The best way to take HD Screenshots and Video

Hi guys,
Whats the best way to take HD Screenshots and footage while playing Planet Coaster?

Ideally, I would want free software, as I'm only planning on using it for Planet Coaster.

Also, I've tried OBS, but it seems so incredibly difficult to use. I just want something that allows me to hit a key and it takes a screenshot or starts and stops recording.

Thanks guys

If you happen to have an Nvidia graphics card, they have a built in recording software called Shadowplay. You access it by using the GeForce Experience program.

Hello everybody. I really don't understand how it is possible that several people can record videos of the game and others can not. I have tried several times and I am unable to do it ...
I have Windows 10 on a PC and I can record other games like Cities Skylines using the Game DVR from Xbox but with Planet Coaster simply tells me that is not supported.
The same thing happens with GeForce Experience from Nvidia. Here's a picture of my specs in GeForce. Any suggestion?
2016-03-28%20at%2018-47-43.jpg

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

2016-03-28%20at%2019-11-11.jpg

Hi

If you have an nvidia card and GeForce experience a little tip to allow recording is to open up GeForce experience > go to to the 'Preferences' tab > Select 'Shadow Play' > Tick 'Allow Desktop Recording'

You can now use shadow play to record planet coaster footage. Just use the manual recording hotkey to start/stop recording and you're golden! [up]

Thx LeglessBloke, even the Shadow Play option still don't shows up I just followed specifically that last part of your msg and I finally found my headache was that "Allow Desktop Recording" was under the Privacy Control. Just a simple click on Yes and that's it. Thx.

Hello everybody. I really don't understand how it is possible that several people can record videos of the game and others can not. I have tried several times and I am unable to do it ...
I have Windows 10 on a PC and I can record other games like Cities Skylines using the Game DVR from Xbox but with Planet Coaster simply tells me that is not supported.
The same thing happens with GeForce Experience from Nvidia. Here's a picture of my specs in GeForce. Any suggestion?
http://aritario.com/images7/2016-03-28 at 18-47-43.jpg

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

http://aritario.com/images7/2016-03-28 at 19-11-11.jpg
I think shadowplay is not showing up for you because you are using a beta version of geforce experience. try uninstalling it and installing the non beta version from nvidia http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience
On my computer, this is how geforce experience appears. It shows the shadowplay button in top right
jMXNBaM.png

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a good recording program, OBS has too low quality for me.

I think I know what you're talking about, is it the blurryness when something moves/you move around?

It's not that OBS has low quality, but probably some of your settings aren't quite right. This worked for me to fix the issue:
Settings -> Encoding -> Max Bitrate (kb/s) : Set it to something like 8000, I believe the default is 1000 since the last update which simply isn't enough if you want a good looking video.

OBS is one of the most easy tools to record with to be honest. They have a great easy how to set up guide and what not. And if you have set the basics it's all like push a button to start/stop recoridng and taking easy screenshots. All recording software tools that are quite good either cost money or are free but still take some time to set up the basics so you're video will be recorded correctly in the right FPS and resolution etc.

I think I know what you're talking about, is it the blurryness when something moves/you move around?

It's not that OBS has low quality, but probably some of your settings aren't quite right. This worked for me to fix the issue:
Settings -> Encoding -> Max Bitrate (kb/s) : Set it to something like 8000, I believe the default is 1000 since the last update which simply isn't enough if you want a good looking video.

Bitrate settings have nothing to do with recording. The bitrate is for upload speed. also the max you should be using is 3000-3500 for 1080P.

Top Bottom