that bounty hunting buff uwu

Agreed, I think mining needs to be more dangerous though. Maybe not everywhere, if you stick to high security systems for mining and transport you should be almost save.
But if you are in an anarchy / low security you should better bring your guns and shields or a wing to defend yourself.
I'm tired of people trying to force pew pew into everything. We already have to deal with the constant and annoying interdiction attempts when we're travelling with cargo and sometimes even without cargo. If you don't like mining, go bounty hunting or something.

Last edited:
I'm tired of people trying to force pew pew into everything. We already have to deal with the constant and annoying interdiction attempts when we're travelling with cargo and sometimes even without cargo. If you don't like mining, go bounty hunting or something.
I am tired of people to write nonsense.

UwU literally represents "cute anime face"

But I've watched anime and played video games with anime style characters, and nearly every anime character has the same face. They only differentiate characters by hair style and color.

Also, more serious or evil characters are usually animated with narrow eyes. The wider the eyes, the friendlier the character, with the exception of insane characters, who are usually also animated with wide eyes.

The characters are usually cast the same way. The reluctant hero with some hidden power who at some point has to come to grips with the responsibility that comes with it. The unbelievably personable and naive love interest who just can't seem to get the hero to notice her. The "hot, tough chick" who's all attitude because she has a tragic past and uses her "get them before they get me" front as a defense mechanism in order to not be hurt again. The big, dumb guy. The annoying, hyper nerdy kid who knows stuff so everyone puts up with her/him/shim. And the megalomaniacal evil character, who you know is the "bad guy" as soon as they come into frame.

I have seen/played some good anime/anime style games though too. Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Star Ocean, Cowboy Bebop. They go against the grain and are anything but typical.

I'm not a weeb. I just know a lot about Japanese culture and history ahem
Hah, good one. Almost had me there.

Just so annoying how in Pacman the developer forces ghosts on us. If you don't like hoovering up pills then just play ghost busters.
Uh... the equivilent to this would be the developers adding a bunch of the anti ghost pellets to the game and forcing you to eat the ghosts instead of the pellets. Which Im sure someone has done and frankly sounds a lot more fun.

Agreed, I think mining needs to be more dangerous though. Maybe not everywhere, if you stick to high security systems for mining and transport you should be almost save.
But if you are in an anarchy / low security you should better bring your guns and shields or a wing to defend yourself.
Yeah. Purposeful stateful volatility and variability from place to place and situation to situation (in everything not just mining) is and always has been at the top of my wish list for Elite from day 1. The devs' continued inability to do anything other than broad simple RNG variations of "spawn in, spawn out" across the entire galaxy–and the majority of forum goers' insistence that this is totally fine and good–is the main reason I'm unable to have a good faith conversation about anything in Elite anymore.

The entire player and npc ecosystem between mining ships, would-be pirates, and bounty hunters should be a sci-fi version of the Tom Waits scene in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. And this is pretty much how the Frontier promoted their big mining changes for Beyond; as a volatile and dangerous skill based activity. Trouble is they didn't deliver on any of the substance, all we got in the end was the nice asteroid cracking animations.

Unfortunately we're all still arguing about tweaking some payout numbers around the margins because that's all that's on the table for discussion.

Yeah. Purposeful stateful volatility and variability from place to place and situation to situation (in everything not just mining) is and always has been at the top of my wish list for Elite from day 1. The devs' continued inability to do anything other than broad simple RNG variations of "spawn in, spawn out" across the entire galaxy–and the majority of forum goers' insistence that this is totally fine and good–is the main reason I'm unable to have a good faith conversation about anything in Elite anymore.

The entire player and npc ecosystem between mining ships, would-be pirates, and bounty hunters should be a sci-fi version of the Tom Waits scene in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. And this is pretty much how the Frontier promoted their big mining changes for Beyond; as a volatile and dangerous skill based activity. Trouble is they didn't deliver on any of the substance, all we got in the end was the nice asteroid cracking animations.

Unfortunately we're all still arguing about tweaking some payout numbers around the margins because that's all that's on the table for discussion.
I think miners don't even need to be forced into combat. Either you mine in a high security system (low yield) or you go to an Anarchy but become friendly with the local pirates first. Or you bring your NPC wing...
That's the stuff I want to see, make factions and reputation more meaningful. Make the galaxy more diverse based on factions, states and economy. But I guess that's asking a bit much from some simple balancing changes, they are still welcome though.

They need to make the payout notice display the acutal new totals - hard to see whats going on otherwise. But after 2hrs in a HRes site last night i can definately say it could still do with a buff - total 25mill in 2hrs / 12mill per hour sucks against mining and even exploration!

They need to make the payout notice display the acutal new totals - hard to see whats going on otherwise. But after 2hrs in a HRes site last night i can definately say it could still do with a buff - total 25mill in 2hrs / 12mill per hour sucks against mining and even exploration!
I don't think you're supposed to make huge bank with just bounties in haz-rez. Missions and wing assasination missions need the buff.

I don't think you're supposed to make huge bank with just bounties in haz-rez. Missions and wing assasination missions need the buff.

I know. Im going off the pure payouts per target. I do wing missions solo and has nothing to do with it. If theyve increased them upto x12 atm then going on what i made last night just by target payouts they need to be somewhere around upto x20 of what they were.

Last edited:
Top Bottom