"Thargoids are attacking! Help! Oh, but don't shoot, please. We have rules, you know."

I have a question about this. Can you pay off your bounty at intersteller faction of a station that would otherwise send you to a penal ship if you paid through authority contact?

Back on topic are zny of the burning stations useful for grinding empire rank currently?

System - Lembass
Station - Tsao Prospect
Factions - 3 Empire

I was about to say this reminds me of the Gnosis being attacked in Cone Sector... It had the same nonsense where thargoids were attacking ships on the landing pad but CMDR's essentially had to leg it out of the NFZ before returning fire and thus defending the Gnosis, the very ship that would slap fines (or was it bounties?) upon them.

Why do we even have NFZs to begin with? Shouldn't reckless fire fines and bounties cover everything?

Yes
No fire zones are just for "realism" thing that when linked into the rest of the game mechanics, is a classic case of realism getting in the way of gameplay.

Looks like the AX CZ was moved away from the ship to about 2ls away :(

I went there earlier and it was 10km away (you could see the fighting from the ship) but when I went back a while later it was gone.
I'm curious if Fdev moved it, or AX CZ and Megaship simply have different orbital velocity and will move away from eachother...

I'm a good natured CMDR. When damsel in distress I'm very likely to help. But if said damsel, while being rescued, starts <acting as a spoiled child, synonym to female canine; with -ing> about how she displeases weapons visuals, me being civilized, behaving properly and addressing her with proper dignity; all while under heavy fire I'm very likely to aplogize, step aside and simply observe...

AS SHE AND HER WHOLE WORLD BURN.
I'll even provide extra wood.

If you're under attack you're in no position to make demands. If you insist - feel free coping with your problem yourself. kthxby, farewell and have a nice day.
My female canines were always well-behaved, balanced and extremely social beings.

Why do we even have NFZs to begin with? Shouldn't reckless fire fines and bounties cover everything?

Isn't it anti-griefing mechanics? In theory NFZ prevents mailslot camping - position yourself in line with mailslot, outside the station, deploy hardpoints and release occasional barrage of missiles upon those who attempt to leave the station. This, with abysmally short range of any weapon and microscopic mailslot size are means agains ill willed CMDRs.

Isn't it anti-griefing mechanics? In theory NFZ prevents mailslot camping - position yourself in line with mailslot, outside the station, deploy hardpoints and release occasional barrage of missiles upon those who attempt to leave the station. This, with abysmally short range of any weapon and microscopic mailslot size are means agains ill willed CMDRs.

But -hitting- another commander already gives you a bounty and makes a station attack you.

Firing and missing doesn't affect another commander.

But -hitting- another commander already gives you a bounty and makes a station attack you.

Currently.
But imagine that station's weapon ange remains the same while range of your missiles is greater. That way you can sit beyond station's reach while still being able to shoot freely. That's why now NFZ is so large and weapon range is so short.

And bounty - some people misbehaved anyway and last year's C&P changes were introduced.

Dang it I was hoping for some red hot combat landings but I missed the party. Never mind plenty of anti-xeno missions still going.

I hope they adapt the NFZ and this becomes a regular thing.

Top Bottom