Thargoids in BGS May Break Game

My main concern around Thargoids being added to the bgs revolves around Frontiers favorite thing to nerf: credits.

My anti-xeno anaconda cost upwards of 550 million credits. That was just the cost of the ship. I then had to engineer it to grade 5 from thrusters to hull to get it be survivable in a 1v1 fight with a cyclops. After that I had to have guardian equipment from module reinforcements to hull reinforcements to weapons to be able to do enough damage effectively.

This is an end game ship to sure. The amount of money it cost was significant.

How are new players or players who don't participate in combat (traders and explorers) supposed to defend their home systems when the thargoid incursion model rests on how many thargoids are killed?

Is Fdev's intent to push players into thargoid combat regardless of their own desires? How will this effect the xeno allies?

The real issue is supporting FDEV's bad game design and having yourself an anti-xeno ANACONDA... such a bad ship. Lol

On topic, I doubt much will actually change, there will always be fast credit sources that get discovered by a few, abused until those are rich beyond worry, and then "leaked" to a youtube or reddit where it will blow up big as people rush to get a slice before Frontier swings the nerf hammer on the credit sources claiming it was some sort of "error".

My main concern around Thargoids being added to the bgs revolves around Frontiers favorite thing to nerf: credits.

My anti-xeno anaconda cost upwards of 550 million credits. That was just the cost of the ship. I then had to engineer it to grade 5 from thrusters to hull to get it be survivable in a 1v1 fight with a cyclops. After that I had to have guardian equipment from module reinforcements to hull reinforcements to weapons to be able to do enough damage effectively.

This is an end game ship to sure. The amount of money it cost was significant.

How are new players or players who don't participate in combat (traders and explorers) supposed to defend their home systems when the thargoid incursion model rests on how many thargoids are killed?

Is Fdev's intent to push players into thargoid combat regardless of their own desires? How will this effect the xeno allies?

Just play the game mate, stop worrying about silly things.. You don't need a crappy conda buffed to extremes. Trading is also one of (if not the highest) paid profession in the game, explorers are generally out exploring, not sure how any explorer defends a system when 20,000LY away..

Last edited:
Whats a Thargoid?

Think it is a type of cat, Persian perhaps.. Don't quote me on that.

1z2oown.jpg

But will Scouts count the same as interceptors? Fdev has a habit of making, really obvious, bad decisions (Cone sector jump debacle, Formadine Rift fail, and so on). It would not surprise me at all if they decided only interceptors and above would count.

Whats a Thargoid?

It was something to be scared off back in the old games. Still not seen one in this reincarnation of Elite, but then I’ve not looked for them.

To the OP’s question this has been brought up and people replied all you need to do is call in the Thargoid hunters, I can see where FD want this all to go with squadons and the what not but I'm just too cynical to think it's going to be what they envisage, but I guess that's why they make games and I don't.

But will Scouts count the same as interceptors? Fdev has a habit of making, really obvious, bad decisions (Cone sector jump debacle, Formadine Rift fail, and so on). It would not surprise me at all if they decided only interceptors and above would count.

Currently they definitely count. Just check the AX Initiative discord and their weekly (and successful) system defense.

Defending is the key here, you get a week to kill as many scouts as possible. If you kill enough then job done, the conflict zones only appears if you don't kill enough.

Killing scouts is easy, no high end ship needed. Use multi cannons and they drop quickly.

I personally think this is a good move and gives everyone purpose to get involved

If they come near our faction systems, there will be thousands of scouts killed.

Not to mention the purposeful way that base game players really can't do much to help while playing in the same world, such a great way to design a game around mostly a dlc.

Top Bottom