Ships The Annie owners club

Finally built a fully engineered long distance Anaconda Explorer. She jumps 68.83 LY. Even with that range with mods for overcharged power plant, engine focused power distributor, and clean drives she boosts and has everything on her for the long haul. Every possible mod to reduce mass has been applied. It took a long time to collect the mats. I also plan on reconfiguring her to do long distance passenger missions. She should easily pay for herself quickly.

How do you make 80 million on a single passenger run?

Through lame exploits. Befriend faction in appropriate spot then board flip and cherry pick missions until the hold is full. After this particularly gamey endeavour, go deliver for your ill begotten credits all the while cheating yourself out of any actual gameplay.

Through lame exploits. Befriend faction in appropriate spot then board flip and cherry pick missions until the hold is full. After this particularly gamey endeavour, go deliver for your ill begotten credits all the while cheating yourself out of any actual gameplay.

Thanks. I think I'll stick with the old fashion way and enjoy the sights during the mission.

Got my Exploraconda (To Boldly Go) prepared for the expeditions that will happen around the end of this year.

Summary:
Jumprange w/ 32 tons of fuel on board: 67.26 LY
3D low-power grade 5 shields, stripped-down (0.9 tons)
1D fuel limpet controller
1D repair limpet controller
ADS + long-range surface detail scanner
1x Mining Lance, in case I need to get common materials quick from an asteroid belt
AFMU, corrosion-proof cargo rack, other sundry items that don't take up any weight.

Total ship mass: 605 tons.

54837342B33C552667C7A0EDF77EAD3889B6991D

Last edited:
Bought an Anaconda late last year, even made a post of it here, but to be honest I didn't like it. It seemed at the time that the only thing going for it was it's maximum jump range, and even as an explorer it seems you need to sacrifice great views and handling just so you can make the biggest jumps.

I know that others had achieved 84LY with fairly stripped down builds, so I was wondering how capable I could build an Anaconda while sacrificing the least amount of jump range. Immediately I had in mind 75LY as a target or at worst 70LY; with 9LY of room, surely I could build a well protected explorer?

Well after some initial engineering, I had to adjust my expectations and settle on a 70LY (fully fueled) target, and I only just managed to scrape past this by slightly compromising on the actual performance of the ship (especially the power plant, I could of had a much more heat efficient setup if I just caved in and went with a 6A, but noooo, I had to scrape past 70LY... :) ).

However the result is far more capable then I had hoped (for an exploration ship)...again the 5D engine solidifies itself as my favourite ED engine (I have the exact same engine on my AspX, Python and Krait Mk II), and the 5D shields perform exceptionally well when I decided to go all shield boosters:

My current build (Endless Sea): https://s.orbis.zone/lu

0E shield boosters for the win!, over 1500MJ of absolute protection and 2600MJ of thermal protection with 0-pips to SYS. Incendiary rounds on the 3C multi-cannon's works very well; and so does the 4A's corrosive. Even with 2-pips to weapons I can keep firing nearly indefinitely (rail guns not included :p) due to lightweight engineering reducing the distributor draw (and this is on a 5A Distributor). I was impressed at how well the 5A power plant did considering how much stuff it needs to keep powering. 70LY jump range, but it can do 72.70LY on fumes.

Outfitting:
UiMubcz.png
Top View:
4RV7PWr.png

It turns out that 84LY is with a completely stripped build and a more realistic minimalistic exploration fit is nearly 82LY: https://s.orbis.zone/m2

So for a trade off of just over 9LY I get:
-Shields increased 10-fold (153MJ -> 1583MJ) not even counting the much improved resistances
-Increased Hull integrity and resistances (1706.7)
-The ability to dish out decent amounts of damage
-Improved engine speed
-Fighter Bay
-Repair & Fuel limpets

Overall a pretty reasonable trade; however while I build all my explorers this way (with better defence/offence), the Anaconda manages to do so while still retaining it's obscene jump range advantage :D

I decide to pick up an Anconda to use as my “express” delivery ship to take advantage of its longer laden jump of 20.5 ly with 400 tons of cargo versus the my Pythons’s 15.0 ly and Type 9’s 12.4 ly jumps. None of my ships are engineered, I haven’t gotten into engineering yet.

My cargo fleet now consists of the Python “Sovereign Star” for medium pad delivery of 276 tons cargo, Type 9 Heavy “Market Star” for short distance bulk delivery of 660 tons, and Anaconda “Express Star” for longer distance trade runs. I Also have a Type 6 “Wandering Star,” but she has been reconfigured for touring. Still, she is available for hauling 64 tons 20.3 ly for fast medium pad deliveries.

