"Thargoids are attacking! Help! Oh, but don't shoot, please. We have rules, you know."

Greetings Commanders,

The team are aware that the AX Conflict Zone is too close to the Aegis Defense Megaship, causing issues around the megaship. They're currently looking into a fix for this and we will let you know when there are any updates. Thank you for your understanding.

o7

On a related note, and one that Dav responded to (in a fashion) on a livestream:

Please do not see (at least some) of the mixing of conflict zones with other USS or POIs as bad. In my time playing ED I have had:

A Combat Zone overlapping a food distribution point

A Combat Zone overlapping a refugee convoy (i.e. a massive mixed T-9, T-6 and Hauler convoy flew through the battle and was epic)

(Beta 3.0) A Combat Zone with a capital ship inside an asteroid cluster, with ships darting around rocks

A Combat Zone close to (i.e. within sight / 10Km) of a large Coriolis station

Can you feed back to the devs who set the parameters that the above really makes a massive difference and would add a huge amount of really epic stuff to CZs (and even better in the new 3.x system). So while some NPC / CZ / player combos pose problems, others present opportunity and unexpected fun.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There's AX Conflict Zone right on top of Aegis Defence Megaship in Evangelis\Witch Head Nebula.
Very cool. You can get shot on the landing pad (without damage ofc). Interceptor energy surge can turn your systems off when you're browsing station panel, quite exciting.
View attachment 160629
Unfortunately, you get fined for violating No Fire Zone every time you shoot.
You get destroyed? Closest Penitentiary is in Pleiades...

That's an old issue that seems to have come back. Best thing would be to log it on the issue tracker and hope it gets upvoted enough.

Currently.
But imagine that station's weapon ange remains the same while range of your missiles is greater. That way you can sit beyond station's reach while still being able to shoot freely. That's why now NFZ is so large and weapon range is so short.

And bounty - some people misbehaved anyway and last year's C&P changes were introduced.

I mean... Ok, doesn't really change much, firing weapons doesn't harm anyone, until they hit, at which point, punishment is incurred.

Greetings Commanders,

The team are aware that the AX Conflict Zone is too close to the Aegis Defense Megaship, causing issues around the megaship. They're currently looking into a fix for this and we will let you know when there are any updates. Thank you for your understanding.

o7

It's not too close, the no fire zone just needs turning off.

No one complained about it being too close.

I know that's the easiest fix though.

I understand the 'logic' behind a no-fire zone, but at the same time...
  • Flight Control is very 'hands off' and 'the pilot is responsible for all activity'
  • You can ram other ships inside the speed limit pending minimal damage
  • There is no speeding fine unless you hit someone

So, why is firing your weapons a thing to fine? Why not apply the same logic: if you hit a non-enemy or wanted target, you're in deep dooky. Otherwise? Sure, light show. Cool. We don't care - here is a warning to stow your weapons but we're not going to do anything.

Why not just remove the fire zone entirely and leave the existing mechanics surrounding friendly/illegal fire? Then you wouldn't even have the OP issue.

You are allowed to carry one, even openly, but don't try and shoot at cans and stuff within city limits.

But we can speed around in multi-ton ships capable of crushing hundreds of passengers instantly...so long as we don't actually do it.

Like I said, why not just nix the no fire zone? It makes sense in the real world but very little in the context of the rules in Elite - or rather, the context in which there are so few rules and those that exist redundantly handle this issue.

On a related note, and one that Dav responded to (in a fashion) on a livestream:

Please do not see (at least some) of the mixing of conflict zones with other USS or POIs as bad. In my time playing ED I have had:

A Combat Zone overlapping a food distribution point

A Combat Zone overlapping a refugee convoy (i.e. a massive mixed T-9, T-6 and Hauler convoy flew through the battle and was epic)

(Beta 3.0) A Combat Zone with a capital ship inside an asteroid cluster, with ships darting around rocks

A Combat Zone close to (i.e. within sight / 10Km) of a large Coriolis station

Can you feed back to the devs who set the parameters that the above really makes a massive difference and would add a huge amount of really epic stuff to CZs (and even better in the new 3.x system). So while some NPC / CZ / player combos pose problems, others present opportunity and unexpected fun.

Agreed on all of this. More conflict in traditionally static instances (or very short instances) is always a plus.

Agreed on all of this. More conflict in traditionally static instances (or very short instances) is always a plus.

Its adding extra spicy combinations that just work, really. When that refugee convoy dropped in, it dropped in right in the centre of the CZ- I almost hit a T-9 and the AI went nuts as you had neutrals fleeing, hostiles coming at you- I get properly tingly thinking about it because it felt 'alive'. Seeing an Imp cap ship parked right next to an asteroid with fighters weaving around it and the roid was insane- it was like Star Wars. Again, it really hit the spot because it was so unexpected.

I really hope Dav can at least make these things more common, as it really shows off what ED can do- and what you lose when you separate and compartmentalise by keeping CZs and other USS apart.

Greetings Commanders,

o7
As others have said, don’t move the Conflict Zone, just turn off the No Fire Zone until it’s over. Battles with scenery are far superior to battles in an empty void.

I dunno, seems pretty true to character for Aegis to do something like fire on people helping them for violating their NFZ...
They did not shoot at you, they just charged you for weapon use.

Thinking about it I have strong suspicion that all this Thargoid threat is fabricated. It looks like Aegis is just entertainment company and "fighting Thargoids" is what they're selling. Something like Westworld.
Have you noticed how Aegis and Rescue Megaships appear in the Incursion Systems exactly the same time with Thargoids?
And when you're entering AX CZ there's "Combat coordinator". I mean.. what?
-Good morning, do you have a ticket? Splendid, Sir. We have one other client fighting Scouts and two trying to destroy Interceptor, would you care to join them?

I'm surprised they don't charge pilots per shot in other Combat Zones :ROFLMAO:

They did not shoot at you, they just charged you for weapon use.

Thinking about it I have strong suspicion that all this Thargoid threat is fabricated. It looks like Aegis is just entertainment company and "fighting Thargoids" is what they're selling. Something like Westworld.
Have you noticed how Aegis and Rescue Megaships appear in the Incursion Systems exactly the same time with Thargoids?
And when you're entering AX CZ there's "Combat coordinator". I mean.. what?
-Good morning, do you have a ticket? Splendid, Sir. We have one other client fighting Scouts and two trying to destroy Interceptor, would you care to join them?

I'm surprised they don't charge pilots per shot in other Combat Zones :ROFLMAO:
You've completely ruined it all now! 😐
😆

Top Bottom