• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

The activation of an object two times in succession does not work

Severity
Moderate

Frequency
All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
Scenery

Description
Hi, sorry for my english, i'm french :)

An object cannot be activated two times in succession if the deadline between the first activation and the second is not of 3.1 seconds minimum.

I shall like be able to activate the same object all the second but not continuous

Steps to Reproduce
1/ Place firework and sequencer
2/ Create Scenic group
3/ Add the firework first time at 0.0 second
4/ Add the same firework second time at 3.0 second OR LESS
5/ Only the one is launch

If you schedule the second activation at 3.1 OR MORE, it's ok.

Example here : http://imgur.com/a/CxPXB
Same problem with lights and others...

Last edited:
This isn't a bug. The issue is, no object can activate again until its animation is complete from the 1st activation. It isn't just fireworks, it's everything you can trigger: doors, water jets, anything. As long as the 1st animation is running, the object is "busy" and cannot start another animation.

I thought of it but not.
If I activate a light during 0.1 seconds, I also have to wait 3 seconds later to reactivate her.
His animation lasts 0.1 seconds, thus there is 2.9 seconds when it makes nothing.
For me it is a big problem for projects of shows.

Is it thus the problem which can be solved?
When we launch manually a group several times in a row, the animation does very well, I thus see not why that would not be possible to make him with triggers ^^

Thank you in advance ! [up] [heart]

I thought of it but not.
If I activate a light during 0.1 seconds, I also have to wait 3 seconds later to reactivate her.
His animation lasts 0.1 seconds, thus there is 2.9 seconds when it makes nothing.
For me it is a big problem for projects of shows.
Question: Did you set the light's own trigger duration to 0.1 by editing the light itself? They default to 3.0 unless you change them. IOW, without changing the duration on the light itself, the light will be on for 3 seconds and nothing, whether the sequencer or a regular coaster trigger, can call that same light again until 3 seconds pass.

If you DID change the lights' own trigger duration setting, but the sequencer can't reactivate it for 3 seconds, then that's a problem with the sequencer. With a coaster trigger, you can create a strobe light effect very simply as follows:

* set light's trigger duration to 0.1
* create 1 single coaster trigger
* have that single trigger call the same light every 0.2 seconds, so you have 0.1 on, 0.1 off, repeat

The sequencer is essentially just a 0-length coaster track with however many triggers you want. IOW, each display group in the sequencer is the same thing as a coaster trigger. So doing the same steps as above should work for it. If it doesn't, then the sequencer has a problem.

OK, this is not a bug, and I have solved the OP's problem.

The OP's problem is that he did not change the light's own trigger duration to 0.1. If you do that, then both regular coaster triggers and the display sequencer can activate the same light every 0.2, creating a strobe light effect.

To create a strobe light with the display sequencer (or a coaster), do the following:

1. Place the light, check its "triggered" box, and change the duration to 0.1

2. Place a display sequencer (or trigger on a ride--works exactly the same for all of them) and click "add display sequence"

3. Connect the one light to the trigger with a delay of 0

4. Connect the same light to the trigger again, with a delay of 0.2

5. Connect the same light to the trigger a 3rd time, with a delay of 0.4

6. Connect the same light to the trigger however many times you want, and give each instance 0.2 more delay than the one before.

7. Profit.

So like I said originally, it's the duration of the object's animation that determines how frequently you can activate it.

OK, this is not a bug, and I have solved the OP's problem.

The OP's problem is that he did not change the light's own trigger duration to 0.1. If you do that, then both regular coaster triggers and the display sequencer can activate the same light every 0.2, creating a strobe light effect.

To create a strobe light with the display sequencer (or a coaster), do the following:

1. Place the light, check its "triggered" box, and change the duration to 0.1

2. Place a display sequencer (or trigger on a ride--works exactly the same for all of them) and click "add display sequence"

3. Connect the one light to the trigger with a delay of 0

4. Connect the same light to the trigger again, with a delay of 0.2

5. Connect the same light to the trigger a 3rd time, with a delay of 0.4

6. Connect the same light to the trigger however many times you want, and give each instance 0.2 more delay than the one before.

7. Profit.

So like I said originally, it's the duration of the object's animation that determines how frequently you can activate it.
I have just made new tests.
I had configured well the light at 0.1 seconds.
The solution of your second message does not work with me, I have only the first activation in 0 seconds which starts.

The only solution which works with me, it is if I place the second sequencer for the same object and which I puts 0.0 seconds in the first one and 0.2 seconds in the second. (And I activate accordingly both sequencers at the same time with the third one).
If I place 0.0 and 0.2 seconds in a single sequencer it does not work.

EDIT :
Okay, no.
Finally, with the lights, from now on it works.

Last edited:
Here is a new manipulation to follow to show you my problem :

I want to create a row of lamps which bustles one after the other to make an effect stroke but on a line.

1. Place the light 1 with triggered box checked and duration 0.1

2. Place the light 2 with triggered box checked and duration 0.1

3. Place the light 3 with triggered box checked and duration 0.1

4. Place a display sequencer 1 with triggered box checked and click "add display sequence"

5. Connect the light 1 to the trigger with a delay of 0

4. Connect the light 2 to the trigger, with a delay of 0.2

5. Connect the light 3 to the trigger, with a delay of 0.4

I want to repeat this sequence two times in succession with 2 seconds apart

6. Place a display sequencer 2 and click "add display sequence"

7. Connect the display sequencer 1, with a delay of 0

If I activate him now, it works. But I want that my sequence repeats two times in succession.

8. Connect the display sequencer 1 again, with a delay of 2 seconds

If I activate him now, I am only going to have the first sequence which is going to be played

9. If I redoes the stage 8 but with a delay of 3.1 seconds

If I activate him now, my two sequences work but the gap between both activations is too much big for me

10. In the display sequencer 2, I keep only the first activation at 0.0 seconds

11. Copy/Paste the display sequencer 1 without changes (The one who contains the activation of the lights)

12. Return to display sequencer 2 and add connect to the new display sequencer with a delay of 2 seconds

13. Now, if i activate, my two sequences work.

Thus I have to call two different sequencers for the same thing because if I call twice the first sequencer with a delay lower than 3.1 second, it does not work.

This color => What I would want to make and which does not work
This color => A solution which works who does not suit what I want to make
This color => A solution which realizes what I want but not with the desired basic method

It is complicated enough :)

Last edited:

QA-Mitch

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
Hey AlphaAlex,

Sorry for the delay getting back to this.

To assist with this investigation, if this is still an issue in the current version of the game, can you please provide a video to assist in this investigation.