on PC (MKB), unless you use a HOTAS and the only one available for consoles is not very reliable too.
Ok, i will raise you this, in PS AXI we have many pilots who regularly fly FA off, using a controller and kick the out of Thargoids on a regular basis.

I use a Hotas myself, not controller, but the notion that K&M is the only way you can do FA off is just utter, utter nonesense.

You are kidding yourself that you are at a disadvantage with regards to FA off. Now if we were talking VR or macros for instance, i would agree with you. But we are not, so i don't.

o7

Ok, i will raise you this, in PS AXI we have many pilots who regularly fly FA off, using a controller and kick the out of Thargoids on a regular basis.

I use a Hotas myself, not controller, but the notion that K&M is the only way you can do FA off is just utter, utter nonesense.

You are kidding yourself that you are at a disadvantage with regards to FA off. Now if we were talking VR or macros for instance, i would agree with you. But we are not, so i don't.

o7
Reread what i wrote please, i did not say "mkb is the only way" i said that on console controllers is way more difficoult, for me and all the console players I know at least ;)

Reread what i wrote please, i did not say "mkb is the only way" i said that on console controllers is way more difficoult, for me and all the console players I know at least ;)
It is a huge difference between the analog controller where each tiny move is like a big jump with the digital mouse. This is reason the FPS games to add aim assist for PS to counter this effect of analog sticks.

It is a huge difference between the analog controller where each tiny move is like a big jump with the digital mouse. This is reason the FPS games to add aim assist for PS to counter this effect of analog sticks.
Exactly, probably the guy above likes to play Jesus...who knows? ;)

Top Bottom