Community Event / Creation The BRC presents a Race for Long Range Ships: Nebulocity (3-11 June 3303)

Maybe I can get an extension on the race since the race after is being delayed, leaving a full 2-week gap between the end of Nebulocity and the start of Double Action Jackson.

Drakhyr?

Sure, extending into the following week would not be a problem.

I won't be in game for the launch, I'm afraid. On the other hand, I will (finally) be picking up the new machine, so I can see the game the same way as all of you. :)

Just back from a little holiday/vacation.

CMDR Markzx59 (racer1)
Unlimited Class
Intro Event
Hauler Ship Name - Transit

I'm sure I'll do an AspX or DBX run too
TBC :)

I won't be in game for the launch, I'm afraid. On the other hand, I will (finally) be picking up the new machine, so I can see the game the same way as all of you. :)

Congrats man! That's super exciting, welcome to the glorious pixels!

I suppose I ought to post an intent to race (just before I set off, that is!):

Cmdr Samwell Drakhyr
Unlimited
Route Six-66: Hauler Shirley Knot
California Dreamin' (Medium): Type-6 Deep Blue Yonder

I don't have the patience to do the engineering required to actually win this, so these will be using their standard builds rather than extreme stripped odwn versions (and hence I'm going with the T6 as one of my favourite ships).

Last edited:
So, this is a one-day event, on the 18th of June? Is that correct? It's a bit confusing to me :)
No, it's a two-week event, running from now (and just finishing on the 18th).
It was originally scheduled to be a one-week event, but due to various circumstances was extended to two after the thread had already been created.

I suppose I ought to post an intent to race (just before I set off, that is!):

Cmdr Samwell Drakhyr
Unlimited
Route Six-66: Hauler Shirley Knot
California Dreamin' (Medium): Type-6 Deep Blue Yonder

I don't have the patience to do the engineering required to actually win this, so these will be using their standard builds rather than extreme stripped odwn versions (and hence I'm going with the T6 as one of my favourite ships).
That's actually a large part of what the Standard class is for, people who can't be competitive with engineered ships (for whatever reason). I understand there was some confusion on that point, so if you wanted to submit to Standard with an unengineered ship I'd be cool with tossing this first submission.

CMDR Cheetah
Unlimited Class
Intro Event
Brown Alert III
Main Event - Unlimited
Large - Anaconda - Galactica

Had a little run this afternoon and you are right! It's a beautiful course!

That's actually a large part of what the Standard class is for, people who can't be competitive with engineered ships (for whatever reason). I understand there was some confusion on that point, so if you wanted to submit to Standard with an unengineered ship I'd be cool with tossing this first submission.

I run Horizons, and normally use (lightly) engineered ships, so I will stick with unlimited class as originally requested. All I'm saying is that while some people out there might have ships with multiple grade 5 modifications, each maxed out as far as possible following dozens of re-rolls, that isn't me :)

Had a little run this afternoon and you are right! It's a beautiful course!

Definitely agreed on that one! I shall be taking the return leg a little more slowly in order to appreciate the sights a bit more.

There was a hollow square around at Mic Turner base when I came through; I can only imagine what that player must have thought if they saw me swoop in to the bark mounds, come crashing to a halt against the tourist beacon*, pause briefly (screenshots) and then shoot back off to orbit...

* it's always amazing how resilient those beacons are (like the lamp-posts on starport landing pads) even when you crash a 200 tonne ship into them at something in the region of 400mph...

I run Horizons, and normally use (lightly) engineered ships, so I will stick with unlimited class as originally requested. All I'm saying is that while some people out there might have ships with multiple grade 5 modifications, each maxed out as far as possible following dozens of re-rolls, that isn't me :)
It's up to you, but the intent of the law here (and it's my law, so I know the intent) is to give as many people as possible an opportunity to be competitive. If you can't be competitive in Unlimited (even if that's by choice of playstyle) then it's totally cool to run in Standard, even if you own Horizons.

Top Bottom