The 0% Club

This is a new one for me. There was a thread for the 1% club, of which I'm already a member. After dealing with the griefers at Obsidian Orbital, I got away and made it back to the station with 0%. Of course, there's no repairs at Darnielle's progress:

WyjRPZn.jpg

This is a new one for me. There was a thread for the 1% club, of which I'm already a member. After dealing with the griefers at Obsidian Orbital, I got away and made it back to the station with 0%. Of course, there's no repairs at Darnielle's progress:

https://i.imgur.com/WyjRPZn.jpg

Yeow!

Why not equip some repair limpets? I don't leave home without them these days since you never know what to expect at these attacked stations and the systems they are in.

Isn't that a Sidewinder? Just lift off drop your shield and then finish off the ship into the ground, rebuy back at the pad you just left with a full health ship. Rebuy is what, 15k?

For those in more expensive ships, it pays to have a AFMU, even a small one.

Last edited:
Yeow!

Why not equip some repair limpets? I don't leave home without them these days since you never know what to expect at these attacked stations and the systems they are in.
Unfortunately, there's no room in a Sidewinder for such luxuries, and they would slow me down anyway. I need maximum speed for my ED version of Neg's urban sprinting.

Unfortunately, there's no room in a Sidewinder for such luxuries, and they would slow me down anyway. I need maximum speed for my ED version of Neg's urban sprinting.

Oh! My bad!

I didn't catch the Sidewinder part. Wait! Why are you using a Sidewinder for this work again?

Just jumping up one ship level or two would give you your capacity for limpets among some other obvious advantages.

Oh! My bad!

I didn't catch the Sidewinder part. Wait! Why are you using a Sidewinder for this work again?

Just jumping up one ship level or two would give you your capacity for limpets among some other obvious advantages.
Sidewinder is the lowest rebuy and is very fast with minimal outfit and G5 dirty enhanced thrusters. I've been interdicting the griefers around Onsidian Orbital today. It was a lot of fun. I'm just uploading the video now. In about 30 mins, look on Youtube for Elite Dangerous Urban Sprinting 2. In the meantime, watch this one to get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUMhauUDeWQ&t=80s

• Like (+1)
Reactions: GG7
Sidewinder is the lowest rebuy and is very fast with minimal outfit and G5 dirty enhanced thrusters. I've been interdicting the griefers around Onsidian Orbital today. It was a lot of fun. I'm just uploading the video now. In about 30 mins, look on Youtube for Elite Dangerous Urban Sprinting 2. In the meantime, watch this one to get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUMhauUDeWQ&t=80s

I see! Very cool! :)

Thanks for the additional info. I can now see the method to your madness! lol! [haha]

Kudos to you for bringing some hurt to those moronic griefers! [up]

I never really understood why a ship with 0% or 1% still flies like a normal ship? Surely you should really struggle to control the thing given it's basically in bits and being held together by stardust!

You're assuming that 0% hull = there is no hull? Who knows, you may be right.

But I always assumed 0% hull was when the hull reached a level of decrepitude that would no longer sustain the structure - which is quite a different thing. There still could be 95% of the hull mass left, but not enough integrity to hold the ship together and that might be what 0% is measured as.

Top Bottom