The Anaconda really gives the feeling of a LARGE ship with that long nose in front of the helm and a huge bridge. While it handles better than the Type 9, it's not as easy to dock. The view out is restricted due to the nose, plus it's a high ship with the helm on top. Lining up to go through the mail slot in the Type 9 is easy as you are more centered at the very front of the ship, and once in you have an unrestricted view up, down and to the sides to spot your assigned landing pad. With the Anaconda you are almost scraping your head on the top of the mail slot when properly aligned and once in must rely on the compass display to find your pad as you can't see anything below the nose.

I like it!

Here she is, the newest member of The Star Line fleet!

Faulcon DeLacy Anaconda “Express Star” LA-01A
ns96n31.jpg

Last edited:
Man, Anaconda can look so nice. I only wish the underside wouldn't be so busy.

And you should visit an engineer. Just to give those thrusters a tad more power. Even G1 with drag drives will make a difference.

Man, Anaconda can look so nice. I only wish the underside wouldn't be so busy.

And you should visit an engineer. Just to give those thrusters a tad more power. Even G1 with drag drives will make a difference.

Dang I don't think I could fly my Conda without my dirty drives, At G4 now and at least it can manoeuvre without taking an eternity. that said mines for causing space debris,

I heard about the Gnosis jump and rushed to get an Anaconda bought and outfitted with lots of passenger missions, then learned I'd been very wise in choosing defense and weapons over range. Equiped with her iridescent camouflage paint and over equipped with an assortment of lethal bits I survived intact and got my first taste of Thargoid combat: https://s.orbis.zone/110f

Thought I'd hate big ships having fallen in love with my Krait, but the module options of the Anaconda won me over and I just love flying her. Not a pvp player, but she's hard to overwhelm in pve and I've not had a rebuy that way. Top grade engineering mostly because I'm well into my second thousand hours and I only bought the game in May [I hear rl happens, I just avoid it if at all possible].

She does a comfortable 40 and a bit ly currently while laden, and with the integration of the Discovery scanner I have room for an extra defensive or fuel limpet slot. I expect gankers and alien threats on DW2, so I want to survive and respond if threatened. No point skipping vast portions of space on an exploration mission for me.

I can take my complete toybox, so I do.

52083x1540.jpg
55733x9707.jpg

tnx for posting those pictures... Going to go and buy myself a new paintjob for my conda =) also team fleet mechanic =)

I was doing a 15k ly shakedown cruise on my exploration Orca for DW2 and now I am thinking of switching to anaconda again. It is such a lovely ship in so many aspects and I could take everything I want and still have 70+ LY jump range on it. The build I started building is this:

https://s.orbis.zone/1kkn

It would also be a better choice for the mining CGs there in the midpoints.

Just picked mine up today, and I have to say it is absolutely GORGEOUS. Faulcon Delacy really knows how to build a ship. Also, thanks to some inspiration by some System Authorities flying these, I decided to try out the Plasma Accelerators for the first time with this, and I think I'm in love.
51760165_2093427097412739_2625640918249635840_n.jpg

f1ejvr.jpg

Here is my anaconda class exploration ship.
The ATLANTIA is my pride and join, the "one" who is gonna be my companion for hours on end on this game, took me some time to get to it but now is here.

Working today on the engenieer part of it, (material grinding), so i can upgrade its systems and i will takle in time the guardian part of things too to increase its range and eficiency.
ATM running at around 41ly jump range, with the gear i want to have, basically almost strip down but with cargo racks, fuel tanks, 4 srvs and auto repair, all others are bare minimum around level 5.
I took it for a shake down test cruise of around 5.000 Ly, and loved it as a "tool" for exploration.
(lots of 1st to map pop ups on the return, a nice profit, lots of interesting sites seen, alien encounters, ships, and a sense of self acomplishment)

Last edited:
I’ve owned Elite since before Horizons but hardly ever did much besides space trucking in a Type-7 then Type-9. Recently I’ve got back into the game and finally saved up enough to buy and A class an Anaconda.

At first I didn’t like it. Big and slow but couldn’t haul as much as my Type-9. But I stuck with it and found it was finally giving me the incentive to grind out engineering. Now I’ve got her setup as a combat build with 4 gimballed MC’s in the huge and large hard points (overcharged/autoloader and 1 corrosive), and the other hardpoints have efficient oversized beam turrets. There are a few engineers left to unlock including Palin and Tarquin so I can finish off the thrusters and beams but it’s feeling strong, at least for a PvE player like me.

Right now I have parts to swap out if I want to maximize jump range, but I haven’t been able to justify spending mats to increase it beyond the 72ish LY jump range of that loadout. Eventually I want to grind out the rep and cash to have a corvette and cutter, and will re-evaluate how to best setup the Conda for my needs, but for now I’m enjoying the hell out of it in a heavy brawler role.

Last edited:
Top Bottom