The Bubble-Engineers must not be worse than the Colonia-Engineers. Equal but not worse.

If someone wants to go to colonia that is fine and admirable, yet not everyone does. And with all the grind in ED, asking me to go to Colonia to get me G4-Shieldcells is a bit much to ask ...
Surely I could just pin the recipe and get the experimental somewhere in the bubble but will I then have to go to Colonia again when G5 is available? And again with interdictors?
I mean sure ... Theoretically that is still just a finite amount of work but ... srsly, 21k ly ... If I have to do that trip by force I srsly only want to do it once.
And neither do I want to wait the surely long amount of time until that is possible. And I DEFENATELY do not want to have a disadvantage in PvP!
For PvP is what I do. Sure not everybody is into it, but really ... srsly ... in all honesty ... having to go to Colonia in order to get the high end gear is too much to ask even for ED!
Just give, whenever a Colonia-Engineer would surpass a Bubble-Engineer, said Bubble-Engineer the same G-upgrade. PLEASE <O

Yawn. Yet we can get to Colonia in 107 jumps. So less than 2 hours time.
Which already adds up to 4 hours if you count the way back also much more important is that this method requires a LOT of FSD-Injection at the rarest grade. I mean ... come on.

My understanding was that the Colonia engineers were added so that players operating there did not have to travel back to the bubble to engineer their ships. Adding Colonia exclusive engineering seems counter to that goal
This suggestion is akin to demanding that legendary equipment be available in the starter dungeons of WoW.

Might as well just request that all ships come fully equipped with G5 mods.

That's a 'No' from me.

Given that Colonia engineers are not significantly harder to unlock and get to grade 5 than their bubble equivalents a closer analogy is demanding legendary drops not be arbitrarily restricted to certain end game dungeons.

Given that Colonia engineers are not significantly harder to unlock and get to grade 5 than their bubble equivalents a closer analogy is demanding legendary drops not be arbitrarily restricted to certain end game dungeons.

The 'hard' part is traveling to Colonia. The OP feels that is too taxing and is requesting that it be made simpler. My analogy stands.

Surely I could just pin the recipe and get the experimental somewhere in the bubble but will I then have to go to Colonia again when G5 is available? And again with interdictors?
Pinned recipes are automatically upgraded if the engineer discovers a new level, so you don't need to go back. (And Brandon already knows SCBs at level 5, there's just no such thing as a level 5 SCB)

Interdictors, since they're also Brandon's recipe, you wouldn't be able to pin at the same time as SCBs. The sensible thing to do if you only want to do the journey once is wait for G5 interdictors to be available (this might be a few years yet - they're not a blueprint people use much), then fly out, pin the SCB blueprint, and engineer up as many 1A interdictors as you'll ever need for your ships for transfer back later.

Just give, whenever a Colonia-Engineer would surpass a Bubble-Engineer, said Bubble-Engineer the same G-upgrade.
So you want to get for free the upgrades people in Colonia have had to actually work on upgrading their engineers to get?

As I've said in other threads, I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of "Technology Exchange" game event where Colonia franchises certain blueprints to bubble engineers, in exchange for the technology to make certain large A-rated modules. It might be an interesting topic for one of these Interstellar Initiatives. PvPers willing to travel could even try to disrupt it to keep their (incremental) advantage.

My understanding was that the Colonia engineers were added so that players operating there did not have to travel back to the bubble to engineer their ships. Adding Colonia exclusive engineering seems counter to that goal
We largely had "don't have to travel back to the bubble" once 3.0 added remote workshops. I think it's more to give us something to cooperate on out here that's not a CG.

Other than the travel, Colonia engineers are generally considerably easier to unlock than almost all bubble engineers. Other than the travel.

But then the best Power Distributor blueprints in the game are with one of the easiest engineers to unlock.

I thought the Colonia engineers were added before 3.0, but I don't pay much attention to Colonia so I may be mistaken.

As a compromise perhaps the mechanic of engineers gradually unlocking additional blueprint grades as players make use of their services could be applied to engineers in the bubble. Could also be useful for RPers, for example hardcore Empire supporters might never unlock The Sarge and his G5 cannon blueprints but might be able to help gradually improve Todd "The Blaster" McQuinn's cannon repertoire

This is challenge, this game about flying, it can be managed easy and a lot оf other arguments from pilots, who can jump between stars.

I thought the Colonia engineers were added before 3.0, but I don't pay much attention to Colonia so I may be mistaken.
No, much later - 3.2, and were only balanced so that they'd ever get an actual upgrade beyond G1 in 3.3

As a compromise perhaps the mechanic of engineers gradually unlocking additional blueprint grades as players make use of their services could be applied to engineers in the bubble. Could also be useful for RPers, for example hardcore Empire supporters might never unlock The Sarge and his G5 cannon blueprints but might be able to help gradually improve Todd "The Blaster" McQuinn's cannon repertoire
That would also make sense, perhaps, at least for the ones that no-one does. Having every bubble engineer G5 on all their blueprints is probably not what Frontier wants, though, since it would make a lot of them completely obsolete.

Same as Ram Tah has G5 heat sinks, but there's no such thing as a level 2 high capacity heat sink. Both SCB blueprints only go up to 4 ... for some reason.

That actually makes sense. Still I wouldn't rest my mind on that staying this way.
But just to remind ppl of my main argument here: Asking me to stare into oblivion for EIGHT HOURS multiple times for something Lori Jameson should also have.
Maaan ... srsly ...

This suggestion is akin to demanding that legendary equipment be available in the starter dungeons of WoW.

Might as well just request that all ships come fully equipped with G5 mods.

That's a 'No' from me.
How about a new system in the bubble with a single engineer that has all blueprints and requires a bit fewer mats, but is behind a permit that requires triple elite?

im not quite sure what you mean by this thread, the colonia engineers are worse than the bubble engineers already, so you basically already have what you want in the game.
All of the bubble engineers are better than the ones in colonia.

Last edited:
How about a new system in the bubble with a single engineer that has all blueprints and requires a bit fewer mats, but is behind a permit that requires triple elite?

So you want to lock me out of engneers because I will never be triple elite, I just can't stand all that kill, kill, kill thousands of times to get elite combat, it's just boring and brainless. Not fair they should make everyone unlockable by exploration data.

I actually agree with that. I'm struggling to get to triple elite because exploration is so boring. I wish we could trade. You get me from 8% pioneer to elite. I'll get you to combat elite.

Or we can have a new engineer that requires double elite; because, lol, trade elite

im not quite sure what you mean by this thread, the colonia engineers are worse than the bubble engineers already, so you basically already have what you want in the game.
All of the bubble engineers are better than the ones in colonia.
The Colonia Engineers cannot do all that the bubble-Engineers can, yes. BUT as of now also vice-versa which is the reason for the thread. Colonia is where you have to go if you want to max out your Lightweight-Life-Support. And that wouldn't even be the big porblem. The REAL deal is that you now have to go there to get the best shield-cells that are available atm.
The complaint: Going there.

And about the thing with triple Elite ... XD You know that is actually still way too easy. Quadro-Elite would maybe be a thing but that's something I wouldn't really want to decide.
Especially not on this thread <D ... so yeah ...

I once again restate my original point:
Beeing forced to go to Colonia multiple times in order to get the necessary high-end stuff is a bit too much grind to ask, even for ED's standards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom