That moment when you realized....

That moment when you realized....

...that I spent an entire 15kLY trip with a 1E Basic Disco Scanner! DOH! :eek:

What are some of your "ah crap" moments?

Last edited:
Black box salvage mission without loading collector limpets. Taking out my mining ship with the fighter hangar installed so I'd have backup, forgot to embark the pilot.

Changing out ship weapons then realizing just as I got into combat, I didn't have firing assignments set up.

Big mistake.

First time I saw one of these.

34975771775_8ec2025671_b.jpg

.....Rebuy. (Ok, it was in beta but still.... [haha] )

The classic hit the 'jettison all' key by mistake with the sudden realisation that the dummy that had dumped 40 tonnes of performance enhancers was me.

65kLY from Sol, back in 1.x, and about 0.2LY short of the minimum needed to reach beagle point...

At this point, I thought to myself:

"You know, I really didn't need 5A thrusters for my Asp Explorer to get to Beagle Point..."

Z...

Last edited:
Over the years I have developed a habit of reading "your noob moment" threads on game forums. It provide valuable insight so that I can keep myself from contributing in such threads...

Also (and this is habit from work) I tend to use checklists - my memory is good, but short. Having a checklist surely saves a lot, be it time, money or frustration. Or is it maybe my hidden paranoia and my constant expectation that things will go south and i plan 3 steps ahead to counter unforeseen?

Took up the challenge for Ram Tah, 45 jumps it took to get to one of the sites - landed then went to deploy my SRV only to find I didn't bring it with me. Had to go hunting for a station and dip my hand me pocket.

I'm sure I heard Del-Boy from the other side of the galaxy call me Plonker.

V2k.

Every single time I pull a Cosby Maneuver.

Oh, you don't know what a Cosby Maneuver is?

That's when you line up your approach to a station nice and perfect, glide right on in, and have not requested permission and have to slip back out without getting caught.
Ha ha! Brilliant!

Every single time I pull a Cosby Maneuver.

Oh, you don't know what a Cosby Maneuver is?

That's when you line up your approach to a station nice and perfect, glide right on in, and have not requested permission and have to slip back out without getting caught.

Dead.

Used my mining ship to get Painite for Selene Jean so I could put heavy duty hull re-inforcement on my Python, went to her base, squandered all my mats on getting a good roll ... and then realised I'd put heavy duty hull re-inforcement on ... you guessed it ... my mining ship.

Shazbat!

Was about 12 to 14k ly away from bubble out exploring and saw a cool planet. Figured it would be a nice rest place after a few hours of playing. Still not sure how I did this prolly just tired lol but I swear it said 20 km from surface looked at side panel and boom I hit at full speed and saw the rebuy screen.
Sat there and just looked at the window through Vr for a few moments then put Oculus and the game away for 2 weeks. Makes me smile today........😎

Top Bottom